OggDude

Another Character Generator

Hey guys

I don't know how often that was suggested/asked/something like that or if it is needed in any way.

But I think, that it is very annoying, that you need to look everything up in the rulebooks.

May I just put in the descriptions of the talents or are there legal consequences or so on?

You can put in all the descriptions you want (for you own usage). That is the point of the Data Editor. However, Oggy cannot ship the descriptions with the program because that violates the FFG copyright on the material.

This is understandable. FFG would loose revenue if everyone could get all the information from a free program instead of buying the books.

Hey Ogg, any idea when the latest version will be posted? One of my players runs windows 10 and is unable to get it running right now.

I had the same issue. The program need to be set to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7, and it should work fine.

I'm having this strange problem with the character generator. For some reason, protect/unleash won't display in force powers, as well as a few others. I have all books selected as a source. Any idea what could be causing this?

Does the character in question have a high enough force rating to use the powers you are not seeing. 

Protect/Unleash requires a force rating of 3 or higher.

I found a minor misprint.

Under the Technician: Droid Tech Talent Tree (pg. 31 of Special Modifications Book).  Supreme Speaks Binary needs to be an Active (red) Talent not a Passive (black) Talent.  Thanks for all the good work on this BTW.

Not sure if it's been posted already, but when choosing Deadly Accuracy it's not letting me choose a combat skill.  The pop up appears but it's just a box with no selection.   This program is fantastic, thanks again.

Edited by Dbrowne1974

Not sure if it's been posted already, but when choosing Deadly Accuracy it's not letting me choose a combat skill.  The pop up appears but it's just a box with no selection.   This program is fantastic, thanks again.

Which version are you using, and which Specialization tree?  it works fine for my Assassin in version 1.7.

Vers 1.7.0.1

Assassin as career - allows picking skill, but wait you clicked on wrong one and when you go back and try to change - it will not let you. You can workaround by going and changing to say gageteer which will reset all your assassin picks. Then change back to assassin and rebuy/pick. now can choose a weapon skill again.

Sharpshooter as career - first pick works normal, go to 2nd deadly accuracy and no option to select. Uncheck boxes and same, unable to change initial selection.

Assassin as career - 1st pick normal, sharpshooter as new specialization, can't pick new weapon skill on either of the 2 deadly accuracy options.

This had worked in a previous version; when selecting multiple Deadly Acc. Not sure about changing the skill to another.

Using the editor I didn't find anything that would change this behavior

---

also another issue:

If you start with an EoE or AoR career and then later pick up a force using specialization (ie Advisor) you are unable to pick any force powers even if you took enough specializations and spent enough xp to get 2+++ force points.

it does show and allow picking Force Powers if you select one of the universal force sensitive specializations.

Thanks again OggDude for all your work!

Vers 1.7.0.1

Assassin as career - allows picking skill, but wait you clicked on wrong one and when you go back and try to change - it will not let you. You can workaround by going and changing to say gageteer which will reset all your assassin picks. Then change back to assassin and rebuy/pick. now can choose a weapon skill again.

Sharpshooter as career - first pick works normal, go to 2nd deadly accuracy and no option to select. Uncheck boxes and same, unable to change initial selection.

Assassin as career - 1st pick normal, sharpshooter as new specialization, can't pick new weapon skill on either of the 2 deadly accuracy options.

This had worked in a previous version; when selecting multiple Deadly Acc. Not sure about changing the skill to another.

---

also another issue:

If you start with an EoE or AoR career and then later pick up a force using specialization (ie Advisor) you are unable to pick any force powers even if you took enough specializations and spent enough xp to get 2+++ force points.

it does show and allow picking Force Powers if you select one of the universal force sensitive specializations.

The first issue I am not sure about, mine works fine.

Your second issue is working exactly as the Game designers intended.

You gain force rating 1 by either taking a Force Using "Career" or one of the "Universal specializations" that gives you a Force rating.

Just taking a Force Using Specialization does not give you access to Force Talents or Force Powers.

Oggdue,

I am not sure if I have found an error or not - 

I have a group who have a business and have just bought the Increase Core Focus option once.

This means that once a (game) month they will all get 200 credits each.

There are four members of the group, which means that there should be 800 credits in total. Yet when I gave them the income (by selecting the button) if only put 200 credits in the business coffers.

I double checked their own credit amount in the Character generator and it hadn't gone up either.

Anyone else had this issue?

Hello OggDude. Awesome work. I noticed that the starship modification will only let you add 1 gunner Droid brain where I would like to be able to add one per weapon system (the ship has two sets of twin light turbolasers and 2 turrets with 4 medium lasers each) the idea is that when splitting the party and not enough PCS are on the ship to man/woman/alien/droid...(crew is the inclusive term I'm looking for) all the weapons they'd still be able fire with greens (or since gunnery that few of my PCs have ranks in, i'd like them to be able to all have the PCs' attribute green dice upgraded to yellows by the gunner droid brains' skill), of course I can hand wave this and don't strictly need it in the spec sheet but it would be nice

Vers 1.7.0.1

---

also another issue:

The first issue I am not sure about, mine works fine.

Your second issue is working exactly as the Game designers intended.

You gain force rating 1 by either taking a Force Using "Career" or one of the "Universal specializations" that gives you a Force rating.

Just taking a Force Using Specialization does not give you access to Force Talents or Force Powers.

It seems to be working fine for 1.8 after I fixed the skill dialog issue.  And Dakkar is correct, F&D specializations do not give FR, only F&D careers do.  If you have a non-F&D character, you need to buy one of the FSE specializations to get a FR.

Oggdue,

I am not sure if I have found an error or not - 

I have a group who have a business and have just bought the Increase Core Focus option once.

This means that once a (game) month they will all get 200 credits each.

There are four members of the group, which means that there should be 800 credits in total. Yet when I gave them the income (by selecting the button) if only put 200 credits in the business coffers.

I double checked their own credit amount in the Character generator and it hadn't gone up either.

Anyone else had this issue?

Yup, that was an oversight.  In the next release,  you'll be able to select from adding income to the group or to individual group members, and the amount will be adjusted accordingly (base x months x member count for group, base x months for each member).

Hello OggDude. Awesome work. I noticed that the starship modification will only let you add 1 gunner Droid brain where I would like to be able to add one per weapon system (the ship has two sets of twin light turbolasers and 2 turrets with 4 medium lasers each) the idea is that when splitting the party and not enough PCS are on the ship to man/woman/alien/droid...(crew is the inclusive term I'm looking for) all the weapons they'd still be able fire with greens (or since gunnery that few of my PCs have ranks in, i'd like them to be able to all have the PCs' attribute green dice upgraded to yellows by the gunner droid brains' skill), of course I can hand wave this and don't strictly need it in the spec sheet but it would be nice

Only one of each type of attachment can be added to a vehicle or piece of equipment, other than vehicle weapons (which aren't even considered attachments in the generator).  The description then says that you can control multiple weapon systems with a single gunner droid, and then mentions that it's limited to one action per turn.  This sounds to me like they specifically don't want you do do what you're doing :)

But heck, if your GM is OK with it, or if you're the GM, you can just say that it works the way you want, maybe noting what's going on in the ship's description.

Haven't checked it out yet (still busy downloading it) but does this generator include the characters and so forth from Force and Destiny?

It includes all published book and other miscellaneous adventures up to and including Special Modifications.  I just got Forged in Battle, so it'll be included in the next release (the "real" 1.8 release).

As to the Win10 problem... the problem seems to be with the embedded fonts that I use.  It works fine loading these fonts from resources in Win7, but the same code and same resources have issues in Win10.  I'm still investigating the problem...

I'm trying to update the Data Editor so the X-Wing (vehicle key: T65BXWING) contains the Astromech Droid Socket (attachment key: ASTROMECH) as a built-in attachment. However, the droid socket doesn't seem to be available under Built-In Attachments. What am I missing?

Vers 1.7.0.1

---

also another issue:

It's the current version, and I tried with the Assassin skill tree and got the same result.  Maybe mine is just buggy, I'll wait till the next update to see if that fixes it, if not I might just uninstall and reinstall it, to see if that works.

I've been using it fine in Windows 10, which is unusual as I have a tendency to have the worst luck with software problems.

I've mentioned this before but it got lost a while ago and in translation I feel. I was hoping there could be a way to modify group values from the character generator and not require use of the GM Tools every time you use them, mostly for Vehicles and bases. Maybe through a seperate Group Resources window on the Character Generator, like the one that pops up on the GM Tools?

Edited by TheBalzan

I seem to be unable to access the Force Powers Battle Meditation, Bind and Protect/Unleash in the Character Generator even though they are listed in the Data Editor. Is anybody else having this problem? Not sure if it's because I'm on windows 10, but I am running the most current version of the editor.

Edited by GentleZombie

I seem to be unable to access the Force Powers Battle Meditation, Bind and Protect/Unleash in the Character Generator even though they are listed in the Data Editor. Is anybody else having this problem? Not sure if it's because I'm on windows 10, but I am running the most current version of the editor.

All of these have a Force Requirement of 2+, so if your character only has 1 Force Point, then they will not see them, as they cannot purchase them.  If you give the character another Force Point, then they should be there.

I have been updating talents and Force powers for my groups usage. A few mistakes I have noticed:

Careful Planning - Talent from AoR:C and KtP is marked as an Incidental when both sources list it as an Action.

Coordinated Assault - Talent from AoR:C and KtP isn't marked as Ranked when both sources list it as a Ranked talent.