OggDude

Another Character Generator

Not really a bug but more something that may need looking at, very minor:

Motivations, Cause. There are two "Overthrow the Empire" entries, one from Edge of the Empire, and another from Force and Destiny.

Fixed.

Has anyone had any luck disabling the Unofficial Species Menagerie?  I haven't been able to disable it in the last couple of additions.  It lets me uncheck the box but it doesn't remove any of the species from the list.

Has anyone had any luck disabling the Unofficial Species Menagerie?  I haven't been able to disable it in the last couple of additions.  It lets me uncheck the box but it doesn't remove any of the species from the list.

I am also having this issue. Not that it bugs me much. Also i updated to 4.5.2 .Net framework. The version 1.8.0.0 keeps crashing in the generator only.  It works for an hour or so. then gets an error box. Ill see if i can post the box next time it pops up.

(Edit) its not letting me link the image. but it only seems to happen when there is a "pick one" option like for tinkerer and smooth talker. Its an "unhandled exception" 

There is a bug (brought up by myself) that you must uncheck two (or more) sources for them to actually be removed.

It should now be fixed.

Not sure if this is a new issue or not, but posting here for a sanity check.

I remember the "Campaign" selection used to be sticky. When you selected a Campaign on the list of characters, it would remain selected when you went to another area on the creator and back. This seems to no longer be the case. Minor issue to be sure, but when running multiple campaigns that feature was handy to narrow down the character's involved.

I just tried it and it seems to be working.  I set a campaign, switched to another pane, then switched back to characters, and the campaign was still selected.  How exactly are you getting this issue?

@OggDude: Just a heads up, but I've found an editing error: Sleight of Mind's default setting is as an incidental in the editor, even though it's passive. Easy enough fix for any user, but I thought it would be good to let you know.

Fixed.

Oggy,

I am loving these tools!!!.

I agree that it would be nice to have a place for both Advantages and Threats for crafting as I plan to allow my players to purchase additional advantages they can spend by taking on threats that I can spend. That way if they need just that little bit more to get what they envision from their creation rather than have them fall short and want to scrap it and start over again. It could just be done with the Despairs, but it would be nice to let them buy an Advantage with a Threat and a Triumph with a Despair.

For the droid crafting is there a way to make it a double pane one for the chassis and one for the programming? I completely missed that I had to hit the arrow and drop down for the programming part the first time and thought it would take me to the programming once I had completed the chassis. I had to start over, then I saw the ability to toggle.

I also want to again request that the Main program and all pop up windows automatically go Full Screen instead of little boxes.

I found a bug in the droid programming. When you add adaptive programming effect, I added 5, and when I went in to choose the skills. It allowed me to pick 5 skills. It then added 5 ranks to all 5 skills. I would think that just having a list of the available skills with numerical indicator next to them would fix it. It also allowed the skills to go beyond the cap of 6.

Cratala's Vision Cycling Implant: "makes some tings virtually impossible to see"

Thanks Oggy!

Both issues have been fixed.  As for the pips, the crafting dialog doesn't enforce anything; it just displays what you've used.  You can add as many positive and negative effects as you like.

I'll think about adding a directives panes.  The reason I didn't is because they'd be identical to the existing panes, so I just added a combo box to allow you to switch between them.

Just wanted to start off saying thanks for the incredible program, OggDude, and all the work you've put into it.

I've been looking through the generator and was wondering if there are any current (or future planned) ways to have temporary adjustments to characteristics reflected on the sheet. For example, one of my characters recently took the Enhance Force Power tree and several of the connected talents. This is shown on the printed sheets as a white Force die next to any applicable skill checks I can use Enhance with. However, I also took the subsequent Control talents which allow you to commit dice to increase certain characteristics, like Brawn or Agility. Enhance is one of the Force powers specifically called out on the sidebar on page 282 of Force and Destiny as one that you could theoretically leave dice committed for "even multiple sessions", and after speaking with the GM he's agreed that unless the plot says otherwise he'd be okay with just leaving the die committed to a characteristic indefinitely.

I couldn't find an easy way to have this reflected on the character sheet as either a hard increase to a characteristic, or even just a visual reminder that it could be a notch higher. Same goes for any skills that key off of a characteristic that could be increased; it would be nice to see the extra possible dice just like how the Force dice are shown. This would also be a good reminder for Encumbrance or melee damage, which would probably change dynamically along with the associated characteristic. It doesn't look like any of the GM Grants allow for a flat characteristic increase (or even just a free rank in Dedication), so I was hoping there would be another workaround.

Thanks again.

Hey OggDude,

Just wanted to add that the character generator goes a bit bonkers when building a character and then buying another spec and then changing your career.

It wont let you remove the bought spec or the former spec if you switched completely to the new one.

(maybe consider "reseting everything below" when you go back up the generation ladder?)

I also happened upon when playing with the character generator that my characteristics "froze" and would not change (on the lower right side) not matter what i did but i couldn't find the reason for it.

Can you give me a way to reproduce this?  I've tried a bunch of combinations with this and I can't get it to break.  I've bought career specs, non-career specs, universal specs, then changed careers and starting specs, removed specs, and everything works fine.

• Characters with the Gearhead talent should see a 50% reduction in the cost for adding mods to items or vehicles.

I'm now (as expected) seeing 50 Cr cost for items, but still 1000 Cr for vehicle mods.

Good catch.  The vehicle edit control never needed a reference to a character before this, so the character being passed to the attachment dialog was null, and therefore, no discount was applied.  So, I added a character reference that does nothing except get passed to the attachment dialog :)  Now it's working as it should.

Hey Oggdude, Thanks again for your wonderful creator, it's a real blessing!

I wanted to address/suggest a couple of things:

1 - Currently and in the past versions i tried, the windows format of the inner tables do no increase much relative to your native resolution as can be seen in the link i added below. I have a resolution of 2880x1800 and this leaves a lot of unused screen real estate. It also get much more annoying when trying to quickly browse over equipment and see the item skill or abilities . 

So if you can, please make them increase relative to your native resolution and not stop at a certain value. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ne5u526ohcoyvtu/screen.jpg?dl=0

2 - As a continuation to the first idea, maybe even allow each user to resize their tables as he sees fit (if it's possible). I just recently found out i could drag down the skill description below and it freed so much space :)

3 - Consider Switching the "Filter by Type" to a different filter such as encumbrance, rarity, skill used or a certain ability or hardmode points. Filter by Type is already addressed in the previous Filter by Category so while only collating a number of groups together it doesn't add much i think?

4 - Addendum,  maybe consider making a toggle screen to allow each user to add or remove table columns he might need or not in the equipment section. Currently searching by rarity, encumbrance, skill used or a certain ability (e.g: auto-fire, disorient etc) is a real hassle as it doesn't always fit in the small window that is opened. Adding such Filters or better yet a table column (especially if you allow for a bigger resolution support) will make everyone's life much easier don't you think?

Well that's what i wanted to say, i hope it helps and a BIG BIG Thanks for all your work done.

p.s: this is the second time i am trying to write this message. The last time i tried adding a picture, failed, and it deleted the whole text... so if someone knows how do i post pictures and not just links i would greatly appreciate the help.

It would be great if I could do this, but in WinForms, it's a lot of work.  Maybe if I had used WPF...  I do handle DPI so controls and such will shrink and grow according to the display setting.

Found what I think is a bug with the Cracian Thumper. I checked with another guy in my group and he's having the same issue. When a thumper is selected in the inventory, the Add NPC button doesn't activate, while it does with all the other riding beasts.

The adversary import was misspelled "Thumber" :)  I fixed it, so it should work now.

On the Talents Summary Page it groups certain tiered talents like this:

Armor Master

Armor Master (Improved)

Armor Master (Supreme)

Body Guard

Body Guard (Improved)

Body Guard (Supreme)

Double or Nothing

Double or Nothing (Improved)

Double or Nothing (Supreme)

Hard Headed

Hard Headed (Improved)

It does not do it for:

Improved Speaks Binary

Speaks Binary

Supreme Speaks Binary

Quick Draw
Quickdraw (Improved) Needs the space put in between Quick and Draw.

I haven't noticed any others, but I'll let you know if I do.

Updated them all.  Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Just wanted to start off saying thanks for the incredible program, OggDude, and all the work you've put into it.

I've been looking through the generator and was wondering if there are any current (or future planned) ways to have temporary adjustments to characteristics reflected on the sheet. For example, one of my characters recently took the Enhance Force Power tree and several of the connected talents. This is shown on the printed sheets as a white Force die next to any applicable skill checks I can use Enhance with. However, I also took the subsequent Control talents which allow you to commit dice to increase certain characteristics, like Brawn or Agility. Enhance is one of the Force powers specifically called out on the sidebar on page 282 of Force and Destiny as one that you could theoretically leave dice committed for "even multiple sessions", and after speaking with the GM he's agreed that unless the plot says otherwise he'd be okay with just leaving the die committed to a characteristic indefinitely.

I couldn't find an easy way to have this reflected on the character sheet as either a hard increase to a characteristic, or even just a visual reminder that it could be a notch higher. Same goes for any skills that key off of a characteristic that could be increased; it would be nice to see the extra possible dice just like how the Force dice are shown. This would also be a good reminder for Encumbrance or melee damage, which would probably change dynamically along with the associated characteristic. It doesn't look like any of the GM Grants allow for a flat characteristic increase (or even just a free rank in Dedication), so I was hoping there would be another workaround.

Thanks again.

The generator is meant to be a preparation aid for creating, storing, and updating characters, groups, encounters, and the like.  It's not meant to be a play aid.  While a lot of people do have it up during game sessions for a reference or for creating quickie encounters or adversaries to print, it's really beyond the scope of the application to keep track of things on-the-fly.  Maybe someday, I'll add something like this.  As an alternative, you could try Fringer's Datapad.  I haven't used it, so I'm not sure of all it does, but I think it might be close to what you're looking for.

Most printed character sheets do have Note sections on almost all the pages.  You can use these to keep track of temporary conditions that are applied during play.  Personally, I put everything in plastic sheet protectors and write on them with wet erase markers.  

Oggy,

Awesome to have you back and working on your pet project that makes all of our gaming lives so much easier.

I don't suppose that you have now fixed all of the issues that have been discovered and are ready to release the finished 1.80 version, are you?

PLEASE!!!

Seriously, I really need the completed crafting tools.

Thanks for all you do!

Hey OggDude,

Just wanted to add that the character generator goes a bit bonkers when building a character and then buying another spec and then changing your career.

It wont let you remove the bought spec or the former spec if you switched completely to the new one.

(maybe consider "reseting everything below" when you go back up the generation ladder?)

I also happened upon when playing with the character generator that my characteristics "froze" and would not change (on the lower right side) not matter what i did but i couldn't find the reason for it.

Can you give me a way to reproduce this?  I've tried a bunch of combinations with this and I can't get it to break.  I've bought career specs, non-career specs, universal specs, then changed careers and starting specs, removed specs, and everything works fine.

Well you are right, i can't seem to reproduce this as well, maybe it happened after a lot of playing with different characters and a certain Ram or Memory leak happened. 

At the time i was trying to build a Pathfinder / Hermit but then switched completly to Hermit and it started doing the problems but i can't seem to reproduce it now under the same tries... so i guess that's ok  ^_^

Sorry for bothering you.

As you can probably tell by all my recent posts :) I've fixed everything that's been reported.  I need to do translations, but what I think I'll do is consolidate all of the new ones and just release it to my translators for the release after next.

About the whole Windows 7 compatibility thing, I going to do something and test it on my Win10 64-bit laptop to see if the problem goes away.  I did discover why I made the settings that I did, however; you can't modify code on the fly when it's running in 64-bit (at least, not with VS 2012).  I'm going to change my release settings, though, to see how it works.

Hey OggDude,

Well you are right, i can't seem to reproduce this as well, maybe it happened after a lot of playing with different characters and a certain Ram or Memory leak happened. 

At the time i was trying to build a Pathfinder / Hermit but then switched completly to Hermit and it started doing the problems but i can't seem to reproduce it now under the same tries... so i guess that's ok  ^_^

Sorry for bothering you.

Not a bother.  If there's a bug, I want to fix it :)

I just recieved this error while trying to plan out a Niman Jedi. I bought the Sage specialization and started buying talents downwards (from XP i didn't have) and this popped. 

I was trying to figure out how much XP needed for Force Rating upgrade.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SWCharGen.frmChooseSkill.get_SkillList()
at SWCharGen.frmChooseSkill.FillGrid(Boolean doCareer)
at SWCharGen.frmChooseSkill.ChooseSkills(CharTalent ctal, CharData myData, Character myChar, IWin32Window parent, Boolean forceCareer, Boolean forceSkill, Int32 ranks)
at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.mySpec_ChooseSkill(Object sender, ChooseCharEventArgs e)
at SWCharGen.SpecTree.Char_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at SWCharGen.SpecTree.SelectNode(SpecTreeNode node, Boolean selected, Boolean force)
at SWCharGen.SpecTree.Check_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SWCharGen
Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/SWCharGen.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SWCharGenCtlLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/SWCharGenCtlLib.DLL
SWCharGenLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/SWCharGenLib.DLL
HtmlRenderer.WinForms
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.6
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.6
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/HtmlRenderer.WinForms.DLL
HtmlRenderer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/HtmlRenderer.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.6.1084.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.Data.SqlServerCe
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 4.0.8876.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/System.Data.SqlServerCe.DLL
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.6.1082.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

edit: Happened again, when buying the smooth talker talent in the sage tree, when purchasing

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SWCharGen.frmChooseSkill.get_SkillList()
at SWCharGen.frmChooseSkill.FillGrid(Boolean doCareer)
at SWCharGen.frmChooseSkill.ChooseSkills(CharTalent ctal, CharData myData, Character myChar, IWin32Window parent, Boolean forceCareer, Boolean forceSkill, Int32 ranks)
at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.mySpec_ChooseSkill(Object sender, ChooseCharEventArgs e)
at SWCharGen.SpecTree.Char_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at SWCharGen.SpecTree.SelectNode(SpecTreeNode node, Boolean selected, Boolean force)
at SWCharGen.SpecTree.Check_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SWCharGen
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/SWCharGen.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SWCharGenCtlLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/SWCharGenCtlLib.DLL
SWCharGenLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/SWCharGenLib.DLL
HtmlRenderer.WinForms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/HtmlRenderer.WinForms.DLL
HtmlRenderer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/HtmlRenderer.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.6.1084.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.Data.SqlServerCe
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 4.0.8876.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Konstantin/Desktop/SWCharGen1.8BETA/System.Data.SqlServerCe.DLL
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.6.1082.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Metushelah

Hey guys

I don't know how often that was suggested/asked/something like that or if it is needed in any way.

But I think, that it is very annoying, that you need to look everything up in the rulebooks.

May I just put in the descriptions of the talents or are there legal consequences or so on?

Found what I think is a bug with the Cracian Thumper. I checked with another guy in my group and he's having the same issue. When a thumper is selected in the inventory, the Add NPC button doesn't activate, while it does with all the other riding beasts.

The adversary import was misspelled "Thumber" :)  I fixed it, so it should work now.

Fantastic! Thanks. Those pesky Thumbers

Thanks again.

The generator is meant to be a preparation aid for creating, storing, and updating characters, groups, encounters, and the like.  It's not meant to be a play aid.  While a lot of people do have it up during game sessions for a reference or for creating quickie encounters or adversaries to print, it's really beyond the scope of the application to keep track of things on-the-fly.  Maybe someday, I'll add something like this.  As an alternative, you could try Fringer's Datapad.  I haven't used it, so I'm not sure of all it does, but I think it might be close to what you're looking for.

Most printed character sheets do have Note sections on almost all the pages.  You can use these to keep track of temporary conditions that are applied during play.  Personally, I put everything in plastic sheet protectors and write on them with wet erase markers.  

Yes, Oggy is right. Fringer's Datapad does track committed force dice. Not all force powers are implemented yet, but Enhance is implemented. So if you commit a dice to (for example) increase strength, then all the relevant dice pools (Athletics, Brawl, Melee, ...) are adjusted, and the number of force dice you can roll with certain dice pools is also reduced. Datapad also changes your encumbrance capacity as required.

Here's a link the Datapad thread if you have any further questions or comments.

I just recieved this error while trying to plan out a Niman Jedi. I bought the Sage specialization and started buying talents downwards (from XP i didn't have) and this popped. 

I was trying to figure out how much XP needed for Force Rating upgrade.

It's already been fixed.  It was a bug in the skills dialog that was introduced when I had to modify it for crafting.

Also the character generator doesn't let you equip shock boots, an energy buckler and a blaster pistol at the same time... there seems to be a 2 equip limit (one for each hand I think) but wearing boots doesn't occupy your hands so there should be a separate equip_feet slot under the hood for feet so you couldn't wear shock boots and jump boots at the same time. Also i'm not sure that an energy buckler should take a hand equip slot because thr description in keeping the peace says it's basically just a watch or bracelet until you turn it on and the small force field projects from it, so you should still b3 able to hold a blaster pistol in the same hand

As you can probably tell by all my recent posts :) I've fixed everything that's been reported.  I need to do translations, but what I think I'll do is consolidate all of the new ones and just release it to my translators for the release after next.

About the whole Windows 7 compatibility thing, I going to do something and test it on my Win10 64-bit laptop to see if the problem goes away.  I did discover why I made the settings that I did, however; you can't modify code on the fly when it's running in 64-bit (at least, not with VS 2012).  I'm going to change my release settings, though, to see how it works.

Did you fix the printing bug?  Where if you pick vehicles w/rosters when printing an encounter, the 2nd page glitches at the top and it doesn't print all of one section.  Happens whenever I print adversaries, vehicles, rosters on the printout.

I'm having this strange problem with the character generator. For some reason, protect/unleash won't display in force powers, as well as a few others. I have all books selected as a source. Any idea what could be causing this?