Jump to content
OggDude

Another Character Generator

Recommended Posts

Possible bug with craft templates, only custom droid templates are loading for me.

Added a custom droid template in prior versions, no problems. Recently added new armor template to the same file within the <CrafteTemplates> tags. Wouldn't show up, same data source and page and droid. Thinking I messed up the template structure I pasted the armor template into the included data folder's craft templates and new template showed up just fine. Put it back in custom data's craft templates and nothing. 

Removed that one, grabbed the first template from each section of the stock data and just added a 2 to the end, nothing but the custom droid template showed up. Moved all of those to the stock data's craft template file and each appeared. Includes droid directive in not importing through custom. 

 

Had thought I'd messed up the tags again, but the droid template does show up, if anyone can reproduce this, would help to know how I messed it up this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2017 at 7:24 AM, ShadoWarrior said:

Not sure if this is a bug or whether it's by design, but for characters that have the Powerful Blast talent the Blast damage rating for explosives listed in the shown weapons portion of the sheet do not reflect the increased damage from the talent, just the base Blast damage.

Has a dev defined exactly what an "explosive weapon" is?  Is it just any weapon with a Blast quality?  Also, explosives don't have a Blast quality, they have a blast radius.  In the case of explosives, would it just be +1 damage?  I'd need to know answers to these before adding support for Powerful Blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2017 at 7:34 AM, Rogues Rule said:

Hi Ogg,

thank you for providing us with this fantastic tool. :)

Three things I noticed:

- the MK. IV backback ist misspelled MK. VI in the List

- the D-29 Repulsor Rifle has a Price of 2.100 instead of 1.550 (in the description only)

- the cybernetic implant (self-crafted) has an encumbrance of 1 instead of 0.

 

I read that you already decreased the increased encumbrance threshold of the MK. III Modular Backback from 3 to 2, but I wonder if it should also have 6 accessory pouches instead of 4.

I guess the sentence can be interpreted both ways, but the more fluffy description  speaks of "up to six smaller pouches to be attached". (?)

 

Cheers

 

  • Fixed the name of the Mk. IV backpack
  • D-29 is 1550 in the chart.  Where do you see 2100?
  • Where do you see the cybernetic implant being 1 encumbrance?
  • The description of the back pack says "to a maximum increase of 6".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2017 at 9:03 AM, ShadoWarrior said:

It appears that the cost for Paired Weapons is being deducted per gun, not for the pair (which is explicitly stated as being for both combined in FC:51).

Just buy the first one and add the second one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2017 at 9:50 PM, SladeWeston said:

@OggDude As always, I could be doing this wrong, but when I craft a droid and select the Modular Hardware option, the companion that is created doesn't appear to have the cybernetics or bonus (I tried it with both a cyber arm and brain implant).  Also, I encountered a bug when transfer custom armor to my companion were the armor disappeared from my players inventory but didn't appear in the droids inventory.

No, there was a bug.  It's fixed now, and so is the transfer bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2017 at 0:11 PM, FelixTG said:

Possible bug with craft templates, only custom droid templates are loading for me.

Added a custom droid template in prior versions, no problems. Recently added new armor template to the same file within the <CrafteTemplates> tags. Wouldn't show up, same data source and page and droid. Thinking I messed up the template structure I pasted the armor template into the included data folder's craft templates and new template showed up just fine. Put it back in custom data's craft templates and nothing. 

Removed that one, grabbed the first template from each section of the stock data and just added a 2 to the end, nothing but the custom droid template showed up. Moved all of those to the stock data's craft template file and each appeared. Includes droid directive in not importing through custom. 

 

Had thought I'd messed up the tags again, but the droid template does show up, if anyone can reproduce this, would help to know how I messed it up this time.

One suggestion:  don't modify the files that come with the generator, since your work will disappear when it's upgraded.  If you want to add templates by hand, create a CraftTemplates.xml file in DataCustom (or a data set directory), and add them there.  Don't forget to add a <Custom>AddedItem</Custom> tag to the template.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OggDude said:
  • Where do you see the cybernetic implant being 1 encumbrance?

For me, it shows as 1 Encumbrance at step 1 of crafting, under Current Item, after choosing the skill.

Once completed, it shows as 1 Encumbrance in the item details, and counts as 1 Encumbrance when Carry is checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OggDude said:

One suggestion:  don't modify the files that come with the generator, since your work will disappear when it's upgraded.  If you want to add templates by hand, create a CraftTemplates.xml file in DataCustom (or a data set directory), and add them there.  Don't forget to add a <Custom>AddedItem</Custom> tag to the template.

Ah! That did it, I had the <Custom> tag in the droid from a while back, but not the new stuff copied out of the main Data folder. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Couple of small typos I think.

 

Under Base Foci you have Research Facility & Weapon Depot both from page 88 of the Desperate Allies Sourcebook. I cant seem to find them on that page or am I missing something?

Cheers

 

Edited by bsycamore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice update!  Lots of good stuff.

I can't work out why all Crafted Cybernetics show Encumbrance 1.  The data file clearly has <Encumbrance>0 .

Should the Custom Grip be given the category Powered Melee?  Special Modifications says it "can be applied to any weapon with a handle".

Should the Shield Craft Template be given the Bludgeoning Melee category?  The Cortosis Shield, Sith Shield, Riot Shield and War Shield all have Bludgeoning Melee.  (The Energy Buckler has Powered Melee.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OggDude said:
  • Fixed the name of the Mk. IV backpack
  • D-29 is 1550 in the chart.  Where do you see 2100?
  • Where do you see the cybernetic implant being 1 encumbrance?
  • The description of the back pack says "to a maximum increase of 6".

MK III Backpack is indeed incorrect.

Quote

The Mk. III is also equipped with a system of hooks and fasteners that allows up to six smaller pouches to be attached to better tailor the the backpack to the wearer's needs.

The Mk. III modular backpack increases a wearer's encumbrance threshold by 2, plus an additional 1 point of encumbrance threshold for each accessory pouch added to the backpack (to a maximum increase of 6).

The Mk. III is also equipped with a system of hooks and fasteners that allows up to six smaller pouches to be attached to better tailor the the backpack to the wearer's needs.

The Mk. III modular backpack increases a wearer's encumbrance threshold by 2, plus an additional 1 point of encumbrance threshold for each (of the six) accessory pouch added to the backpack (to a maximum increase (to the base of 2) of 6).  

2 encumbrance threshold increases + a maximum of 6 additional encumbrance threshold increases = 8 total encumbrance threshold increases.

 

Currently both the Mk. III and the Mk. VI (IV) are granting a base increase of 3.

Mk. III has a base of 3 + 4 optional, for a max of 7. It should be base of 2 + 6 optional, for a max of 8.

Mk. VI (IV) has a base of 3 + 3 optional, for a max of 6, which is correct.

Edited by Dakkar98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Randy G said:

Hmmm, I always read "to a maximum increase of 6" to mean "to a maximum total increase of 6".

That's how I always read it, too.

On another topic, I have a question regarding Droids - specifically, mass-production user-made droids.

I know that you can make an entry for a Droid in the Data Editor, and that it can be given a 'Droid' tag. My question is, how does one enable the use of the 'Add Companion' button in the Char Gen Interface, allowing that purchased gear item to create a droid companion?

If I have to code it in myself, I will need detailed instructions as to how I am to go about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OggDude said:
  • Fixed the name of the Mk. IV backpack
  • D-29 is 1550 in the chart.  Where do you see 2100?
  • Where do you see the cybernetic implant being 1 encumbrance?
  • The description of the back pack says "to a maximum increase of 6".

 

15 hours ago, Darzil said:

For me, it shows as 1 Encumbrance at step 1 of crafting, under Current Item, after choosing the skill.

Once completed, it shows as 1 Encumbrance in the item details, and counts as 1 Encumbrance when Carry is checked.

 

8 hours ago, Dakkar98 said:

MK III Backpack is indeed incorrect.

The Mk. III is also equipped with a system of hooks and fasteners that allows up to six smaller pouches to be attached to better tailor the the backpack to the wearer's needs.

The Mk. III modular backpack increases a wearer's encumbrance threshold by 2, plus an additional 1 point of encumbrance threshold for each (of the six) accessory pouch added to the backpack (to a maximum increase (to the base of 2) of 6).  

2 encumbrance threshold increases + a maximum of 6 additional encumbrance threshold increases = 8 total encumbrance threshold increases.

 

 

Hi Ogg,

The D-29 has the correct price (1550) in the chart, but when you select it in the chart, the "info window" on the bottom which lists the details of the weapon shows costs of 2100.

For the self-crafted cybernetic implant and the MK. III Backback, I could only reapeat what Darzil and Dakkar said.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug Report: Rosters from encounters no longer seem to show any Positions other than "Pilot".  I encountered this on an Import  from Chronicles of the Gatekeeper ("Ep 2 - Gang Attack!") and in several encounters that I built myself.  While Pilots are shown on the rosters, gunners are not, and there is no record of Gunnery skills available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 1:30 AM, Rogues Rule said:

 

 

 

Hi Ogg,

The D-29 has the correct price (1550) in the chart, but when you select it in the chart, the "info window" on the bottom which lists the details of the weapon shows costs of 2100.

For the self-crafted cybernetic implant and the MK. III Backback, I could only reapeat what Darzil and Dakkar said.

Cheers

 

That just means you've added an attachment worth 550 credits.  It's the total price.

For the backpacks, I think we need a dev question to answer this.  Half of us think one thing, the other half another :)

As for recent changes:

  • Using GM Grants on a character with obligation or duty options would reset the options the first time GM Grants was used.  After that, it kept the setting.  This odd behavior has been resolved.
  • In the Data Editor, you may now filter data items by both source, and a name filter.
  • In the Droid Tech specialization, there should have been a line from Hidden Storage to Deft Maker on the right of the tree.  This has been fixed.
  • The Mk. IV Modular Backpack was misspelled.  It is now spelled correctly.
  • The Tarvix adversary had a formatting issue in its special ability.  This has been fixed.
  • Crash Gear from Endless Vigil had an incorrect soak value.  It is now correctly set to 1.
  • In the Crafting Dialog, 0 encumbrance items from templates would always end up with 1 encumbrance, even if encumbrance didn't change.  Encumbrance will now only be updated if there was an actual change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 10:05 PM, Takeshi Yamato said:

That's how I always read it, too.

On another topic, I have a question regarding Droids - specifically, mass-production user-made droids.

I know that you can make an entry for a Droid in the Data Editor, and that it can be given a 'Droid' tag. My question is, how does one enable the use of the 'Add Companion' button in the Char Gen Interface, allowing that purchased gear item to create a droid companion?

If I have to code it in myself, I will need detailed instructions as to how I am to go about it.

Currently, the adversary xml file has to reside in the Imports directory of the install.  Here's the magic line to add to the gear definition:

    <AdvImportPath>Suns of Fortune\Adversaries\J57 Cam Droid - Minion.xml</AdvImportPath>

This is for the J57 Cam Droid, which resides in the <install dir>\Imports\Suns of Fortune\Adversaries directory.  This is a "hidden" feature, so it doesn't work with other directory structures, like a special "Imports" directory in the data folder.  It only points to the imports directory that comes with the install.  I wasn't intending to make this a general feature for customization.

You can use this for any gear item that can be converted to an adversary, including riding mounts, pets-as-gear, or whatever.  But again, it has to reside in the Imports directory of the install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 1:03 PM, bsycamore said:

Hi,

 

Couple of small typos I think.

 

Under Base Foci you have Research Facility & Weapon Depot both from page 88 of the Desperate Allies Sourcebook. I cant seem to find them on that page or am I missing something?

Cheers

 

It's there, but it required a bit of extrapolation on my part :)  Base options were lacking, but in the description of increased core focus, they gave a couple of examples which weren't explicitly laid out:

DABaseTypes.png

Repair Shop and Space Station were already there from other source books.  You can really have anything as a core focus of a base, it's just limited to your imagination.  Feel free to add more using the Data Editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi OggDude,

I was updating some characters today and we have a gunslinger who uses paired weapons. Now your option to pair weapons is still there, but the paired line no longer shows on the "front page" in the weapons block at the bottom like it used to before.

Is this a bug or something that wasnt set right on the latest version.

I tried pairing different guns and even adding a completely new set, adding and removing, but they never end up showing on the character pdf to print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ferretfur said:

Hi OggDude,

I was updating some characters today and we have a gunslinger who uses paired weapons. Now your option to pair weapons is still there, but the paired line no longer shows on the "front page" in the weapons block at the bottom like it used to before.

Is this a bug or something that wasnt set right on the latest version.

I tried pairing different guns and even adding a completely new set, adding and removing, but they never end up showing on the character pdf to print.

Just created two different two-weapon sets and they're showing up fine for me.  Did you make sure the "Show" box on the grid row was checked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OggDude said:

Just created two different two-weapon sets and they're showing up fine for me.  Did you make sure the "Show" box on the grid row was checked?

The two guns chosen to be paired are both on as Show...is there another line or place for the pair i need to tick now?

I checked the two-weapons box and the "show" box there IS ticked, but still no show on character sheet.

 

Edited by Ferretfur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ferretfur said:

The two guns chosen to be paired are both on as Show...is there another line or place for the pair i need to tick now?

I checked the two-weapons box and the "show" box there IS ticked, but still no show on character sheet.

 

There's two things to show:  the primary weapon itself, and a two-weapon set for this weapon.  To show the weapon, click "Show" in the owned grid like normal.  To show the two-weapon set, click "Two-Weapon Set", find the set in the grid (or create a new set), and check the "Show" column for that set, which is checked by default.  You can create and show a two-weapon set without showing the primary weapon by itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...