OggDude

Another Character Generator

3 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

For the basic Pride and Joy, I just copied Signature Vehicle. When I went into the Talents.xml file, I was able to see the silhouette of 3 for Pride and Joy, and changed it to 4, then edited the mod description. Although, I agree that, for Improved and Supreme, I'm going to wait for OggDude as far as linking the bonuses goes, so I'm just entering in the new talents. I figure the odds of needing to have them linked until then are probably around 3720:1.

Never tell me the odds

I'm totally unable to print right now.  When I click on the print button, the entire application just hangs.  Running the latest version (2.2.1.1), and it seems to happen with all of the characters I try to print - not just one.  Any suggestions?  It's worked for me in the past, and I tried it on two different PCs.  The app data is, however, synced between them, so I'm guessing there's something corrupt in there...

30 minutes ago, Raptor2213 said:

I'm totally unable to print right now.  When I click on the print button, the entire application just hangs.  Running the latest version (2.2.1.1), and it seems to happen with all of the characters I try to print - not just one.  Any suggestions?  It's worked for me in the past, and I tried it on two different PCs.  The app data is, however, synced between them, so I'm guessing there's something corrupt in there...

Finally got it to work by blowing away the cache and trying again.

@OggDude

I'm a moderator over at the swrpg discord server, and we are all big fans and appreciate your hard work. We'd like to extend an invite to you. 

We are trying to provide a meeting place for the swrpg community. Like here, people can ask and discuss, but also meet and organize, pbp and live over voice games.

https://discord.gg/T4adP2

On 2/23/2018 at 11:39 AM, Dafydd said:

Is the weapon equiped? Not just carried, equiped? I don't have access to the rulebooks right now, but looking at the pdf of the Heavy talent tree, it specifies that Burly reduces the Cumbersome and Encumberance of a wielded weapon by 1 per rank.

Its the same regardless of whether its carried or wielded. When I select the entry in the weapon list, the description shows 6 encumbrance, but once it gets added to my owned weapons list, the description changes to  4 encumbrance, and the total encumbrance rating shows 8/7 either way.

Who thinks that the MCW is given the draw back for the sadistic gms who would purposely give the players access to it just to wait for a situation to use it to injure the group while in close quarters.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, TheShard said:

@OggDude

I'm a moderator over at the swrpg discord server, and we are all big fans and appreciate your hard work. We'd like to extend an invite to you. 

We are trying to provide a meeting place for the swrpg community. Like here, people can ask and discuss, but also meet and organize, pbp and live over voice games.

https://discord.gg/T4adP2

can I get a link what is fresh to join the discord channel?

OK, I have run into a problem.

I've entered in most of the Universal Specs from Dawn of Rebellion (Saving Ship Captain for the official OggDude Patch), and I've marked them as Universal Specializations, but when I go to add them to a character, they are not there. Even if I select 'All Specializations', I do not see them.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? They're showing up just fine on the GM Tools.

EDIT: OK, I found the problem - DoR wasn't checked in the Source List for the CharGen

Edited by Takeshi Yamato
Found the problem

14 minutes ago, SacredRebirth said:

ok, sooo, I can't find how to add a die or a symbol into the descriptions that I'm filling out. Is there a way?

Look on the right side of the data editor. There is a key.

Hey Oggy!  I have a request for a feature to consider in the future, if you don't mind.  I, and I'm sure many other GMs out there, use a minor house-rule where increases to Brawn and Willpower through Dedication also increases wound threshold and strain threshold.  Would it be too much of an imposition to request a toggle to add something like this?

33 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Hey Oggy!  I have a request for a feature to consider in the future, if you don't mind.  I, and I'm sure many other GMs out there, use a minor house-rule where increases to Brawn and Willpower through Dedication also increases wound threshold and strain threshold.  Would it be too much of an imposition to request a toggle to add something like this?

Look under GM grants

16 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Not so much nowadays, unfortunately :( .

They keep changing when they're going to release things in response to your perfectly accurate predictions in an effort to discredit you why they search for the non existent bug in their office which they are sure is there because your predictions are perfectly accurate and all their employees left passed the lie detector test about not being your mole. I'm sure of it (the bothan i hired to laser microphone their the windows to get the inside scoop on fully operational said that FFG added the mechanical window vibrator counter measures, these guys are absolutely paranoid about enforcing their NDAs) :D

Edited by EliasWindrider

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

They keep changing when they're going to release things in response to your perfectly accurate predictions in an effort to discredit you why they search for the non existent bug in their office which they are sure is there because your predictions are perfectly accurate and all their employees left passed the lie detector test about not being your mole. I'm sure of it (the bothan i hired to laser microphone their the windows to get the inside scoop on fully operational said that FFG added the mechanical window vibrator counter measures, these guys are absolutely paranoid about enforcing their NDAs) :D

And here I thought it was becuase Ghost is now out of impound......

Instead of Listening in the Bothan should of tried to ensure it was the next book released except I bet it wont be released till after the Warrior book is shipped out to stores after watching the pattern.