OggDude

Another Character Generator

I apologize if this has been addressed (a lot of info to sift through), but was there beta errata changing the cost of the Heal/Harm basic power in Force and Destiny Beta? The Beta book lists the cost as 10 for the basic power, but in the generator it is listed as 20. I didn't see anything in any of the beta updates that suggested the printed number is incorrect. Was there an update elsewhere?

Thanks!

Are you sure you are looking at the final update?  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/force-and-destiny/support/Beta%20Errata%2010.pdf

Hmmm... I thought I was, but it would appear I was mistaken. :wacko:

Thanks, guys!

The latest release is now ready (or it will be in about 20 minutes).  This release mainly fixes some data errors, adds a bunch of tweaks, and includes a number of minor new features.  Enjoy!

Release 1.4.2.0

New/Changed Data:

• Beast-Hide Armor had the wrong encumbrance.  It is now correct.
  • "Storm" Charge Suit had the wrong encumbrance.  It is now correct.
  • Flak Vest had the wrong encumbrance.  It is now correct.
  • Protector 1 Combar Armor had the wrong encumbrance.  It is now correct.
  • "Steelskin" Anti-Concussive Armor had the wrong encumbrance.  It is now correct.
  • Padded Armor had the wrong encumbrance.  It is now correct.
  • Added starship profiles for the Syliure-25 Hyperdrive Sled, the Syliure-31 Hyperdrive Docking Ring, the TIE/SH, and TIE/BR.  They were in sidebars and I missed them the first time around.
  • Changed the Vicious quality of the Fusion Cutter to Vicious 3 instead of 1.
  • Changed the sensor range of the Preybird-class Starfighter to Close.
  • Changed the sensor range of the HLAF-500 Starfighter to Short.
  • Changed the sensor range of the Delta-7 Interceptor to Close.

New Features/Enhancements:

• Added the speed track to vehicles on encounter sheets, along with an expanded shield panel that lets you keep track of current shield values.  These were actually added in 1.3.7, I just forgot to mention it.
  • Added a new option for printing group sheets.  If a group sheet includes duty, you may now choose whether or not to show zero-sized Duty entries.  This can be useful during play to know the type of duty each PC has, even if it can't be triggered.
  • Added a section on the vehicle sheet for keeping track of active actions, such as Evasive Maneuvers or Stay on Target.  You can check or uncheck these actions as they're performed or expired.
  • To support the above feature, the vehicle action editor has a check box to set an action as lasting for an amount of time after it is performed.  These are the actions that will be displayed in the active action panel on the vehicle sheet.
  • Changed the printed display of some of the larger numbers (such as credit amounts) to include decimal separators.  For US versions of Windows, this means comma-separated numbers, but each locale will have its own standard.
  • Added some text to the bottom of the skill grids on the first page of the character sheet that will inform you of any difficulty increases accrued by using either Cumbersome or Unwieldy items.
  • The printer settings used when printing sheets will now be saved, including all custom printer settings.  This is in addition to page settings and style settings, which have been saved all along.
  • The Characteristics pane in the generator will now inform you if any purchased characteristics goes over your starting XP.

Bug Fixes:

• For PC Adversaries in GM Tools, the character's version of the talent will now be transferred, along with skill and Dedication choices, instead of just the base talent without choices.  This means talents that increase characteristics or skills should be properly applied to the PC adversary.
  • When selecting vehicle weapons in the add/upgrade dialog, if you selected the Quad Laser Cannon, then selected another weapon, an exception occurred.  This should no longer happen.
  • In certain Force power trees, the bottom corner abilities would sometimes not become available, depending on the direction in which you arrived at them.  They should now properly become available.
  • Made the same change for signature abilities as well.  Talent trees already worked properly.
  • Made another change to the outside-change feature of the character, adversary, group, and encounter cache lists to help prevent crashes when another application makes changes to a file.  The database connection object is now protected by a mutex, so there should no longer be any access violation errors.

I assume we wait at least a full 24 hours before requesting the Lord of Nal Hutta stuff? =)

As it so happens, this weekend is a convention.  As my normal FLGS has a booth there, I'll be purchasing it probably on Saturday.  So, the next release will have Nal Hutta.

I assume we wait at least a full 24 hours before requesting the Lord of Nal Hutta stuff? =)

As it so happens, this weekend is a convention.  As my normal FLGS has a booth there, I'll be purchasing it probably on Saturday.  So, the next release will have Nal Hutta.

Ok, I have to ask. You sound like you're a local SF Bay Area resident. What part do you call home?

Ok, I have to ask. You sound like you're a local SF Bay Area resident. What part do you call home?

East Bay, San Ramon, so I have about a 10 minute drive to the Marriott and DunDraCon this weekend. :)

East Bay, San Ramon, so I have about a 10 minute drive to the Marriott and DunDraCon this weekend. :)

Nice...I'm down in the San Jose/Milpitas area.

Hey Ogg... the award panel it would be nice to adjust Morality, Obligation and Duty there as well. May have a check box for increasing contribution rank.

Contribution rank is handled using Groups in GM Tools.  It'll tell you when group Duty is over 100, and zero out everyone's Duty and raise the group's contribution rank.  Or, you can just add to it if you want.

I'll have to think of a good way to add duty and morality (and remove obligation) using the reward mechanism.  I want to keep it simple, since the point of Award was originally so people wouldn't have to do their own math :)

Hey Ogg... the award panel it would be nice to adjust Morality, Obligation and Duty there as well. May have a check box for increasing contribution rank.

Contribution rank is handled using Groups in GM Tools.  It'll tell you when group Duty is over 100, and zero out everyone's Duty and raise the group's contribution rank.  Or, you can just add to it if you want.

I'll have to think of a good way to add duty and morality (and remove obligation) using the reward mechanism.  I want to keep it simple, since the point of Award was originally so people wouldn't have to do their own math :)

right... but that is not going to change the players character sheet to match is it? and if the GM is not using that tool...

As to the other I use - in front of credits to subtract them... so I think you should be able to add or remove by just doing the same for obligation and duty. And then just have a button that says contribution rank increased which will increase it and zero out the duty. maybe a check mark next to it that grays out the button so you check the check box and it zeros the duty increases the contribution rank resets the check box which grays the button out again. to prevent accidental clicks on the button. 

Also if you are doing Starship dashboard sheets. It would be nice to have the Gunnery dice pool next to the guns and the piloting dice pool and computer and astrogation dice pools listed somewhere. :)

Edited by Daeglan

Feature request.

I was playing with my players today and they requested a way to input and print off current values for things like wounds and strain since in between sessions they print off brand new sheets. They also suggested having a critical hit recorder so they can have crits already on their character sheet for when they next print it off.

Little bugs I think I found:

The layout of the Heal/Harm power doesn't seem right. I've looked up the errata and original F&D book and the Row 3, Col 3 Strength upgrade should have links on both its left and right (not top), in addition to the link going down.

Also: the Optical Camouflage System doesn't upgrade Stealth checks twice (on the sheet at least), like it says it does. Unless it's on purpose?

Thanks for your great work!

I don't know if this would constitute a bug, but there's an issue with the Riot Shield (p42 FH).  In the last paragraph that breaks to the next page, it references a slot to support a Ranged Heavy weapon that (essentially) costs 100 CR and 1 HP.  It grants the ability to dual wield with a ranged heavy weapon at the expense of 1 setback to attack rolls with each weapon.  Would there be some way to add this into the system and will this be able to be added to a data update in the future?

I don't know if this would constitute a bug, but there's an issue with the Riot Shield (p42 FH).  In the last paragraph that breaks to the next page, it references a slot to support a Ranged Heavy weapon that (essentially) costs 100 CR and 1 HP.  It grants the ability to dual wield with a ranged heavy weapon at the expense of 1 setback to attack rolls with each weapon.  Would there be some way to add this into the system and will this be able to be added to a data update in the future?

The slot costs 100Cr and 1 HP. With the slot, you are able to use the shield as a defensive measure while also using the ranged heavy weapon through the slot.

There is no “dual wielding” in this game. It’s called “Two Weapon Combat”, and the only sense in which you might be able to apply that term to this shield would be at Engaged range, where you are using both the shield and your ranged heavy weapon as improvised melee weapons to bash people.

Feature request.

I was playing with my players today and they requested a way to input and print off current values for things like wounds and strain since in between sessions they print off brand new sheets. They also suggested having a critical hit recorder so they can have crits already on their character sheet for when they next print it off.

Are you requesting to be able to print off that your character ended the session with 10 of 14 strain and 5 of 12 wounds? I'm not sure how that would be helpful. Aren't wound and strain levels going to change fairly regularly?

The slot costs 100Cr and 1 HP. With the slot, you are able to use the shield as a defensive measure while also using the ranged heavy weapon through the slot.

There is no “dual wielding” in this game. It’s called “Two Weapon Combat”, and the only sense in which you might be able to apply that term to this shield would be at Engaged range, where you are using both the shield and your ranged heavy weapon as improvised melee weapons to bash people.

Dual wielding, two weapon combat, however you want to classify it, in this scenario, the character has a shield in one hand and a combat rifle in the other.  Normally, using a rifle is a two-handed proposition which makes it impossible to "wield" both the shield and the rifle simultaneously -- instead, a pistol or melee weapon is "wielded" in the other hand.  In this case, however, there's a notch in the shield (which is purchased pre-installed for an additional 100 credits and at the loss of the HP) through which the rifle can go.  However, when using this combination, there's a one setback penalty due to the unwieldiness of the monstrosity for both melee attacks with the shield and ranged attacks with the rifle.  Hence why, in short, I classified it as being dual wielded and having a negative impact on all attacks made (melee with the shield and ranged with the rifle).  I'm just asking for the mod to be available to the shield as I'm already manually calculating it when my characters are using them, but there's no current information in the character builder.

Rowdyoctopus, it is something my players directly requested, it also means that when they update their sheet they can put the current values in and when it prints out for next week, its on there so they can be reminded of how many wounds and strain they have.

Most of my players print off a new sheet each week and either forget or loose their old sheet and we start the game with confusion, some people going "Wait, didn't I have strain?..." and then I have to think back and consult my notes (and even then I suck at noting something like that down). The point of it is that its on record and the 'start of session' value is printed out at the beginning, yes it will change...but at least you know what you have when you start a session.

Plus since criticals can interact with the player in long term ways (such as lowering a characteristic) it would allow the generator to track crits that effect the stats and player in a long term way.

I think it is a good idea and I promised my players I would recommend it as a feature idea on here.

Edited by Ebak

Rowdyoctopus, it is something my players directly requested, it also means that when they update their sheet they can put the current values in and when it prints out for next week, its on there so they can be reminded of how many wounds and strain they have.

Most of my players print off a new sheet each week and either forget or loose their old sheet and we start the game with confusion, some people going "Wait, didn't I have strain?..." and then I have to think back and consult my notes (and even then I suck at noting something like that down). The point of it is that its on record and the 'start of session' value is printed out at the beginning, yes it will change...but at least you know what you have when you start a session.

Plus since criticals can interact with the player in long term ways (such as lowering a characteristic) it would allow the generator to track crits that effect the stats and player in a long term way.

I think it is a good idea and I promised my players I would recommend it as a feature idea on here.

You can already apply a crit that reduces one of your characteristics. The crit thing in general is a good idea. I don't see the printing off current wound and strain levels as helpful, since there are plenty of other ways to ensure that information is transferred to the new copy. But if oggdude feels it is simple enough to add, my opinion obviously isn't going to stop him.

Building a bounty hunting NPC team for my players to run into, and I've added them all into a group with the GM Tools, and given the group a ship.  When I go back to an individual character in the Character Generator, and give them the Signature ship mod, a dialogue pops ups saying "There are no vehicles available to choose as your Signature Ship.  Either add a vehicle to your character, or join a group that has a vehicle."  I saved everything and went back to the GM Tools to verify, and the character is in a group with a ship.  Am I missing some step here, or it the group ship to character interaction not implemented yet?

Hi. I just discovered this and I downloaded the file but I can't get it to open. I have the Net4.0 framework and it has an icon on my desktop but clicking on it, hitting open, run as admin, etc, don't work. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing? Thanks. :)

Hi. I just discovered this and I downloaded the file but I can't get it to open. I have the Net4.0 framework and it has an icon on my desktop but clicking on it, hitting open, run as admin, etc, don't work. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing? Thanks. :)

Are you sure you installed the complete framework and not the "Client" framework?