OggDude

Another Character Generator

I have a couple of questions (or maybe feature requests, depending on the answer). In my campaign I have heavily house ruled droid PCs. One of the changes I made is to give them 2,500 credits to buy starting "integrated" equipment, i.e. equipment that is integrated into a droid's chassis. So, the first question is: is there a way to add this 2,500 credits directly from the species, as a talent or species ability? I know I can always add the credits directly in the description tab, but it would certainly be nice to have it automated by the species selection.

I also want to reduce the encumbrance toll of these integrated pieces of equipment but I am currently at a loss on how to proceed. I tried adding attachments with the "decrease encumbrance mod", but I haven't been able to add them to gear with 0 HP no matter what. Is it possible to add attachments to gear at all? I noticed that armor with 0 HP can receive the integrated comlink or the multi-band comlink attachments, but I could not simulate the effect for other types of equipment or other attachments.

Once again, thanks a lot for the wonderful program!

18 minutes ago, Alryon said:

I have a couple of questions (or maybe feature requests, depending on the answer). In my campaign I have heavily house ruled droid PCs. One of the changes I made is to give them 2,500 credits to buy starting "integrated" equipment, i.e. equipment that is integrated into a droid's chassis. So, the first question is: is there a way to add this 2,500 credits directly from the species, as a talent or species ability? I know I can always add the credits directly in the description tab, but it would certainly be nice to have it automated by the species selection.

I also want to reduce the encumbrance toll of these integrated pieces of equipment but I am currently at a loss on how to proceed. I tried adding attachments with the "decrease encumbrance mod", but I haven't been able to add them to gear with 0 HP no matter what. Is it possible to add attachments to gear at all? I noticed that armor with 0 HP can receive the integrated comlink or the multi-band comlink attachments, but I could not simulate the effect for other types of equipment or other attachments.

Both the Gank and the Muun have something similar you could template off of.

@OggDude Speaking of the Muun.  As I was giving this advice I pulled up the Muun and noticed that it didn't automatically grant me a 1000 extra credits.  Is this working as intended?  I figured it might be as to prevent the 1000 creds from being confused with starter credits but I wasn't sure.

15 minutes ago, SladeWeston said:

Both the Gank and the Muun have something similar you could template off of.

@OggDude Speaking of the Muun.  As I was giving this advice I pulled up the Muun and noticed that it didn't automatically grant me a 1000 extra credits.  Is this working as intended?  I figured it might be as to prevent the 1000 creds from being confused with starter credits but I wasn't sure.

I haven't tried creating a Gank yet, but I did look at it in the DataEditor. In fact, it was from the Gank that I got the +2,500 credits idea. However, I can't figure out if or how the Gank gives his 5000 credits for cybernetics to the character, as it seems to be just a description.

47 minutes ago, Alryon said:

I don't know why (what I did wrong previously), but now I am able to add custom attachments to 0 HP gear. I'll test further and see if I can come with a solution for the second part of my question on my own.

As for the first part, I still cannot find a way to add money to a character except by doing so directly in the description tab.

Poss minor bug. When selecting "Custom Loadout" (Modder), to add 2 HP to a Signature Vehicle, you have to save and reload the character to be able to see the extra 2 HP on the vehicle.

When equipping a crafted lightsaber, the Breach 1 and Sunder qualities are not removed when a Training Emitter is installed.  The actual training lightsaber, and the Basic Lightsaber Hilt, both offer the expected Damage 6 Stun damage (no Breach or Sunder).

Edited by SJanson

On 10/23/2016 at 9:46 PM, Arrakus said:

Was wondering how hard would the following be to implement.

1) Currently, when you mouse over talents on the specialization tab, a submenu pops up displaying additional information about the talent as well as additional specializations that that talent can be found in and how many talents are in that specialization. Would there be any additional value if that same submenu was to also show how many times that talent has been selected for that particular character? People with characters that have multiple trees may/may not find this useful. 

2) Can a different mouse-over submenu be added for the characteristics, wound, strain, defense, soak stat block at the bottom part of the generator? For example, if one was to mouse over any of the quick reference characteristics at the bottom, a submenu would pop up and display all of the factors contributing to that characteristic (e.g. race, cybernetic, dedication (or list out the dedications from each specialization that is being applied), etc). It would also do the same for Wound (base, brawn, toughened etc) , Strain (base, willpower, grit, etc) & Soak (brawn, enduring, armor, etc). For Defense, what it could do, is show all of the sources of defense currently available for that character as well as highlighting the applicable sources the tool is using.

I am thinking that this might really help people who have mid to high exp characters (where there are potentially a lot of moving parts) by providing them a finer level detail on how all of the pieces fit together.

Or..... it could just me being a total power-gamer borderline munchkin. In that case... um. Yeah. 

Thoughts?

I posted this some time back. 

Was wondering if it was considered for implementation.

Thanks. 

After some more testing, I could implement the gear attachment to reduce the encumbrance value of a piece of equipment. However, it seems it cannot be reduced to less than 1 (aka 0), no matter how many decrease encumbrance mods I throw at it. Is this as intended? Is there a way to customize this to allow encumbrance values to be reduced to 0?

Couple minor ones:

When setting the campaign on a character just imported, it looks to need a restart before the char list will display that in the new campaign.

Would it be possible to allow the dragging to re-order in the char list on the Group, and have the print reflect that, so that I can basically order the characters on the printout?

58 minutes ago, Alryon said:

After some more testing, I could implement the gear attachment to reduce the encumbrance value of a piece of equipment. However, it seems it cannot be reduced to less than 1 (aka 0), no matter how many decrease encumbrance mods I throw at it. Is this as intended? Is there a way to customize this to allow encumbrance values to be reduced to 0?

Not that I've seen. I add to threshold instead. 

EDIT:
Probably a dumb question, but is there a way to get text to print out in the Notes section of a group print? Or on a vehicle printout? 
Also, the Notes section under Resources when on the FnD dropdown don't seem to show up, though Contribution Points at the top right do.

Another minor one, is it possible to store the last used margins from the Print dialog? I've been setting it to 0.075, 0, 0, 0 to kill most of the white space. 

Edited by FelixTG

2 hours ago, Alryon said:

I don't know why (what I did wrong previously), but now I am able to add custom attachments to 0 HP gear. I'll test further and see if I can come with a solution for the second part of my question on my own.

As for the first part, I still cannot find a way to add money to a character except by doing so directly in the description tab.

Just grant the character whatever money is owed him due to his species or whatever.  The changes required to do this automatically just wasn't worth the hassle when the alternative solution is so simple :) 

2 hours ago, SJanson said:

When equipping a crafted lightsaber, the Breach 1 and Sunder qualities are not removed when a Training Emitter is installed.  The actual training lightsaber, and the Basic Lightsaber Hilt, both offer the expected Damage 6 Stun damage (no Breach or Sunder).

I changed the training emitter to remove Breach and Sunder, if they exist.  All other crystals include those, so it was never an issue before.  And, of course, it always works on hilts.

3 hours ago, Darzil said:

Poss minor bug. When selecting "Custom Loadout" (Modder), to add 2 HP to a Signature Vehicle, you have to save and reload the character to be able to see the extra 2 HP on the vehicle.

There was a few things that were screwy with signature vehicles.  I think I fixed them.  At least, they seem to be working better.

2 hours ago, Alryon said:

Try using the "Decreases Total Encumbrance" mod.  The difference between this one and the other one is that 1) it's applied to the final total encumbrance, rather than the encumbrance of a particular item, and 2) because of this, it can lower your total encumbrance to 0.

3 hours ago, Arrakus said:

I posted this some time back. 

Was wondering if it was considered for implementation.

Thanks. 

It's a good idea, but the problem is that I currently create the mouse-over tool tips once when the tree is generated.  To do this, I'd have to update them every time there was a talent change.

As for characteristics and attributes, I'll look into that.

Hello OggDude,

first, I want to give you my thanks for the great work, you are doing for this community.

Now, in the newest version 2.0.1 I encountered the following problems.

I use the German language pack, but now some of the captions on the character sheet are no longer translated although they are correctly translated in the Language pack. E.g. the captions for GENERAL SKILLS CAREER RANK DICE POOL. Most other translations work.

Also, the char gen changed my keyboard-layout to English for Windows (I have a German keyboard, where some keys are different), probably when I checked the Change Keyboard to current Region checkbox when I was checking out the Language pack.

Cheers and keep up the great work

Fred

Edited by GM Fred

Some Endless Vigil vehicles appear as 'AddedItems' in the data editor:

ETA-Class Shuttle

CR-17 Incendia III

BT310 Quadra

Kuat Systems Engineering Rho-1 Limulus-Class Courier

Undicur Jumpspeeder

57 minutes ago, OggDude said:

Try using the "Decreases Total Encumbrance" mod.  The difference between this one and the other one is that 1) it's applied to the final total encumbrance, rather than the encumbrance of a particular item, and 2) because of this, it can lower your total encumbrance to 0.

Ahh, looks like the display doesn't update the value for it, but that one does indeed reduce the actual value of encumbrance. Awesome.

enc to 0.PNG

55 minutes ago, OggDude said:

It's a good idea, but the problem is that I currently create the mouse-over tool tips once when the tree is generated.  To do this, I'd have to update them every time there was a talent change.

As for characteristics and attributes, I'll look into that.

I see. Maybe have the mouse over re-generate after every save? Would that be less taxing on the system?

Had an issue yesterday where a new character was crafting with reinforced clothing, picked the schematic which was auto applied. The difficulty of the craft didn't go down at that point.

I've not been able to reproduce in 2.0.1.0, and it was on another computer so I'm not sure of the version, but it definitely did need to be removed then manually added for the checkbox to appear next to reinforced clothing and for the difficulty to go down in the description. I think that computer was probably on 1.8 beta.

looking around, I am having an issue with force powers (like move). is there a bug in the system or is this my download not showing it? Do i need to have the user data checked, even though move is from FaD?

1 hour ago, myskul said:

looking around, I am having an issue with force powers (like move). is there a bug in the system or is this my download not showing it? Do i need to have the user data checked, even though move is from FaD?

Is your issue that you're not seeing all of the force powers?  I ask because the program doesn't allow you to see force powers you don't meet the minimum Force Rating for.

Just now, SladeWeston said:

Is your issue that you're not seeing all of the force powers?  I ask because the program doesn't allow you to see force powers you don't meet the minimum Force Rating for.

The thing is Move has a min force rating of 1

2 hours ago, FelixTG said:

Ahh, looks like the display doesn't update the value for it, but that one does indeed reduce the actual value of encumbrance. Awesome.

enc to 0.PNG

That's what it's supposed to do.  As I said, it doesn't lower encumbrance on an item, it lowers your total encumbrance.

2 minutes ago, JalekZem said:

Does the character in question have a Force Rating of at least 1?

the character I made actually has a force rating of 2 (added xp just to see if it the move power would show)