OggDude

Another Character Generator

For Smooth Talker, you can only select a single skill from the list no matter how many ranks you have in the talent.

Is this per the FFG RAW? I looked for a rules clarification about this on this forum and I found someone who asked the same question in the errata thread but that question wasn't answered (by anyone, dev or fan).

For Smooth Talker, you can only select a single skill from the list no matter how many ranks you have in the talent.

Is this per the FFG RAW? I looked for a rules clarification about this on this forum and I found someone who asked the same question in the errata thread but that question wasn't answered (by anyone, dev or fan).

The AoR CRB has a slightly more specific description of the talent (page 156):

When a character first acquires this talent, he chooses one skill:  Charm, Coercion, Negotiation, or Deception.  When making checks with that skill, he may spend [Tr] to gain additional [su] equal to his ranks in Smooth Talker.

So yeah, ranks are just for more successes, not for more skills.

Link appears to be down, cant download it, too much traffic?

DropBox is picky about bandwidth usage when you have a free account.  So, my public DropBox links tend to get randomly suspended, depending on how many people are downloading the apps at any given period of time.

So far, Copy.com seems to be cool with downloads.  This is probably because they're not used as often :D  So, try using the Copy.com links.  For my personal install, I use Copy.com.

Both sets of links are in my signature, below.

Hey OggDude.  Hope you are doing well.  I have been using the tool lately in a new campaign and it has helped tremendously with character creation and encounter management for me as the GM.

POSSIBLE ERROR?

I think that the talent of "Burly" is not working correctly, or might not be accounting correctly for encumbrance.  When a character takes "Burly", it is supposed to lower the cumbersome and encumbrance of weapons 1 level per rank to a minimum of 1.  But I don't think it is doing it.  An encumbrance 3 weapon is still a 3 even after the character takes the talent.  The character has a "Blaster Rifle" of encumbrance 3 and it does not reduce to 2.  Not sure if this is a bug or just a giant pain to account for, but I thought I would let you know.  Currently, we just account for it manually and ignore the indication of encumbrance on the character sheet.  

Many thanks!

Lobo

Hey OggDude.  Hope you are doing well.  I have been using the tool lately in a new campaign and it has helped tremendously with character creation and encounter management for me as the GM.

POSSIBLE ERROR?
I think that the talent of "Burly" is not working correctly, or might not be accounting correctly for encumbrance.  When a character takes "Burly", it is supposed to lower the cumbersome and encumbrance of weapons 1 level per rank to a minimum of 1.  But I don't think it is doing it.  An encumbrance 3 weapon is still a 3 even after the character takes the talent.  The character has a "Blaster Rifle" of encumbrance 3 and it does not reduce to 2.  Not sure if this is a bug or just a giant pain to account for, but I thought I would let you know.  Currently, we just account for it manually and ignore the indication of encumbrance on the character sheet.  

Many thanks!

Lobo

I was under the impression that Burly only reduced the ENC of Cumbersome weapons.  Was I mistaken or is that why it didn't modify it?  I am AFPC. (with it loaded)

Edited by FangGrip

POSSIBLE ERROR?

Many thanks!

Lobo

You need to at least Carry the item in order for the reduction to take place.

The lightsaber damage seems off, it seems to have stopped calculating the shoto hilt -1 dam. And seems to be adding up wrong. Can you double chack all the math is being calculated?

I just added a barab ingot (base damage 8) to a shoto hilt and it's showing damage as 7.

What attachments and mods are you using?

Hmm, the character is carrying and equipping the blaster rifle and it is not reducing the encumbrance rating.  It is still adding 3, instead of the 2.

Here are some screenshots:

Before with Burly RANK 1 selected: 6/9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6tocnipqvmo6nx/Encumbrance%201.PNG?dl=0

After Equipping the rifle. 9/9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t220omi6rba85y0/Encumbrance%202.PNG?dl=0

Edited by Lobosolo

The lightsaber damage seems off, it seems to have stopped calculating the shoto hilt -1 dam. And seems to be adding up wrong. Can you double chack all the math is being calculated?

I just added a barab ingot (base damage 8) to a shoto hilt and it's showing damage as 7.

I have a dantari crystal. Base damage 7. on my sheet it is showing it as 8. It is in a shoto hilt. I have a brawn of 2. I have done no mods. 

Hmm, the character is carrying and equipping the blaster rifle and it is not reducing the encumbrance rating.  It is still adding 3, instead of the 2.

As far as I know, the Blaster Rifle normally has an encumbrance of 4, so adding 3 is correct.  Here's my results.  This is before equipping the blaster rifle (notice, it has enc of 4):

EncBefore.png

And here's after it's carried.  Enc drops to 3, and that's all that's added:

EncAfter.png

This is with the Heavy spec added and Burly selected on the top left.

I have a dantari crystal. Base damage 7. on my sheet it is showing it as 8. It is in a shoto hilt. I have a brawn of 2. I have done no mods. 

I just tried it with a dantari crystal and on my end, it's showing up as a 6 damage.  Do you have any talents that would add 2 to your damage?  Remember that "Shown" weapons try to incorporate all attachment and talent bonuses to damage so you don't have to do the math while you're playing.

I just tried it with a dantari crystal and on my end, it's showing up as a 6 damage.  Do you have any talents that would add 2 to your damage?  Remember that "Shown" weapons try to incorporate all attachment and talent bonuses to damage so you don't have to do the math while you're playing.

Ataru striker no damage bonuses from talents. In tonight's game i added one damage mod and and the decreased crit mod. and now it is showing 10 damage. Something is definitely goofy. 

Ataru striker no damage bonuses from talents. In tonight's game i added one damage mod and and the decreased crit mod. and now it is showing 10 damage. Something is definitely goofy. 

Does the description of the dantari crystal say that it's base damage is 7?  Did you make any custom changes to the hilt or the crystal attachment?  Did you check the talent list of your character sheet and see if one of them might do extra damage?

Do a search in ItemAttachments.xml and see if the crystal looks like the following:

<ItemAttachment>
    <Key>DANTARI</Key>
    <Name>Dantari Crystal</Name>
    <Description>[H3]Dantari Crystal[h3]
Please see page 136 of the Force and Destiny Beta Rulebook for details.
</Description>
    <Source>Force and Destiny Beta Rulebook</Source>
    <Sources />
    <Type>Weapon</Type>
    <ItemLimit />
    <SkillLimit />
    <TypeLimit />
    <CategoryLimit>
      <Category>Lightsaber</Category>
    </CategoryLimit>
    <Price>12000</Price>
    <Rarity>9</Rarity>
    <Restricted>true</Restricted>
    <ModPrice>0</ModPrice>
    <HP>2</HP>
    <JuryRigged>false</JuryRigged>
    <BaseMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMSET</Key>
        <Count>7</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>CRITSET</Key>
        <Count>2</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>BREACH</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
        <QualReplace>true</QualReplace>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>SUNDER</Key>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key />
        <Count>1</Count>
        <MiscDesc>When making a Force power check as part of a combat check, may spend [FORCEPOINT] to recover 2 strain.</MiscDesc>
      </Mod>
    </BaseMods>
    <AddedMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>CRITSUB</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMADD</Key>
        <Count>2</Count>
      </Mod>
    </AddedMods>
  </ItemAttachment>

While you're at it, search Weapons.xml and make sure the hilt looks like this:

<Weapon>
    <Key>LTSABERSHOTOHILT</Key>
    <Name>Shoto Hilt</Name>
    <Description>
      [H3]Shoto[h3]
      Please see page 125 of the Force and Destiny Beta Rulebook for details.
    </Description>
    <SkillKey>LTSABER</SkillKey>
    <Damage>0</Damage>
    <DamageAdd>0</DamageAdd>
    <Crit>0</Crit>
    <Range>Engaged</Range>
    <Encumbrance>1</Encumbrance>
    <HP>3</HP>
    <Price>300</Price>
    <Rarity>6</Rarity>
    <Restricted>false</Restricted>
    <Type>Lightsaber</Type>
    <NoMelee>true</NoMelee>
    <Categories>
    </Categories>
    <Qualities>
      <Quality>
        <Key>ACCURATE</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Quality>
    </Qualities>
    <BaseMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMSUB</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
    </BaseMods>
  </Weapon>

Finally, make sure you have the latest version of the software.  The launcher should show 1.4.5.3.

You can also try creating a new character and then adding the hilt and crystal attachment and see what it looks like.  You may have a talent that's adding damage that you're not aware of.

As far as I know, the Blaster Rifle normally has an encumbrance of 4, so adding 3 is correct.  Here's my results.  This is before equipping the blaster rifle (notice, it has enc of 4):

EncBefore.png

And here's after it's carried.  Enc drops to 3, and that's all that's added:

EncAfter.png

This is with the Heavy spec added and Burly selected on the top left.

OMG!  You are totally right!  I stupidly did all of my testing within the character that had burly selected already....so the encumbrance was 3.  Thank you.  That was driving me crazy.  My player rolled him first and he was the only one with a heavy weapon, so I didn't check in the others.

Sorry for wasting your time on this one....

User error.   :(

Does the description of the dantari crystal say that it's base damage is 7?  Did you make any custom changes to the hilt or the crystal attachment?  Did you check the talent list of your character sheet and see if one of them might do extra damage?

Do a search in ItemAttachments.xml and see if the crystal looks like the following:

<ItemAttachment>
    <Key>DANTARI</Key>
</Description>
    <Sources />
    <Type>Weapon</Type>
    <ItemLimit />
    <SkillLimit />
    <TypeLimit />
    <CategoryLimit>
    </CategoryLimit>
    <Price>12000</Price>
    <Rarity>9</Rarity>
    <ModPrice>0</ModPrice>
    <HP>2</HP>
    <BaseMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMSET</Key>
        <Count>7</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>CRITSET</Key>
        <Count>2</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>BREACH</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>SUNDER</Key>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key />
        <Count>1</Count>
        <MiscDesc>When making a Force power check as part of a combat check, may spend [FORCEPOINT] to recover 2 strain.</MiscDesc>
      </Mod>
    </BaseMods>
    <AddedMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>CRITSUB</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMADD</Key>
        <Count>2</Count>
      </Mod>
    </AddedMods>
  </ItemAttachment>

<Weapon>
    <Name>Shoto Hilt</Name>
    <Description>
      [H3]Shoto[h3]
    </Description>
    <Damage>0</Damage>
    <DamageAdd>0</DamageAdd>
    <Crit>0</Crit>
    <Range>Engaged</Range>
    <HP>3</HP>
    <Price>300</Price>
    <Rarity>6</Rarity>
    <Type>Lightsaber</Type>
    <NoMelee>true</NoMelee>
    <Categories>
    </Categories>
    <Qualities>
      <Quality>
        <Key>ACCURATE</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Quality>
    </Qualities>
    <BaseMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMSUB</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
    </BaseMods>
  </Weapon>

Finally, make sure you have the latest version of the software.  The launcher should show 1.4.5.3.

You can also try creating a new character and then adding the hilt and crystal attachment and see what it looks like.  You may have a talent that's adding damage that you're not aware of.

Where are these files...I can't find them. I can find a bunch of folders in appdata. But not the specific files. I also notice a bunch of folders with random characters in the appdata folder that it would be good for your installer to clean up when it is done installing...

<ItemAttachment>
    <Key>DANTARI</Key>
</Description>
    <Sources />
    <Type>Weapon</Type>
    <ItemLimit />
    <SkillLimit />
    <TypeLimit />
    <CategoryLimit>
    </CategoryLimit>
    <Price>12000</Price>
    <Rarity>9</Rarity>
    <ModPrice>0</ModPrice>
    <HP>2</HP>
    <BaseMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMSET</Key>
        <Count>7</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>CRITSET</Key>
        <Count>2</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>BREACH</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>SUNDER</Key>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key />
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
    </BaseMods>
    <AddedMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>CRITSUB</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMADD</Key>
        <Count>2</Count>
      </Mod>
    </AddedMods>
  </ItemAttachment>

<Weapon>
    <Name>Shoto Hilt</Name>
    <Description>
      [H3]Shoto[h3]
    </Description>
    <Damage>0</Damage>
    <DamageAdd>0</DamageAdd>
    <Crit>0</Crit>
    <Range>Engaged</Range>
    <HP>3</HP>
    <Price>300</Price>
    <Rarity>6</Rarity>
    <Type>Lightsaber</Type>
    <NoMelee>true</NoMelee>
    <Categories>
    </Categories>
    <Qualities>
      <Quality>
        <Key>ACCURATE</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Quality>
    </Qualities>
    <BaseMods>
      <Mod>
        <Key>DAMSUB</Key>
        <Count>1</Count>
      </Mod>
    </BaseMods>
  </Weapon>

Where are these files...I can't find them. I can find a bunch of folders in appdata. But not the specific files. I also notice a bunch of folders with random characters in the appdata folder that it would be good for your installer to clean up when it is done installing...

From the launcher, click "App Folder", then open the Data directory.  The files should be there.  Also, you can run the editor and make sure that neither the hilt nor the crystal have been customized.

Not sure what random characters you saw, but the installer is Microsoft's, not mine :)  It does what it does and I really have no control over it.

Are there any instructions for creating a new Specialisation?

Click "Manual" from the launcher. Go to page 42 :)  Are you having a specific issue with it?

Thanks for the reminder.  I've been meaning to comment on how awesome and extensive your documentation is.  I'm used to little to no documentation on programs other than big publisher stuff, and you have over 100 pages between the manual and FAQ.  Very impressive and well done.