OggDude

Another Character Generator

Hey Ogg! New feature request: A page in a Group print out for the GM that has a grid of all the skills and the players various dice pools. As a GM I like to make secret rolls against the players if certain circumstances arises, but I don't like to tip them off to this, so being able to see everyones dice poo, perhaps with the best and worst dice pool being highlighted would make it much more subtle than "who has the lowest perception?" or "Who has the highest stealth?"

Hey Ogg! New feature request: A page in a Group print out for the GM that has a grid of all the skills and the players various dice pools. As a GM I like to make secret rolls against the players if certain circumstances arises, but I don't like to tip them off to this, so being able to see everyones dice poo, perhaps with the best and worst dice pool being highlighted would make it much more subtle than "who has the lowest perception?" or "Who has the highest stealth?"

When you print groups, if you select "Show Member Details", it'll show the pools for perception, cool, vigilance, and discipline, which tend to be the most common skills that the GM might use behind his screen :)

OggDude, a little birdy told me you created the icon of a setback die with a minus in the middle of it to denote "remove one setback die" for your character generator.  Would you be opposed to someone adding that style of symbols to the font that's floating around, provided it was shared back to the community when finished?  

edit: tried to PM, but you're a popular dude.

Edited by themensch

Just a suggestion: it would be nice to have a quick reference for their cool and Vigilance checks on the individual stat blocks. Some times I for get which one goes with which stat.

Edited by sevick

Oggdude. I still have an issue with minon/npc wounds being too low. Where do I see where the values are stored in files without the view that adjusts stats? Why is it lower by one? 

Also I wanted to add the descriptins of talents into the talents field. When I do that what links the custom description to the orig data? I was thinking about using google apps sync to sync the custom folder so I can work on it from multiple computers and out to a couple remote players so that they can auto sync with their utility and not have to backup/restore data. When I try this as a test the files do replicate but the application doesnt add the custom description. THe first page shows there are custom entries. Is there some file that marks how they are linked?

Edited by Vindowviper

Oggdude. I still have an issue with minon/npc wounds being too low. Where do I see where the values are stored in files without the view that adjusts stats? Why is it lower by one? 

Also I wanted to add the descriptins of talents into the talents field. When I do that what links the custom description to the orig data? I was thinking about using google apps sync to sync the custom folder so I can work on it from multiple computers and out to a couple remote players so that they can auto sync with their utility and not have to backup/restore data. When I try this as a test the files do replicate but the application doesnt add the custom description. THe first page shows there are custom entries. Is there some file that marks how they are linked?

I think you are doing the math wrong. Because near as i can tell the sheet does the math right. 

Mine have 4. The stat specifically says 4. My atrributes have a 2 and 2   I have to manually add one. All imports for all files do this.

Base 2   Char 2

XML Stormtrooper minion has Base 2 Char 3 ??????

Edited by Vindowviper

Mine have 4. The stat specifically says 4. My atrributes have a 2 and 2   I have to manually add one. All imports for all files do this.

Base 2   Char 2

what version are you running? Cause mine are right. 

OggDude, a little birdy told me you created the icon of a setback die with a minus in the middle of it to denote "remove one setback die" for your character generator.  Would you be opposed to someone adding that style of symbols to the font that's floating around, provided it was shared back to the community when finished?  

edit: tried to PM, but you're a popular dude.

Yeah, go for it.  People seem to understand the minus sign more than the old X that I had originally.  I think the black square with the X was making them think that they were missing a graphic or something :)

Base 2   Char 2

what version are you running? Cause mine are right. 

I did fix a bug where it was showing the wrong wounds for some adversaries.  It'll be in the next release.  But so far, I only have one or two fixes, so I'm saving them up :)

Edit:  This is all I have so far for the next release:

• In adversaries, there was an error calculating the proper wound and strain, based upon base stats.  This has been fixed.
  • In adversaries, when converting a PC to an adversary, talents from equipment were being applied multiple times.  This has been fixed.
Edited by OggDude

Ogg, from the FAQ the user data is stored in update now. Does this mean it's safe to simply install any update over the top of the current one?  Cheers!

Never mind, I found it in the full documentation.

Edited by MrDodger

Hey OggDude, love the tool. Had a quick question though. Is there a flag to indicate a weapon is allowed to stack like grenades? My player's have an armory for their mercenary company and it's a pain to have 10+ entries for the same Blaster Carbine.

Hey OggDude, love the tool. Had a quick question though. Is there a flag to indicate a weapon is allowed to stack like grenades? My player's have an armory for their mercenary company and it's a pain to have 10+ entries for the same Blaster Carbine.

They do not stack because they could all be moded. A better way to go is to take the generic item of the appropriate encumbrance. Rename blaster carbine and call it good. That will stack. 

They do not stack because they could all be moded. A better way to go is to take the generic item of the appropriate encumbrance. Rename blaster carbine and call it good. That will stack.

But as you could potentially add HP to any reasonable item, in theory any item could be modded? I would prefer stacking to be the default and non-stacking to be the exception?

Weapons are items that are likely to be modded. people don't tend to modify items with out hard points. And Weapons and armor are the most commonly modded items. So it makes sense for them not to stack. But all you have to do is add a generic item which is in the equipment list of the right encumbrance. They stack and you can rename it blaster carbine. Problem solved. 

I am seeing something in version 1.4.5.0... not sure whether it's a bug or a misunderstanding on my part how something works. No matter how much obligation I add to a character, the +10 options are not becoming enabled.

I am seeing something in version 1.4.5.0... not sure whether it's a bug or a misunderstanding on my part how something works. No matter how much obligation I add to a character, the +10 options are not becoming enabled.

Obligation and duty options work correctly.  I have a rather lengthy explanation of how they work in the FAQ.

Big fan of this tool, but I really wish the GM tools wouldn't crash so much while I was inputting special ability descriptions. Is this a known bug? Are there any fixes or workaround for it?

Also, as far as the GM tools go, the ability to search for/filter out talents by specialization or something like you can in the PC builder would be great.

Im running into a issue where if I enter in a talent description with special characters such as boost dice and force points. they end up not saving as intended most the time and i get odd characters.

Edited by Tassedar

Big fan of this tool, but I really wish the GM tools wouldn't crash so much while I was inputting special ability descriptions. Is this a known bug? Are there any fixes or workaround for it?

Also, as far as the GM tools go, the ability to search for/filter out talents by specialization or something like you can in the PC builder would be great.

I haven't had a crash in the GM Tools.  Are you doing something specific when this happens?