OggDude

Another Character Generator

FangGrip, I'll look at the book, the sword he had found was a +2 with a crit of 4 and defensive 1. I only have so many of the books, I'll have to see if I can locate it.

So far as I know, we have every known melee weapon listed on the FFG Star Wars RPG Index page at http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment/weapons/category/3/?order_by=damage

Take a look and see if you find your sword there, and then you should be able to use that information to find it in OggDude’s program.

First off I love the program, all of my group uses it and enough good things can't be said about it. 

I don't know if this has been covered or not but here goes. I have chosen the Seeker, Ataru Striker form Force and Destiny. On the Talent tree I have selected Ataru technique which allows me to use Agility instead of Brawn for my lightsaber skill. The program does not recognize this change and still list my skill description and dice pool based off of Brawn. Is there a work around this or do I just need to print out the sheets and annotate it how it should be?

Thanks for the help.

First off I love the program, all of my group uses it and enough good things can't be said about it. 

I don't know if this has been covered or not but here goes. I have chosen the Seeker, Ataru Striker form Force and Destiny. On the Talent tree I have selected Ataru technique which allows me to use Agility instead of Brawn for my lightsaber skill. The program does not recognize this change and still list my skill description and dice pool based off of Brawn. Is there a work around this or do I just need to print out the sheets and annotate it how it should be?

Thanks for the help.

Look at the top right of the specialization pane.  You should see a button called "Skill Char".  Use that to reassign a characteristic to a skill.

OggDude,

First, I hope you got my donation.

Ok. got that the items with hard points can't be purchased in multiple copies. Thats was what I was trying to figure out, I hadn't had a chance to skim the instructions for that info. One of my players had gotten some bolos, 3 of them. So I'll let him know that for future changes to his PC.  

FangGrip, I'll look at the book, the sword he had found was a +2 with a crit of 4 and defensive 1. I only have so many of the books, I'll have to see if I can locate it.

Thanks for the pointer.

KSW

Thanks for the donation!!  I really appreciate it!

You can always add your own sword using the data editor if one doesn't exist with the stats that you want.  All weapons from all books should be present in the data, unless I missed something somewhere :)

Thanks for the help.

Look at the top right of the specialization pane.  You should see a button called "Skill Char".  Use that to reassign a characteristic to a skill.

Awesome thanks!

OggDude,

When I create minion groups I notice each minion is 1 wound short in the calculations. 4 instead of 5. This is also represented in the printed out stat blocks and wound checklist. Is this an error or am I understanding this wrong? Whether I import an existing or create a new entry they seem 1 off.

Edited by Vindowviper

OggDude,

When I create minion groups I notice each minion is 1 wound short in the calculations. 4 instead of 5. This is also represented in the printed out stat blocks and wound checklist. Is this an error or am I understanding this wrong? Whether I import an existing or create a new entry they seem 1 off.

What do you mean by one off?  I do have a "standard" starting value for wound and strain, depending on the adversary type, but the actual value can be customized in the Attributes pane.

Oggdude,

I wanted to say thanks for the work you do on this program. You are not getting paid for it yet you still do it for all of us. Again, thank you.

Salcor

When I import say a minion, imperial army/navy/stormtrooper etc  their wounds get set to 4. Assuming their data is in the XML when I look at the xml and the 2 stats it seems to add up show 5 but the application, stat blocks etc all show 4 like there is some sort of math bug somewhere showing 4 instead of 5.  All seem to be off/lower than what they should be.

Hey OggDude, great apps! Thanks again for all of your hard work!

I've discovered a bug in the GM Tools app. For the Stat Block image, it's misreporting the Quick Strike talent for a PC Nemesis character. The character has 1 rank from a talent tree selection and 1 rank from an item attachment. The character sheet shown in the character generator is fine, displaying 2 ranks. But the stat block in the GM tools displays '26' in the app and '18' on a saved image file. I've bundled up the .xml and .pdf of the character, and a .png of the stat block in a .rar archive for your perusal.

I've a request for a feature addition to the GM Tools: please add a button to allow a reload of PC Nemesis files. Currently these are only loaded when the app is launched. It'd be convenient if we didn't have to close down and relaunch the GM Tools to reload PCs that might have been changed in the character generator app while the GM Tools is running.

Edited by ShadoWarrior

Hey OggDude, i just want to thank you for your great work!

I just found this gem and will be using it in my group as soon as i translated it all in german (my english is bad, theirs is far worse :lol: )

Am i allowed to give my friends the translated version, if i add a link to your file? I'm sure one or two of them will be glad they don't need me to maintain (manage? administrate?) their characters for them :P

Sincerely,

your fat green Twi'lek Jedi

Rei'O'Ta Vao

Hey OggDude, great apps! Thanks again for all of your hard work!

I've discovered a bug in the GM Tools app. For the Stat Block image, it's misreporting the Quick Strike talent for a PC Nemesis character. The character has 1 rank from a talent tree selection and 1 rank from an item attachment. The character sheet shown in the character generator is fine, displaying 2 ranks. But the stat block in the GM tools displays '26' in the app and '18' on a saved image file. I've bundled up the .xml and .pdf of the character, and a .png of the stat block in a .rar archive for your perusal.

I've a request for a feature addition to the GM Tools: please add a button to allow a reload of PC Nemesis files. Currently these are only loaded when the app is launched. It'd be convenient if we didn't have to close down and relaunch the GM Tools to reload PCs that might have been changed in the character generator app while the GM Tools is running.

There was a bug in the talent calculation.  I fixed it, so it'll be in the next release.

You don't need a button to reload data in the GM Tools.  It automatically detects when an outside app modifies something and will reload it.

Hey OggDude, i just want to thank you for your great work!

I just found this gem and will be using it in my group as soon as i translated it all in german (my english is bad, theirs is far worse :lol: )

Am i allowed to give my friends the translated version, if i add a link to your file? I'm sure one or two of them will be glad they don't need me to maintain (manage? administrate?) their characters for them :P

Sincerely,

your fat green Twi'lek Jedi

Rei'O'Ta Vao

It's up to you how you handle your descriptions.  I just won't include them in the apps.  You may consider using a cloud service to host your data directory.  That way, all your players can share characters, descriptions, custom items, etc.

Hi all- rather than dig through 204 pages, is there an alt downlaod, as the Dropbox links seem to have been disabled due to high traffic volumes! 

The tool looks epic and I am desperate to use it!!

Many thanks

Russ

When printing an encounter, if the encounter text nears a page in length, the initiative tracker doesn't get pushed to the next page, but rather just cuts off without printing. Is there any way to fix this?

(My temporary fix is just to cut the encounters down to smaller bits.)

Edited by Simon Fix

great work. thank you very much.

i have question, i can`t find where i can add the signature skill tree.

( sorry if this question has been asked already I have tried to find it in this tread)

When printing an encounter, if the encounter text nears a page in length, the initiative tracker doesn't get pushed to the next page, but rather just cuts off without printing. Is there any way to fix this?

I don't think I ever envisioned the init tracker and the notes as taking up more than one page :)  The easiest way to fix it would be to cut down on the size of the notes section.  You must have some pretty complex notes if it's running off of the page.

great work. thank you very much.

i have question, i can`t find where i can add the signature skill tree.

( sorry if this question has been asked already I have tried to find it in this tread)

The Signature Abilities button will automatically appear whenever a career specialization has the proper bottom-tier talents purchased that matches an available signature ability for that class.  This is similar to how the Force Powers button appears only if you have a Force Rating of 1+.

I don't think I ever envisioned the init tracker and the notes as taking up more than one page :)  The easiest way to fix it would be to cut down on the size of the notes section.  You must have some pretty complex notes if it's running off of the page.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've done, chopping each encounter into two parts. I'm in the process of writing out the entire campaign using your program. Each encounter includes things like NPC chatter and locale descriptions, so the notes get a little heavy. 

In the Quartermaster tree, selecting Smooth Talker from Row 1, Column 2 does not pop up the skill selection window. Then selecting Smooth Talker from Row 2, Column 1 only grants 1 skill selection (instead of 2 available), which associated skill is then shown as having been selected twice, even though no skill selection was permitted for the first checked-off talent.

So I tried using the generator since it would be easier that keeping track on paper, I got about halfway through when i realized, I had no way to add extra specilizations, am i missing something?

So I tried using the generator since it would be easier that keeping track on paper, I got about halfway through when i realized, I had no way to add extra specilizations, am i missing something?

Left column, in the Specilisations section (8th button option, under Characteristics), at the top you will see "Select Specilisations:" and in that row there is "Purchase" which is where you add the new specs to your character.

Edited by DarkHorse

In the Quartermaster tree, selecting Smooth Talker from Row 1, Column 2 does not pop up the skill selection window. Then selecting Smooth Talker from Row 2, Column 1 only grants 1 skill selection (instead of 2 available), which associated skill is then shown as having been selected twice, even though no skill selection was permitted for the first checked-off talent.

It seems to work OK for me.  For Smooth Talker, you can only select a single skill from the list no matter how many ranks you have in the talent.  When I tested it, it popped up the dialog for the first selection of the talent, but not for the second (since the skill had already been selected).  Maybe you had already selected the talent and hadn't realized it?

You can always change your mind if you want to by clicking the little "Play" button in the lower right corner of the talent panel.  This will bring up the skill selection dialog and allow you to change which skill is applied to Smooth Talker.  This is true for any talent that has user input:  clicking the "Play" button allows you to change your selection (whatever it is).