OggDude

Another Character Generator

Ok, I thought that by removing it I could save a sheet out of each 3 or so but if it you already designed it so that it does not increase the needed amount of paper then I am satisfied. Thanks for your time!!

Umm.. I mean the big square for Notes at the bottom of any Encounter printout. I am right now watching a .pdf o a encounter I created and though it is empty it still appears. Maybe I am not making myself clear.

The notes section is automatically added to fill up extra space at the bottom of sheets.  If it wasn't there, there'd be a big blank spot :) so it doesn't use any more paper than if it wasn't there.  It's printer-friendly in all print styles, but if you're really worried about ink, just use the "simplified" style.

I actually prefer the simplified just for the appearance value.  

Ok, I thought that by removing it I could save a sheet out of each 3 or so but if it you already designed it so that it does not increase the needed amount of paper then I am satisfied. Thanks for your time!!

The amount of information displayed on a page depends on the items being displayed and the minimum size of a block of information.  For encounters, groups display the stat block header, the information section, plus the encounter tracking section.  The information section can be broken down into parts, as can the tracking section if you're tracking individual adversaries.  

So, say, a group of rivals is started in the middle of a page.  It'll show the stat block header, then attempt to show all the information.  If only part of the information will fit on the page (say, up to "Special Abilities"), it'll stop there, fill the rest of the sheet with a "Notes" section, if there's room, and then continue on the next page.  On the next page, the stat block header will repeat (for reference, so you don't have to flip pages to see it), then the information section will continue from where it left off, followed by the tracking section.

Likewise, if the stat block and information sections fit fine on a page, but there's only room for 2 out of 5 trackers for the rivals, it'll display the stat block, information, and rivals 1-2 on the page, fill up any extra space with a "Notes" section (if there's room), then on the next page, it'll replicate the stat block, then continue with rivals 3-5 in the tracking section.

It an upcoming section that won't fit completely is large, the notes section will be larger.  If it's small, the notes section will be smaller, or maybe not be there at all (a minimum amount of space has to exist before notes are added).   This is true for all printed sheets.  For the character sheet, they're divided into description sheets, social sheets, ability sheets, etc.  If a character doesn't have a lot of obligation or motivations, or if there's no story, the social sheet, for instance, might be rather small.  So, there could be a large notes section at the bottom.  Or, if there's a bunch of obligation, duty, motivations, etc, plus a story, the social "sheet" might take up two sheets.  In either case, the blank space at the bottom will be filled with a notes section, assuming there's a minimum amount of room for it to exist.

And that's the story behind the "Notes" section :)  More than anyone really wanted to know, I'm guessing :D

Umm.. I mean the big square for Notes at the bottom of any Encounter printout. I am right now watching a .pdf o a encounter I created and though it is empty it still appears. Maybe I am not making myself clear.

The notes section is automatically added to fill up extra space at the bottom of sheets.  If it wasn't there, there'd be a big blank spot :) so it doesn't use any more paper than if it wasn't there.  It's printer-friendly in all print styles, but if you're really worried about ink, just use the "simplified" style.

I actually prefer the simplified just for the appearance value.  

I used to use simplified for everything.  But when I added the "no background" color style, I actually prefer that now.  It's not as ink-friendly as simplified, but it by no means drains your cartridge either.  I think it's a good compromise style with a dash of color to make things pretty :)

Out of curiosity, does anyone use the "Skins" feature from the launcher?  I have mine set to the Force and Destiny skin, since I think it has the best look and color combinations of the three.

Out of curiosity, does anyone use the "Skins" feature from the launcher?  I have mine set to the Force and Destiny skin, since I think it has the best look and color combinations of the three.

I've browsed them, but I tend to default to EotE.

Hmm...shouldn't they also be vehicles in case you want to ride one?  Especially with the barding and platforms.

Did they spec them out as vehicles in SoT?  I didn't see them if they did.

How do we get the last 2 updates...I just downloaded from your sig, and it is still 1.4.5.0

The generator will say 1.4.5.0 because it didn't change.  The launcher will show 1.4.5.2.  That's the release.  For normal releases, I'll change all the version numbers.  For bug-fix releases, I only change the versions of the components that changed.  It's a nuisance to do it and I'm lazy :)

How do we get the last 2 updates...I just downloaded from your sig, and it is still 1.4.5.0

The generator will say 1.4.5.0 because it didn't change.  The launcher will show 1.4.5.2.  That's the release.  For normal releases, I'll change all the version numbers.  For bug-fix releases, I only change the versions of the components that changed.  It's a nuisance to do it and I'm lazy :)

Lazy is NOT one of the words I would use to describe you.  Not even if I was told to choose the first 100 words I could think of to describe you.

The inquisitor rules allows you to build a very powerful nemesis (for a typical party, the inquisitors are roughly BBEG level in challenge.) by purchasing the inquisitors characteristics, skills, and abilities a la carte. I've used them a lot to make big bads.

The inquisitor rules allows you to build a very powerful nemesis (for a typical party, the inquisitors are roughly BBEG level in challenge.) by purchasing the inquisitors characteristics, skills, and abilities a la carte. I've used them a lot to make big bads.

Gotcha.  So it would be similar to character creation using a point system, and that is what Cilionelle is looking for.  I would think that the GM tool's nemesis would work fine otherwise for keeping their stats.

Gotcha.  So it would be similar to character creation using a point system, and that is what Cilionelle is looking for.  I would think that the GM tool's nemesis would work fine otherwise for keeping their stats.

It is more than making a typical nemesis.

It has starting characteristics based on a set of certain amounts of 5/4/3/2s

It has skills based on the type of inquisitor.

It has a general set of skills that an amount can be chosen from

It has a general set of talents that an amount can be chosen from

It has a recommended selection of gear and weapons.

If it is added to the character generator it should have an option to "keep book suggested limits" or "ignore book suggested limits" as well so if your Players are crazy powerful you can appropriately ramp up the inquisitor.

Part of the Inquisitor rules in the FaD Beta is that they provide a set block of skills based on an archetype (Warlord, Mastermind, Traveler, Acolyte, etc) and a few pre-determined set-ups for Force powers (Move, Influence, Unleash), as well as a host of other special qualities.

This can all be done in the GM Tools as it currently exists (and have done so before), but it can be a tad time consuming to flag all the various skills that an Inquisitor gets.

When the FaD Core comes out, I'll look into adding Inquisitor creation.  What it'll probably do (off the top of my head) is give you a means to generate, with certain options and criteria, a nemesis adversary that you can then customize to your heart's content using the adversary editor.