OggDude

Another Character Generator

7 hours ago, bsycamore said:

Hi, Am getting the following when trying to create a new Report in the GM Tools. Am on Latest version of tools , Win 10.

Use spoiler tags and really Ogg only needs the very first couple entries.

6 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Use spoiler tags and really Ogg only needs the very first couple entries.

Also, tell me the type of report you're trying to make, which "step" it's occurring on, and your filter string.

4 hours ago, bsycamore said:

It happens as soon as I click new.

Yikes, it sure does.  It's been fixed and will be part of the next bug fix release.  If anyone has anything else, please let me know in the next day or two.  I don't like keeping crash bugs around...

• According to dev ruling, the Engine Boost System attachment now requires 1 HP, not 2.
  • In the Imbue power, the two Duration abilities were slightly different.  They are now separate Force abilities. 
  • In the Ebb/Flow power, the Strength abilities actually did three different things.  They are now separate Force abilities.
  • In the Ebb/Flow power, the final Control ability is in reality, the Mastery ability; it was labeled incorrectly in the book.  It is now labeled correctly in the generator.
  • The Mk. IV Backpack Pouch attachment erroneously contained a scattergun weapon.  This has been removed.
  • Fixed link in Ambassador specialization between Sixth Sense and Dedication.
  • When an unranked talent was granted from GM Grants, and the same talent was available in a specialization tree, it would properly select the talent and not charge XP.  However, when the character was loaded again, XP would, once again, be charged.  This has been fixed.
  • Steelskin armor from "Dangerous Covenants" will now automatically add setback to dice pools of Brawn- and Agility-based skills.  Before, the effect was just mentioned, as this capabilty did not exist in the generator when DC was first supported.
  • Modified categories on DR-45 "Dragoon" blaster to match the blaster's modes (pistol or carbine).
  • In Reports in GM Tools, trying to create a new report would generate an exception.  This has been fixed.

Edited by OggDude

Oggdude,

I don't know if you saw my request, but can you please remove the 'feature' on the app's startup splash screen where it will "stay on top" of all open windows? It makes it hard for someone to use their computer while the app is loading. Not a user-friendly thing to do.

Having the repulsor fist cybernetic (a brawl weapon) equipped doesn't cause defensive training talents to provide melee defense (equipping a light saber does)

Also when "printing" a vehicle with a lot of attachments (usually one that goes onto a second page exhibits this) the first page tends not to get printed.  I've got a hunch that it has something to do with the last attachment on the first page not entirely fitting on the first page (a kind of it doesn't know how to handle splitting it across 2 pages, problem)

Edited by EliasWindrider

I've noticed that random custom vehicles will disappear, despite the xml files being present in the DataCustom folder. For example--

I've added most of the new vehicles from Rogue One and some from Rebels. When trying to modify a cargo container attachment for Rogue One's Zeta cargo shuttle to also work with Rebels' Class Four cargo ship, the Zeta wasn't recognized by the software, causing an error with the attachment. (In retrospect, several other Rogue One ships that I'd added weren't showing up in the Data Editor, either.)  This morning, I went in to re-add the Zeta, and there it was...but now the Class Four is gone.

Hi, just downloaded your character generator. And the program is not running for me. Do I need to download something special in order to run it?

I'm running a windows 7 laptop 64bit, 4g ram, 2.4 core 2 duo processor, 256mg graphics card

Its old but can still handle most simple programs so I'm confused as to why its not working. 

4 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

I've noticed that random custom vehicles will disappear, despite the xml files being present in the DataCustom folder. For example--

I've added most of the new vehicles from Rogue One and some from Rebels. When trying to modify a cargo container attachment for Rogue One's Zeta cargo shuttle to also work with Rebels' Class Four cargo ship, the Zeta wasn't recognized by the software, causing an error with the attachment. (In retrospect, several other Rogue One ships that I'd added weren't showing up in the Data Editor, either.)  This morning, I went in to re-add the Zeta, and there it was...but now the Class Four is gone.

Are you storing the data files in Dropbox or similar? I ran into issues with stuff disappearing previously, and it seemed to happen when I opened the software on two different machines at the same time. 

8 minutes ago, coyote6 said:

Are you storing the data files in Dropbox or similar? I ran into issues with stuff disappearing previously, and it seemed to happen when I opened the software on two different machines at the same time. 

Home network drive, but it's only open on one machine at a time. Odd thing...as a test, I deleted the xml file of the one that's not currently showing up, added it manually, and it was there...until I closed and opened the software again. Then it was gone again. I've not only cleared the cache multiple times, but actually deleted the cache folder once. Even restarted the computer (the time-tested tool of tech support :lol: ). No changes. Odd that (as far as I can see, anyway) it's just a particular ship being impacted, and previously, two or three all listed as being from the same source (which is different than this one).

Edited by Nytwyng

On 10/5/2017 at 4:16 PM, FelixTG said:

Looks like I can set Vicious Quality above 5 on crafting weapons.

You can buy it as often as you like, but it'll only apply a max of 5 to the weapon.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Having the repulsor fist cybernetic (a brawl weapon) equipped doesn't cause defensive training talents to provide melee defense (equipping a light saber does)

Also when "printing" a vehicle with a lot of attachments (usually one that goes onto a second page exhibits this) the first page tends not to get printed.  I've got a hunch that it has something to do with the last attachment on the first page not entirely fitting on the first page (a kind of it doesn't know how to handle splitting it across 2 pages, problem)

I bought the repulsor fist cybernetic, equipped it, went to weapons, and the weapon did have the Defensive quality a number of times equal to my ranks in Defensive Training.

Can you email me the vehicle?

3 hours ago, OggDude said:

I bought the repulsor fist cybernetic, equipped it, went to weapons, and the weapon did have the Defensive quality a number of times equal to my ranks in Defensive Training.

Can you email me the vehicle?

Aggressor assault fighter with all the zero hp attachments the advanced targeting array, and the Droid socket not sure if order matters

5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Aggressor assault fighter with all the zero hp attachments the advanced targeting array, and the Droid socket not sure if order matters

I tried it in various configurations and order and it worked fine.  Attachments successfully split between page 1 and 2.  Are you sure this is happening with the latest version?  I know I had an issue like this in the previous version...

6 hours ago, OggDude said:

I tried it in various configurations and order and it worked fine.  Attachments successfully split between page 1 and 2.  Are you sure this is happening with the latest version?  I know I had an issue like this in the previous version...

I have the version that auto updates, stay connected to the web, and it happened this past week.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I have the version that auto updates, stay connected to the web, and it happened this past week.

If this was installed previously, that version won't update anymore.  You need to uninstall that version and install the latest release.  Old links are no longer valid.

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you provide a link to the new version?

The new link is on the “about” tab of his profile.

To continue with the web install (auto update) version, you’ll need to uninstall the one you currently have, then install. (The old web install version points to the old location.)

Bug Report from the previous version (I haven't downloaded the new version yet).

If you have added the Integrated Holsters attachment to a suit of armor, any weapons you select for it have all of their attachments removed.

Edit: I originally encountered it with custom armor and custom weapons. I just tested it with stock armor and a stock weapon. I thought maybe that the attachments might come back after removing them from the integrated holsters, but they did not.

Also, if the custom weapon had integral attachments these also get removed and they only way to get those back other than to recreate the weapon from scratch.

Edited by Dakkar98

Encountered a strange bug, suddenly shien reverse grip is functioning essentially backwards, adding advantage to all cunning checks except lightsaber and threat to all other checks period.

Capture.PNG

Is it possible to transfer another small vehicle into at spaceship like you can transfer Equipment intp the cargo of your spaceship. For example a Storm IV Cloud Car into a YT-2400 Light Freighter, so the used Encumbrance of the YT-2400 Light Freighter is calculated correct?

Marked-Target Firing Lock is not supposed to be available for weapons with the Blast or Auto-Fire qualities, but I was able to add it to an SE-14r Light Repeating Blaster.

It also displayed in the weapons statistics as [REMTHREAT][REMTHREAT] instead of whatever it should be.

Rapid-Recharge XCiter says it is available for any blaster, but shouldn't it be excluded from weapons that already have autofire?

Rapid-Recharge XCiter is listing the Inaccurate 3 quality, but it is not adding the Setbacks into the Weapon's Dice Pool.

Edited by Dakkar98