OggDude

Another Character Generator

11 hours ago, Frostweasel said:

Ah I missed this in the rules, thanks.

It's not well signposted; if you skip the text at the start of the armour section and go straight to the stats and flavour text, you'd never know it.

Looks like the next book will be one of the ones probably most groups have been waiting for is coming Fully Operational because of the custom building vehicles. I am not holding my breath as this book has been on shiping status before then returned to on the boat status. I really hope it is for sure coming out one of the gms I have been running a droid tech in is tempting me with the tree from that book.

I am having a hard time trying to find where i can apply a base to a character. i have made multiple bases in there editor but i dont know where to connect them to a character or a group. can anyone help me please.

8 minutes ago, lordvarek said:

I am having a hard time trying to find where i can apply a base to a character. i have made multiple bases in there editor but i dont know where to connect them to a character or a group. can anyone help me please.

are you using the GM tools? it's in there.

group2.png

Edited by Bojanglez

It will be added soon as Oggdude has the time he gets really busy with his job so sometimes books will take a while but it is possible to add the stuff manually to the generator through data editor if you really need something from the book right away. Heck I am sure the Fully Operation book wont be on for a while because it has the new vehicle crafting rules.

Edited by kiranar
adding more

1 hour ago, kiranar said:

It will be added soon as Oggdude has the time he gets really busy with his job so sometimes books will take a while but it is possible to add the stuff manually to the generator through data editor if you really need something from the book right away. Heck I am sure the Fully Operation book wont be on for a while because it has the new vehicle crafting rules.

And is you send xml files you have entered to him it speads it up.

I am building a Pilot (Ace) / Rigger (Ace) character. I have assigned him a starship (a YT-2400 Freighter). When I assign the character the talent "Signature Vehicle", the tool says that I have no vehicle assigned. 

Anyone else have this problem? I'm running the version 2.2.1.1 of the generator.

EDIT: My mistake. I realized that I needed the talent "Larger Project" to assign a Siloutte 4 vehicle as the signature vehicle.

@OggDude, this is an incredible tool and the improvements you have made to it over time are so good... thanks!!

Edited by hikari_dourden

I recently back to EotE after long break, I have OggDude's Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools, 1.4 version which still work on my laptop, I downloaded the recent version 2.2.1.1 but this wont start at all I recreated folder in my roaming directory this also wont help do you have any advice how to sort this problem 

When using data editor, and trying to add a career skill to a talent, it doesn't seem to stick.

I have noticed that all user talents seem to get a choose career skills section, even if not picked, which could be related.

Editing it manually into data file works.

Edit - Also, if looking at data editor, would be handy if when you click on a symbol in editor help to add a symbol to description field, if the cursor moved to just after it, so you can click on symbol and carry on typing, rather than clicking on symbol, clicking after symbol code in description, and then carry on typing. Thanks for consideration.

Edited by Darzil

18 hours ago, Darzil said:

When using data editor, and trying to add a career skill to a talent, it doesn't seem to stick.

I have noticed that all user talents seem to get a choose career skills section, even if not picked, which could be related.

Editing it manually into data file works.

Edit - Also, if looking at data editor, would be handy if when you click on a symbol in editor help to add a symbol to description field, if the cursor moved to just after it, so you can click on symbol and carry on typing, rather than clicking on symbol, clicking after symbol code in description, and then carry on typing. Thanks for consideration.

Just typ open bracket letter cobo close bracket and keep typing. no need to click on anything.

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Just typ open bracket letter cobo close bracket and keep typing. no need to click on anything.

Yes, but I find square bracket shift d shift I close square bracket  square bracket square bracket shift d shift I close square bracket shift d shift I close square bracket takes a lot longer than move mouse triple click.

So I hadn't opened OggDude's in a while (my groups were on break) and now I come back to 2.2.1.1 and discover that SWCharGen.exe is missing from the app folder. Anything I can do about that? (Short of uninstall/reinstall I mean). I'm on the Web Install version and it doesn't seem to recognize that anything is missing.

Edited by Xcaliber

Currently having issues running any of the .exe's. I'll double click them, and they will immediately crash before showing anything on the screen. I've tried running in various compatibility modes, as administrator, deleted the appdata folder entirely, moved my custom data somewhere else, redownloaded the program itself, disabled my anti-virus and firewall. Nothing seems to work. This was working about a month ago, but now it just doesn't work.

Here are the links to the .dmp files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofdl9xj8xlg5zvr/SWCharGen.exe.8884.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvoebmtm9tkj1ek/SWCharGen.exe.13028.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p92zy2zybgxl0uq/SWCharGenDataEditor.exe.10588.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95i2imh4s4bkvro/SWCharGenGMTools.exe.1680.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbef68jl4dc1fsf/SWCharGenLauncher.exe.5996.dmp?dl=0

Also attached the .wer files.

AppCrash_SWCharGen.exe_5875cdb26f12ce87df9b54aa2a1dcfec3adbd_714647ea_1494533b.wer

AppCrash_SWCharGenDataEdi_495a601d2df5ac30d0e7e87b317e920222e6ae1_0834fea2_1a9b3a98.wer

AppCrash_SWCharGenGMTools_d351e52868e2d24e24e7c6e52c67a5da0e74ea4_7d04a71a_33373613.wer

AppCrash_SWCharGenLaunche_b86eac5fb5a93510a09ea34b19963c3e2e20ea_5ac4d27a_33f71750.wer

Hi,

I've just installed a repulsor fist to my character’s existing cybernetic arm but this app won’t let me select “show” on the weapons list (even after unequipping all other weapons) all I can find in the FAQ is about there being a limit to how many are equipped but this should automatically be equipped as its part of the arm. Any ideas?

I apologize if this was covered earlier but was not able to find it in searches.

I was trying to add the new Universal Specializations from Dawn of Rebellion into the Data Editor.  I first added the new talents, then created the new specialization and marked it as Universal.

When I save it and go into the Character Generator section, it does not show up.  I do see it in the SWCharGen\Data\DataCustom\Specializations folder but it does not show up for any new or modified character to be used. Is there something I need to do to have the system refresh its data from the folders?   I tried using the Clear Cache and restarting the program but it still did not show up.

EDIT: I figured it out

Instead of deleting this post, I am editing it with the solution in case someone else has the same issue.  I had to enable both User Data and the new Dawn of Rebellion sources in OPTIONS. Once I did that, I saw everything I added.

Edited by Varlie

10 hours ago, Gadgetgav said:

Hi,

I've just installed a repulsor fist to my character’s existing cybernetic arm but this app won’t let me select “show” on the weapons list (even after unequipping all other weapons) all I can find in the FAQ is about there being a limit to how many are equipped but this should automatically be equipped as its part of the arm. Any ideas?

You can't 'show' Unarmed Combat, either, I don't believe - I believe that since it's considered 'innate', it might count as shown by default.

1 hour ago, Ni Fang said:

Yeah, unarmed combat is autmatically shown I believe. so I think as repuslar fist would count as unarmed combat

I thought that too but you can turn off unarmed combat and even with it turned on Repulsor Fist doesn’t show on the actual character sheet that is printed, nor does it change the stats for unarmed combat to incr are damage etc.

I am sure this has been asked a bunch of times before, but I can't seem to find an answer:  how does one modify the stats for a ship.  For instance, if I want to increase the speed of a ship or decrease its system strain threshold, how does one do that?  Do I basically have to create the ship with the modified stats from scratch using XML?