OggDude

Another Character Generator

Any chance we could get a quick mirror upload of the manual install? Maybe to mediafire or something? I'm supposed to make a character this morning and can't find a backup download anywhere :(

If you have the web version you can still use it.... search for SWCharGenLauncher.exe on your computers main drive and running it from this will launch the program without checking for updates.

Hope that helps people

Aluthin

On 13.11.2017 at 9:19 PM, Rememberry said:

@OggDude 

Unfortunately I have to report the following inconsistency in the localization of the skills-list

There are still the english ability-initials (Ag, Br, Cun, etc.) shown after the skill's name. 

On 14.11.2017 at 2:55 AM, OggDude said:

The translations are there, it's just using the abbreviations from the data file.  To use the names and abbreviations from the translation file (along with a few other things), check the box when you select the language:

GermanLanguageChoose.png

On 14.11.2017 at 0:20 PM, Rememberry said:

@OggDude Well, the checkbox changes nothing for me. I also tried it in english and french, with checked and unchecked box ... Everything changed, except the ability's abbreviations in the chargen's skills-list. :(

Its not a big thing, but:

Is someone else experiencing the same problems?

Normaly I would look in the settings file first. To see if checking the box reaches this. But I dont know what the checkbox is named in the settings and in which file it finds its entry...

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

All you have to do is disconnect from the net. It is failing the check for new version. give it no net access and it starts fine. 

It works for most, but not all. Still doesn't launch that way on either of my computers, but at least doesn't error out.

Edited by Nytwyng

5 hours ago, Aluthin77 said:

If you have the web version you can still use it.... search for SWCharGenLauncher.exe on your computers main drive and running it from this will launch the program without checking for updates.

Hope that helps people

Aluthin

That one did the trick for me. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Glad to help.

Now if only my own suggestion would work for me. :lol:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have a game tomorrow and I need to print a new character sheet for my wife's character. :(

8 hours ago, Aluthin77 said:

Hope that helps people

Aluthin

3 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

That one did the trick for me. Thanks!

Thank You Guys!

You saved tomorrows game!

12 minutes ago, Dakkar98 said:

Thank You Guys!

You saved tomorrows game!

My wife, son, and I limped through today's game with copies exported from an older version on my Windows tablet. But, now that I've gotten back in, everything is being updated appropriately.

16 minutes ago, TheMOELANDER said:

Well how can I get the update for my non-web install version. I've been away for some time. I can't download the file now

:(

Patience you must have.

Until OggDude can arrange for more data bandwidth or his next download cycle begins, you can't get to it. (Unless someone else has it downloaded and is kind enough to share.)

I took a look at pCloud's site.  Somebody please double-check, but it looks like they are currently having a sale, and (assuming no discount for upgrading) it would cost $250 for a 99-year account with a 2TB/month download limit.  judging by the thread length I'm sure there's more than enough of us to cover the cost with a $5 donation each.

Of course, the PayPal link is in the program, and I can't get it to launch. :(

Edited by Pyremius

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, Aluthin77 said:

Hope that helps people

Aluthin

That really helped me out going to spread it to all my friends who use the generator and may not of had time to check the forums.

Edited by kiranar
spell check

6 hours ago, TheMongoose said:

Suddenly my lunatic "run the program out of a Dropbox folder shared onto a non-Internet-connected virtual machine through Parallels on my MacBook" plan doesn't look so crazy... :blink:

It still does, the non-web version runs fine, because it doesn't check for updates :P

12 hours ago, TheMOELANDER said:

My problem is, that I was away for some time and now my version is horribly outdated. Does somebody have the current version as a zip and would be willing to share?

The version I have as a zip is from June this year, if that helps at all?

10 hours ago, Kzloy said:

I have a pretty current version I just downloaded recently, last week I think.  This is not the web version.  Here it is in a google doc .zip:

https://goo.gl/HBkdhr

Enjoy.

Thanks! Yours is Release 2.2.1.1 (the most current)

It also seems that OggDude's hosting service is allowing downloads again.