OggDude

Another Character Generator

11 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

What makes you think it includes ads? It doesn't. It just automatically updates. Maybe try not being hostile to someone trying to help.

Well, on the download page of PDFForge (the one somebody else mentioned earlier), it says: "PDFCreator Plus is the ad-free edition of PDFCreator," and it asks you to pay for the Plus version. This would imply that the free version includes ads. If that's not the case I apologize, but I don't think it's unreasonable to make that inference.

Also, I apologize for coming off as hostile, but it's getting frustrating with everybody seeming to believe that my problem doesn't exist. I never had an issue printing to Adobe PDF Creator with Release 1.8. This is no longer the case with Release 2.2. Nothing else has changed w.r.t. Oggdude's CharGen (and in fact, I can still print from 1.8 if I grab it off of manual download). It's all a bit annoying.

But hey, it's all par for the course I guess. I should have started a tally long ago for the number of times I've broken a person's software in a way that "doesn't make any sense and should be impossible."

Well maybe try installing the webinstall of this program. As it uses an actual installer and likely will work better. and has the added bonus of it checks for updates and installs said update when they come out.

41 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Well maybe try installing the webinstall of this program. As it uses an actual installer and likely will work better. and has the added bonus of it checks for updates and installs said update when they come out.

I did. It still doesn't work. :(

1 hour ago, Arrakus said:

Oggdude on vacation? 

Not that I'm aware of.  He did post a few weeks back that he was really busy and didn't have a lot of time to work on the program but he'd try to get Disciples of Harmony updated as soon as he could.

So my old computer crashed, taking the program with it. When I click on the link to redownload it, I get a page that says "That file doesn't live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private."

Can someone please explain?

My friend would pick now to play EotE, and your magnificent creator app is not available. 

Anyone have a functioning mirror? 

Edited by Klaumbaz
asked question

No, I was linking for convenience sake while OggDude was away for an extended period, then offering to host a project management/bug report page for him.

i seem to remember that, when he returned, he said something about hosting for the download changing their terms, and he was looking for a different source, but as I recall, that got worked out.

When I start up the Launcher and select Character Generator, it gives me an error saying the Index was out of range. Has anyone come across this before or have an idea to fix the problem? 

Index Error.PNG

23 hours ago, Alraidos said:

When I start up the Launcher and select Character Generator, it gives me an error saying the Index was out of range. Has anyone come across this before or have an idea to fix the problem? 

Index Error.PNG

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Edited by SilindeT

26 minutes ago, SilindeT said:

For those looking for the Character Generator, until Oggdude can host it some place else:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i8nah9pro9aj3wt/AACqpkx9JwObTsX4-ZVV563ma?dl=0

This is only the manual install version.

Fantastic!

I don't have a copy of the manual install, or I'd have tossed it onto mySWRPG.com til OggDude can get the link issues straightened out.

You rock!

Yes, I have tried clearing the cache. As you were amazing enough to post a drop box link, I will try reinstalling it.

2 hours ago, SilindeT said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Thank you for posting a download link. While the Amazing person behind the Generator is working on finding a place to host it.

I just noticed today that the DH-17 Blaster Carbine (Forged in Battle) does not belong to any weapon groups in the generator, which limits the attachments it will allow. I gave it the same categories as the blaster carbine in the Data Editor, but this might be something to include in the next update.

Hi everyone.  I just realized that DropBox must have gotten rid of the public folder once and for all on Sept 1st.  The new link structure doesn't have the same flexibility.  So, it looks like I need to find another cloud host.  I'm currently looking into pCloud, as I've heard that it has learned from DropBox's mistake in this regard.

Anyway, sorry I've been scarce  lately.  Been working a lot, and August was just... well, really bad for me.  I do now have DoH, but have had no time to go over it.  I haven't even GM'ed my normal game in over a month.

I will hopefully have some time this weekend to go over DoH, but we'll see.