OggDude

Another Character Generator

Dammnit, Oggy - you've kept me honest! I plugged the numbers from my excel spreadsheet into your generator tonight - turns out that I had overspent by 5 points somewhere along the line. Now I gotta trim a cheap talent off poor Princess Saleena!

***EDIT***

Ah, I know what I did wrong. When building a character, it's most economical to select 2 of the same skills - so charm twice and coercion twice. I spread out my starting dice and screwed up the totals! Nope - I'm all good!

Edited by Desslok

Was looking over some things in the tool, just noticed that the Fusion Cutter in AoR is listed as Vicious 3, and the character tool lists it as Vicious 1.

Obviously this isn't a big deal because the character tool is so amazing overall, but y'know.

Is the Hyperdrive Sled (EotE Page 255) already included somewhere?  If it is, where?  If not, any plans to do so?

Same questions for the TIE/sh and TIE/br (AoR Page 272)?

I know I could do it myself, but then only my group would benefit.  :)

I don't always catch sidebars :)  I'll add them for the next release.
Wow, no pictures of hyperdrive sleds anywhere.  I ended up cobbling one together.  It's actually based on the Vulcan shuttle from Star Trek, but I put some beefy engines on it :)

SYLIUREHYPER.png

Page 187 of FaD has a Hyperdrive Ring. The description says it is a type of sled. It doesn't have a mention of the limit to the number of jumps like the sled from EotE does though (or a cost), so I don't know if you want to make it a seperate item or not.

I was looking through the list of starfighters and I noticed that several of them have None listed for Sensor Range. This didn't seem right so I started double checking. These are the ones I found but there may be more. I only checked the starfighters, so there definitely could be other starships with the same problem.

Preybird - Close

HLAF-500 - Short

Delta-7 - Close

Edited by Masque

Page 187 of FaD has a Hyperdrive Ring. The description says it is a type of sled. It doesn't have a mention of the limit to the number of jumps like the sled from EotE does though (or a cost), so I don't know if you want to make it a seperate item or not.

Found these on Wookieepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Syliure-31_long-range_hyperdrive_module

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Syliure-45_hyperdrive_module

And then this page with a hyperdrive ring model that was actually constructed:

http://www.rebelscum.com/SW08TSgreenjedi.asp

If you know the specific model you’re looking for, it’s pretty easy to turn up a bunch of hits with a Google image search.

AMAZING generator. It's helped our group decide to re-start an old SWRPG game, rebooted to use the new rulesets. (Now if only Fly Casual would come out sooner!)

I am converting an old Jedi to either a Soresu Defender or Shien Expert. When taking the Soresu Technique, the Lightsaber skill defaults to the Intellect. When making a build with Shien Technique, the Lightsaber skill sticks to Brawn no matter whether the Talent is selected or not.

I looked at the data for the Shien Expert entry and the Talent for Shien Technique, and all seems well--it looks identical to the Soresu counterparts. But it's still not working. Wondered if anyone else could replicate/correct.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Is there a way to get rid of the red page reference text on some Force powers? For example:

PLEASE SEE PAGE 284 OF EDGE OF THE EMPIRE FOR DETAILS. On all of the abilities in the Move tree.

It's really irritating to have that text replicated everywhere when I print out my character.

you have to edit them in the data editor. Ogg does not include the data himself so as to avoid the wrath of lawyers. It is fairly easy to do.

Is there a way to get rid of the red page reference text on some Force powers? For example:

PLEASE SEE PAGE 284 OF EDGE OF THE EMPIRE FOR DETAILS. On all of the abilities in the Move tree.

It's really irritating to have that text replicated everywhere when I print out my character.

you have to edit them in the data editor. Ogg does not include the data himself so as to avoid the wrath of lawyers. It is fairly easy to do.

Tried that. I'm in the data editor right now, and the text doesn't even appear there. I've even changed the description on some to see if clearing the text box and then adding my own text would clear the unseen page reference, but that didn't work.

Tried that. I'm in the data editor right now, and the text doesn't even appear there. I've even changed the description on some to see if clearing the text box and then adding my own text would clear the unseen page reference, but that didn't work.

there are multiple versions of the power. you are likely editing the one for age of rebellions. or some such...Oggdude should be able to help. Mine is already filled in and I don't remember the specifics. 

Ok, really dumb question, probably answered somewhere in the thread but the search doesn't allow "mac" as a search term.

Can you use this on a mac natively or only in a windows emulator?  I have a Windows machine, but a couple of my potential players for a second group use macs.

Can you use this on a mac natively or only in a windows emulator?  I have a Windows machine, but a couple of my potential players for a second group use macs.

It is written in the Microsoft Windows “.Net” environment, so for now it only runs on Microsoft Windows. IIRC, Microsoft made some announcements about a more web-native “.Net” environment for use with IIS web servers, so that might be a potential migration path in the future.

I use VMware Fusion, and OggDude’s program was the first one I have ever encountered over my 25-plus year career that would be considered a positive inducement to running Microsoft products.

His program is developed on older versions of Windows, and is designed for use in older standard monitor resolution environments, so if you’re running on Windows 8 or you’ve got a high DPI monitor, there may be some accommodations you have to make in order to use his program reasonably well in your situation.

But it works for me, under VMware Fusion, on my Macbook Pro Retina (OS X Yosemite 10.2.2).

Is the Hyperdrive Sled (EotE Page 255) already included somewhere?  If it is, where?  If not, any plans to do so?

Same questions for the TIE/sh and TIE/br (AoR Page 272)?

I know I could do it myself, but then only my group would benefit.  :)

I don't always catch sidebars :)  I'll add them for the next release.

Wow, no pictures of hyperdrive sleds anywhere.  I ended up cobbling one together.  It's actually based on the Vulcan shuttle from Star Trek, but I put some beefy engines on it :)

SYLIUREHYPER.png

I was looking through the list of starfighters and I noticed that several of them have None listed for Sensor Range. This didn't seem right so I started double checking. These are the ones I found but there may be more. I only checked the starfighters, so there definitely could be other starships with the same problem.

Preybird - Close

HLAF-500 - Short

Delta-7 - Close

I'll add the ring as well.  Plenty of pictures of that :)

And the scanner ranges have been fixed.

AMAZING generator. It's helped our group decide to re-start an old SWRPG game, rebooted to use the new rulesets. (Now if only Fly Casual would come out sooner!)

I am converting an old Jedi to either a Soresu Defender or Shien Expert. When taking the Soresu Technique, the Lightsaber skill defaults to the Intellect. When making a build with Shien Technique, the Lightsaber skill sticks to Brawn no matter whether the Talent is selected or not.

I looked at the data for the Shien Expert entry and the Talent for Shien Technique, and all seems well--it looks identical to the Soresu counterparts. But it's still not working. Wondered if anyone else could replicate/correct.

Just click on "Choose Skill Char" next to the "Remove" button.  It'll allow you to select which characteristic will be used for the lightsaber skill on the character sheet.

If you don't see the button after selecting a technique talent, then it means that you don't have a Force rating, so the talent isn't being used.  You can select a Force talent if you don't have a FR, but you won't get any benefit from it.

there are multiple versions of the power. you are likely editing the one for age of rebellions. or some such...Oggdude should be able to help. Mine is already filled in and I don't remember the specifics. 

In the data editor, select "Force Abilities" and edit the descriptions.  There's a bunch of them, just like talents.  It'll take less time if you add descriptions just to the ones that you're using, just so you get nice results on the character sheet.

Edit:  Don't forget to "Save" after changing the descriptions :)

Edited by OggDude

Just click on "Choose Skill Char" next to the "Remove" button.  It'll allow you to select which characteristic will be used for the lightsaber skill on the character sheet.

If you don't see the button after selecting a technique talent, then it means that you don't have a Force rating, so the talent isn't being used.  You can select a Force talent if you don't have a FR, but you won't get any benefit from it.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yup, this fixed it! Awesome! Thank you for making this and keeping it updated!

I apologize if this has been addressed (a lot of info to sift through), but was there beta errata changing the cost of the Heal/Harm basic power in Force and Destiny Beta? The Beta book lists the cost as 10 for the basic power, but in the generator it is listed as 20. I didn't see anything in any of the beta updates that suggested the printed number is incorrect. Was there an update elsewhere?

Thanks!

I apologize if this has been addressed (a lot of info to sift through), but was there beta errata changing the cost of the Heal/Harm basic power in Force and Destiny Beta? The Beta book lists the cost as 10 for the basic power, but in the generator it is listed as 20. I didn't see anything in any of the beta updates that suggested the printed number is incorrect. Was there an update elsewhere?

Thanks!

It includes all of the beta updates. Go to the Force and destiny beta page and get the beta updates. As these changes were the result of out testing.

Thanks!

Are you sure you are looking at the final update?  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/force-and-destiny/support/Beta%20Errata%2010.pdf