Jump to content
OggDude

Another Character Generator

Recommended Posts

Font sizing issue:

I've searched around a bit to find an answer on font sizing with the character generator, but haven't been able to solve this one.  I am sure it is simple, but my lack of html programming knowledge is hindering me.  I am trying to input the information for the talent descriptions, and would like to retain the reference where the information is taken from.  For instance, I am inputting the info for Utinni!.  I get the description in, then I want to keep the portion that says "Please see page 145 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook for details."  I initially had used the [S1] marker before the text to make it nice and small, but keep it there should I really need it.  I later found out that when I make an adversary, those [S1] markers stack and change text that follows on their stat sheet.  So, by the time an adversary displayed their final bit of information at the bottom, it was microscopic.  I thought, no problem, I will go back and use html to set the font size in the talent description and get rid of [S1].  So, using the <> markings, I put in font size="3" with the closing /font or whatever size I liked, and I would be able to change it.  But, it seems that this has no affect on the font size.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by Kzloy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kzloy said:

Font sizing issue:

I've searched around a bit to find an answer on font sizing with the character generator, but haven't been able to solve this one.  I am sure it is simple, but my lack of html programming knowledge is hindering me.  I am trying to input the information for the talent descriptions, and would like to retain the reference where the information is taken from.  For instance, I am inputting the info for Utinni!.  I get the description in, then I want to keep the portion that says "Please see page 145 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook for details."  I initially had used the [S1] marker before the text to make it nice and small, but keep it there should I really need it.  I later found out that when I make an adversary, those [S1] markers stack and change text that follows on their stat sheet.  So, by the time an adversary displayed their final bit of information at the bottom, it was microscopic.  I thought, no problem, I will go back and use html to set the font size in the talent description and get rid of [S1].  So, using the <> markings, I put in font size="3" with the closing /font or whatever size I liked, and I would be able to change it.  But, it seems that this has no affect on the font size.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

[S1] is the start tag, while [s1] is the end tag.  Make sure you put your text between the start and end tags.

And in case you're wondering...

body.Size1
{
   margin: 0px; 
   padding:0px;
   background-color : #ffffff;
   font-size : 6pt;
}

.Size1 img
{
   width: 8pt;
   height: 8pt;
   vertical-align: text-top;
   margin-top: 0pt;
   margin-left: 0pt;
   margin-right: 0pt;
   margin-bottom: 0pt;
}

[S1] will also scale symbol tags correctly, as well as set the font size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OggDude said:

[S1] is the start tag, while [s1] is the end tag.  Make sure you put your text between the start and end tags.

And in case you're wondering...

body.Size1
{
   margin: 0px; 
   padding:0px;
   background-color : #ffffff;
   font-size : 6pt;
}

.Size1 img
{
   width: 8pt;
   height: 8pt;
   vertical-align: text-top;
   margin-top: 0pt;
   margin-left: 0pt;
   margin-right: 0pt;
   margin-bottom: 0pt;
}

[S1] will also scale symbol tags correctly, as well as set the font size.

Well, that just makes perfect sense. I really should have figured that out, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparent BUGG report:  When applying the IRON BODY talent the character generator applies the critical injury advantage cost to all weapons, not just unarmed strikes.

If I am in error or this has already been reported please forgive me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I’ve been using your Excel character sheet for about a year now but have started getting talents etc. That aren’t on there so I have now downloaded and installed this latest version.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn’t see it.

I have 2 talent trees with the same non-ranged talent on them so my understanding was that if I spent XP on that talent on 1 tree it is automatically earned on the other?

I have just put in my character stats etc. to this new file and it hasn’t applied that rule so I can’t get to all of the talents linked to that talent on the other tree.

 

Hope that made sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gadgetgav said:

Hi,

I’ve been using your Excel character sheet for about a year now but have started getting talents etc. That aren’t on there so I have now downloaded and installed this latest version.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn’t see it.

I have 2 talent trees with the same non-ranged talent on them so my understanding was that if I spent XP on that talent on 1 tree it is automatically earned on the other?

I have just put in my character stats etc. to this new file and it hasn’t applied that rule so I can’t get to all of the talents linked to that talent on the other tree.

 

Hope that made sense?

Which talent and talent tree does is this about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eliofsweden said:

Which talent and talent tree does is this about?

 

I have Colonist: Doctor & Soldier: Medic both of which have the “Anatomy Lessons” talent. I’ve spent XP to get to it from the top down (as usual) on the Doctor tree but it was my understanding that I would then automatically get it on the Medic tree (due to it not being ranked) and could then go up/across from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is only automatically learned once you have the pre-requsites, so when you buy things to get to it, it should appear as automatically earned without spending further xp. You don't get to start with it learned with nothing else bought (unless it is a 5 xp talent).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Theeoddname said:

Apparent BUGG report:  When applying the IRON BODY talent the character generator applies the critical injury advantage cost to all weapons, not just unarmed strikes.

If I am in error or this has already been reported please forgive me.

There was, in fact, a bug when calculating whether or not a talent item change should be applied to an item, specifically when the "UnarmedOnly" flag was set.  This has been fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gadgetgav said:

Hi,

I’ve been using your Excel character sheet for about a year now but have started getting talents etc. That aren’t on there so I have now downloaded and installed this latest version.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn’t see it.

I have 2 talent trees with the same non-ranged talent on them so my understanding was that if I spent XP on that talent on 1 tree it is automatically earned on the other?

I have just put in my character stats etc. to this new file and it hasn’t applied that rule so I can’t get to all of the talents linked to that talent on the other tree.

 

Hope that made sense?

First, it's not an Excel spreadsheet, but a full-blown app (multiple apps, actually) :)  Also, this applies to non-ranked talents.

I tried this and it works fine.  Basically, choose Anatomy Lessons from the first tree.  In the second tree, select talents until Anatomy Lessons becomes available.  When this happens, Anatomy Lessons will automatically become selected without you having to select it.  It will cost no extra XP, and you can't deselect it unless you deselect the talents leading up to it.

In other words, you don't just automatically get the talent when it shows up in another tree.  You have to purchase talents up to it so that it can be selected.  When this happens, selection is automatic with no XP cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OggDude said:

There was, in fact, a bug when calculating whether or not a talent item change should be applied to an item, specifically when the "UnarmedOnly" flag was set.  This has been fixed.

My apologies but I’ve got the 2.2.1.1 release and this issue is affecting the force pike, blaster rifle, and hold out blaster pistol. Should I have a different version or is there a data update that I need to make somewhere?  

Im a bit confused as I did see the version history long ago add the UnarmedOnly flag but I cannot find this in any weapons in the data xml files. 

Am I missing something? Should I provide screenshots?

Please advise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Theeoddname said:

My apologies but I’ve got the 2.2.1.1 release and this issue is affecting the force pike, blaster rifle, and hold out blaster pistol. Should I have a different version or is there a data update that I need to make somewhere?  

Im a bit confused as I did see the version history long ago add the UnarmedOnly flag but I cannot find this in any weapons in the data xml files. 

Am I missing something? Should I provide screenshots?

Please advise. 

 

Next version.  There is a way of sort of fixing it now, but unfortunately, the talent editor doesn't have a way of editing item changes.  In fact, I'm going to have to redesign the form eventually because it's already too jam packed with options.

If you're comfortable in XML, you can try removing the current ItemChange  element from Iron Body (Talents.xml):

      <ItemChange>
        <UnarmedOnly>true</UnarmedOnly>
        <CritChange>-1</CritChange>
      </ItemChange>
 

And use this one instead:

      <ItemChange>
        <SkillKeys>
          <Key>BRAWL</Key>
        </SkillKeys>
        <CritChange>-1</CritChange>
      </ItemChange>
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, OggDude said:

First, it's not an Excel spreadsheet, but a full-blown app (multiple apps, actually) :)  Also, this applies to non-ranked talents.

I tried this and it works fine.  Basically, choose Anatomy Lessons from the first tree.  In the second tree, select talents until Anatomy Lessons becomes available.  When this happens, Anatomy Lessons will automatically become selected without you having to select it.  It will cost no extra XP, and you can't deselect it unless you deselect the talents leading up to it.

In other words, you don't just automatically get the talent when it shows up in another tree.  You have to purchase talents up to it so that it can be selected.  When this happens, selection is automatic with no XP cost.

How about an advanced mode for this, Oggy :P ?

I'm making a character (a Mystic, because it's me :) ), who has obtained both Sense Emotions and Sense Advantage from the Force-Sensitive Exile and the Seer, respectively.  When I start advancing down the right-hand side of the Advisor, once I take the Plausible Deniability, Sense Emotions auto-checks, but Sense Advantage does not.  It appears the non-ranked auto-mark doesn't cascade down multiple non-ranked talents.

Now, in this case it doesn't make much difference (unless you're OCD like me and your brain needs it to be right), as there's no other link to that bottom Sense Advantage.  But I'm certain there are other situations where cascading is possible and where it would matter.  Something small, but maybe worth looking into?

Edited by Absol197

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.11.2017 at 9:19 PM, Rememberry said:

@OggDude First: THANKS for this great Tool and for still further improving it! (Eventhough, I m only using the Chargen, yet...)

Unfortunately I have to report the following inconsistency in the localization of the skills-list

 

There are still the english ability-initials (Ag, Br, Cun, etc.) shown after the skill's name. 

...

 

On 14.11.2017 at 2:55 AM, OggDude said:

The translations are there, it's just using the abbreviations from the data file.  To use the names and abbreviations from the translation file (along with a few other things), check the box when you select the language:

GermanLanguageChoose.png

...

 

On 14.11.2017 at 0:20 PM, Rememberry said:

@OggDude Well, the checkbox changes nothing for me. I also tried it in english and french, with checked and unchecked box ... Everything changed, except the ability's abbreviations in the chargen's skills-list. :(

 

Also, you might perhaps add a hint that even the launcher has to be restarted to let the translation take effect in the CharGen too. -It's confusing since the launcher itself changes the language instantly.

 

On 18.11.2017 at 9:35 PM, Rememberry said:

Its not a big thing, but:

Is someone else experiencing the same problems?

 

Normaly I would look in the settings file first. To see if checking the box reaches this. But I dont know what the checkbox is named in the settings and in which file it finds its entry...

Im sorry for multiposting. But it seems that my issue has lost it's fokus due to the download-cap-trouble...

Thx in advance!

Edited by Rememberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OggDude said:

Next version.  There is a way of sort of fixing it now, but unfortunately, the talent editor doesn't have a way of editing item changes.  In fact, I'm going to have to redesign the form eventually because it's already too jam packed with options.

If you're comfortable in XML, you can try removing the current ItemChange  element from Iron Body (Talents.xml):

      <ItemChange>
        <UnarmedOnly>true</UnarmedOnly>
        <CritChange>-1</CritChange>
      </ItemChange>
 

And use this one instead:

      <ItemChange>
        <SkillKeys>
          <Key>BRAWL</Key>
        </SkillKeys>
        <CritChange>-1</CritChange>
      </ItemChange>
 

Okay then =) wasn't me just missing something.  Thanks for the info and I'll see about giving it a work around. 

by chance, where might I find the "unarmed" weapon which is used as default on the character items sheet?  I've not been able to locate that and thought perhaps there's a work around via that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Theeoddname said:

Okay then =) wasn't me just missing something.  Thanks for the info and I'll see about giving it a work around. 

by chance, where might I find the "unarmed" weapon which is used as default on the character items sheet?  I've not been able to locate that and thought perhaps there's a work around via that.

It's created on-the-fly for each character based on the species and other stuff.  It's not an actual piece of equipment and isn't saved with your character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be surprised if you can't download the app today.  For some weird reason, I'm seeing over 1500 downloads of the ZIP file for today.  I'm suspicious because I normally get about 200 downloads of it a day.  The three days a couple of weeks ago when bandwidth was last exceeded was due to getting 400+ for each of those days.

Anyway... I'd rather not up my plan for a couple of anomalous spikes, and, of course, I have no idea why 1500 manual installs were suddenly downloaded today.  Just thought I'd warn everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OggDude said:

Don't be surprised if you can't download the app today.  For some weird reason, I'm seeing over 1500 downloads of the ZIP file for today.  I'm suspicious because I normally get about 200 downloads of it a day.  The three days a couple of weeks ago when bandwidth was last exceeded was due to getting 400+ for each of those days.

Anyway... I'd rather not up my plan for a couple of anomalous spikes, and, of course, I have no idea why 1500 manual installs were suddenly downloaded today.  Just thought I'd warn everyone.

Genesys.

Probably a bunch of people looking at repurposing it for the new game that hit today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, OggDude said:

It's created on-the-fly for each character based on the species and other stuff.  It's not an actual piece of equipment and isn't saved with your character.

thanks for the confirmation; I was thinking that to be the case.  Very much appreciate your assistance and the tool: our group loves the features!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had been happily using your app for the last week when my system virus scanner quarantined the character generator (not the GM tools or editor). I am tempted to go into the Symantec virus interface and "restore" the file, but just wanted to know if there's a possibility a virus may have attached to the download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...