OggDude

Another Character Generator

4 hours ago, Cruelfi said:

For anybody who might be able to help.

Is it possible to use the "GM Grant" funktion to give at character the skill "Uncanny Senses" with its benefits, without activating the "Force Sensitive Exile Talent Tree"?

When I mark "Uncanny Senses" under the "GM Grant" menu without the talent tree, it does not seem to affect Perception.

Hope I am understandable and somebody might be able help. In advance, thank you.

I believe Uncanny Senses is coded so that if the character doesn't have a Force Rating, the talent's effects won't apply.  It's part and parcel of how all Force talents in the game work.

If you want the talent's effects without the PC having a Force Rating, you'll probably need to create a separate version that doesn't require Force Rating, and apply it via GM Grant that way.

Is there any ETA on an update to fix the Burly issue? For those that don't know, ranks in the talent Burly should be subtracting 1 encumbrance from your weapons per rank in the talent. That's not being displayed on the character sheet, though.

For instance, I have a character with an encumbrance threshold of 7, but carrying a 4 encumbrance weapon and wearing 4 encumbrance armour. With 1 rank in Burly, I should be at 7/7 (and now with 2 ranks, after acquiring some xp, down to 6/7), but the character sheet is still displaying 8/7, and the accompanying penalty.

4 hours ago, biggreen10 said:

Is the character you are granting the talent already Force sensitive? Uncanny Senses is a Force sensitive talent.

He is not force sensitive. 

Gah...I am suddenly getting this error when I try to start the character generator. Anyone else have a similar issue? I am loathe to reinstall because I've recently added a fair bit of new data and characters, and I can't back them up without the application itself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.16299.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    clr.dll             : 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    dfdll.dll             : 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.16299.15 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/aldar/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/OggDude's%20Star%20Wars%20RPG%20Suite/Star%20Wars%20Character%20Generator%20and%20GM%20Tools.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\aldar\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OggDude's Star Wars RPG Suite\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Exception reading manifest from https://filedn.com/lztHAyW36l7XJX76OLMTm4R/SWCharGen/Deploy/SWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        + DTD is prohibited in this XML document.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [18/02/2018 1:03:10 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\aldar\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OggDude's Star Wars RPG Suite\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| has started.
    * [18/02/2018 1:03:11 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [18/02/2018 1:03:12 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
        - Exception reading manifest from https://filedn.com/lztHAyW36l7XJX76OLMTm4R/SWCharGen/Deploy/SWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Xml.XmlException
        - DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
        - Source: System.Xml
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
            at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Edited by Daronil

6 minutes ago, Daronil said:

Gah...I am suddenly getting this error when I try to start the character generator. Anyone else have a similar issue? I am loathe to reinstall because I've recently added a fair bit of new data and characters, and I can't back them up without the application itself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reveal hidden contents

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.16299.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    clr.dll             : 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    dfdll.dll             : 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.16299.15 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/aldar/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/OggDude's%20Star%20Wars%20RPG%20Suite/Star%20Wars%20Character%20Generator%20and%20GM%20Tools.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\aldar\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OggDude's Star Wars RPG Suite\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Exception reading manifest from https://filedn.com/lztHAyW36l7XJX76OLMTm4R/SWCharGen/Deploy/SWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        + DTD is prohibited in this XML document.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [18/02/2018 1:03:10 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\aldar\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OggDude's Star Wars RPG Suite\Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools.appref-ms| has started.
    * [18/02/2018 1:03:11 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [18/02/2018 1:03:12 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
        - Exception reading manifest from https://filedn.com/lztHAyW36l7XJX76OLMTm4R/SWCharGen/Deploy/SWCharGenLauncher.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Xml.XmlException
        - DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
        - Source: System.Xml
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
            at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
            at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\SWCharGen ... That's were the Tool stores my edited data. ;)

(Ver 2.2.1.1 Webinstal)

31 minutes ago, Rememberry said:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\SWCharGen ... That's were the Tool stores my edited data. ;)

(Ver 2.2.1.1 Webinstal)

Appreciated, Rememberry. Unfortunately, I have so many gorram backups (not in my AppData/Roaming folder) that I can't figure out which is the most recent. I have older stuff (as in, from a few months ago), but I was working on some stuff just this week gone and I can't find it. Not a huge problem, really, but even trying to get onto OggDude's site to run the webinstall is giving me problems. The site seems to be coming up as non-secure. Considering the error message I'm getting in SWCharGen is telling me it can't access an online file, I'm wondering if that's the cause of the problem...

47 minutes ago, Daronil said:

Appreciated, Rememberry. Unfortunately, I have so many gorram backups (not in my AppData/Roaming folder) that I can't figure out which is the most recent. I have older stuff (as in, from a few months ago), but I was working on some stuff just this week gone and I can't find it. Not a huge problem, really, but even trying to get onto OggDude's site to run the webinstall is giving me problems. The site seems to be coming up as non-secure. Considering the error message I'm getting in SWCharGen is telling me it can't access an online file, I'm wondering if that's the cause of the problem...

Aha! It looks like he's hit his bandwidth cap again.

Just gonna copy/paste coyote6's instructions below.

If you search your Windows installation drive for SWCharGenLauncher.exe, you can find that executable and create a shortcut that leads directly to it. Running it directly bypasses the web install update check, and lets the program run without that error. On my PCs, it's been in C:\Users\[Windows user ID]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\[a bunch of letters and numbers]\[more letters & numbers]\swch..tion_[more numbers, more letters]\ - the letters & numbers seem to vary.

But don't delete whatever icon you're using to start it now. Eventually, when the bandwidth restrictions have eased and a new version comes out, you'll want to run the program with the update check, so you can get the new version.

13 minutes ago, krystal2 said:

I can't get the latest version.  It says the file has exceeded the download limit

You'll have to be patient and wait until the rolling bandwidth usage drops below his cap and allows it to be downloaded again. It's an unfortunate reality of the host OggDude is using.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, Kabal said:

Is there any ETA on an update to fix the Burly issue? For those that don't know, ranks in the talent Burly should be subtracting 1 encumbrance from your weapons per rank in the talent. That's not being displayed on the character sheet, though.

For instance, I have a character with an encumbrance threshold of 7, but carrying a 4 encumbrance weapon and wearing 4 encumbrance armour. With 1 rank in Burly, I should be at 7/7 (and now with 2 ranks, after acquiring some xp, down to 6/7), but the character sheet is still displaying 8/7, and the accompanying penalty.

I just tested it and it works fine. Actually, it works better than it should. You are equipping the items, right?

A 4 encumbrance armor should show as encumbrance 1 when it is equipped. So, even if Burly wasn't working correctly a 4 encumbrance weapon and 4 encumbrance armor would show as 5/7. But, it is working correctly.

In my test it was showing those two items as 4/7. It actually shows the rifle as only being an encumbrance 3 instead of 4. Adding a second rank of Burly immediately reduced the rifle's encumbrance to 2, and reduced the overall encumbrance to 3/7.

@ Oggdude:

The wording of the Burly talent seems to indicate the it should only affect the equipped weapons. Currently, it affects every weapon in inventory that has an encumbrance greater than 1.

Edited by Dakkar98

1 hour ago, Dakkar98 said:

I just tested it and it works fine. Actually, it works better than it should. You are equipping the items, right?

A 4 encumbrance armor should show as encumbrance 1 when it is equipped. So, even if Burly wasn't working correctly a 4 encumbrance weapon and 4 encumbrance armor would show as 5/7. But, it is working correctly.

In my test it was showing those two items as 4/7. It actually shows the rifle as only being an encumbrance 3 instead of 4. Adding a second rank of Burly immediately reduced the rifle's encumbrance to 2, and reduced the overall encumbrance to 3/7.

I think I may have figured out the issue. The problem is that I'm actually not carrying a 4 encumbrance weapon, and a 4 encumbrance set of armour. I'm carrying a 6 encumbrance weapon (the heavy blaster rifle), and a 7 encumbrance set of armour (the P-14 Enviro Suit). While worn, the enviro suit is displaying 4 encumbrance, but when I take it off, my encumbrance shoots up to 11/7. The weapon is being displayed as 4 encumbrance regardless of whether I carry it or not (I'm sure thanks to the Burly talent).

Request: Is there any way to have the book options section be more of a tree?  So that the books are listed by game type?  Perhaps with a master button to select all books from that line? One game I'm in only allows AoR sources, so every time I switch between characters I have to change the allowed books but I don't have them memorized so I have to look it up every time.

Possible bug: Using 2.2.1.1 I manually selected AoR sources only but noticed that the Heavy was not available.  I poked around the data editor and if I understand it correctly, it's only listed under Dangerous Covenants and not under Forged in Battle.

Question: Is 2.2.1.1 still the most current?

4 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

Request: Is there any way to have the book options section be more of a tree?  So that the books are listed by game type?  Perhaps with a master button to select all books from that line? One game I'm in only allows AoR sources, so every time I switch between characters I have to change the allowed books but I don't have them memorized so I have to look it up every time.

Possible bug: Using 2.2.1.1 I manually selected AoR sources only but noticed that the Heavy was not available.  I poked around the data editor and if I understand it correctly, it's only listed under Dangerous Covenants and not under Forged in Battle.

Question: Is 2.2.1.1 still the most current?

As of now, Yes

On 18/02/2018 at 8:27 AM, Kabal said:

I think I may have figured out the issue. The problem is that I'm actually not carrying a 4 encumbrance weapon, and a 4 encumbrance set of armour. I'm carrying a 6 encumbrance weapon (the heavy blaster rifle), and a 7 encumbrance set of armour (the P-14 Enviro Suit). While worn, the enviro suit is displaying 4 encumbrance, but when I take it off, my encumbrance shoots up to 11/7. The weapon is being displayed as 4 encumbrance regardless of whether I carry it or not (I'm sure thanks to the Burly talent).

Is the weapon equiped? Not just carried, equiped? I don't have access to the rulebooks right now, but looking at the pdf of the Heavy talent tree, it specifies that Burly reduces the Cumbersome and Encumberance of a wielded weapon by 1 per rank.

OK - working on entering Spec and Talent data into the generator from the new Dawn of Rebellion book. I'm at Ship Captain, but I think I might wait for OggDude to get his official update out for that one. The reason? Pride and Joy.

AFAICT, Pride and Joy works similarly to the Modder and Rigger's Signature Vehicle, with different bonuses, and Improved and Supreme simply add to that. I would need to code that in directly instead of using the Data Editor UI, and I don't trust myself to know just how to work that. So, I'm gonna wait on OggDude to do Ship Captain - I've got the other five Universal Specs, so I can experiment with those while I wait.

Edited by Takeshi Yamato

27 minutes ago, ianinak said:

One minor suggestion for Oggdude would be to put the current version number in his signature and or on the front page of this thread.  Thanks for all the hard work!

It's right there on his "About Me" page where the links to the software are.

11 hours ago, Takeshi Yamato said:

OK - working on entering Spec and Talent data into the generator from the new Dawn of Rebellion book. I'm at Ship Captain, but I think I might wait for OggDude to get his official update out for that one. The reason? Pride and Joy.

AFAICT, Pride and Joy works similarly to the Modder and Rigger's Signature Vehicle, with different bonuses, and Improved and Supreme simply add to that. I would need to code that in directly instead of using the Data Editor UI, and I don't trust myself to know just how to work that. So, I'm gonna wait on OggDude to do Ship Captain - I've got the other five Universal Specs, so I can experiment with those while I wait.

For the basic Pride and Joy, I just copied Signature Vehicle. When I went into the Talents.xml file, I was able to see the silhouette of 3 for Pride and Joy, and changed it to 4, then edited the mod description. Although, I agree that, for Improved and Supreme, I'm going to wait for OggDude as far as linking the bonuses goes, so I'm just entering in the new talents. I figure the odds of needing to have them linked until then are probably around 3720:1.

Edited by Nytwyng

11 hours ago, Takeshi Yamato said:

email him what you have done. If you continue and send him the data it will be done faster.