OggDude

Another Character Generator

Found an error while creating my groups F&D characters. Heal is priced at 20pts in the app but only 10 in the beta book.

It's not an error.  Some things were moved around and the cost changed in the beta updates.

Oh and is there any way to get the Lightsaber skill to show the alternate stat when using talents like Ataru technique as it still shows it with brawn on that chars skill list.

When you select a technique talent, a button will appear at the top called "Choose Skill Char" that will allow you to select which characteristic to use for your lightsaber skill.

Is it only that one picture of Zam that is causing the problem?  If you haven't had the problem with any other pictures I'd start to suspect the image is slightly corrupt somehow.  Maybe open it in some editor or other and save it as another format or edit a single pixel or something to get it make a fresh file.

Give this man a prize!  That ended up being the problem: the image had some bad pixel information.  Changing the brightness slightly got rid of them.

Bug report: In Seek Force power tree, the Duration upgrade does not become available unless you have opened it along the left side of the tree (Magnitude, Strength, Control)--if you approach from the right (Magnitude, Magnitude, Strength, Control), it remains ghosted.

I had this same issue in the talent tree which I took care of awhile back.  Apparently, I didn't put the same change into the power tree.  Added two lines, and bottom corner powers will now become available properly.

Edit:  Made the same fix to signature ability trees, as well, just in case :)

Edited by OggDude

Is it just me not configuring things properly, but have others noticed a decline of image quality when converting the Print'ed character sheet to PDF using either doPDF, CuteCPF or PDFCreator? (I've tried all three, same results.)

Linky: http://feb.imghost.us/JPRl.jpg (1 MB picture, be warned)

On the left, the editor's preview, on the right, Adobe Reader's lower quality version. I've tried printing sheets to PDF this way both with and without profile pictures and on several characters from different players on the group's Dropbox.

Does anyone else have the same very slight "issue"?

On the left, the editor's preview, on the right, Adobe Reader's lower quality version. I've tried printing sheets to PDF this way both with and without profile pictures and on several characters from different players on the group's Dropbox.

Does anyone else have the same very slight "issue"?

What you’re seeing on the right-hand side of that image looks very similar to the problem I was having with the second page, due to a somewhat corrupt character portrait image that I was using.

I saw this on the second page of output, regardless of whether I printed directly from Windows to the printer, or saved the output to a PDF file via CutePDF, or whatever.

I don’t know if your problem is actually caused by the same issue I had, I’m just saying that what you’ve got looks very similar.

Does this happen when you use those 3 PDF maker programs with any other software other than the Character generator?

Strangely, no. That's the reason I'm led to think there might be something amiss. I use these kind of programs all the time to create various neat and professional looking documents, and it's the one instance where the PDF looks so vastly underwhelming when compared the the previews. Word 2007, for instance, works fine.

Is it just me? Do others experience the same issue? Am I being nitpicky? :P

Edited by BarbeChenue

First off thanks for the awesome character builder, my group loves it, but I also wanted to point out several errors on the Equipment from Dangerous Covenants (DC) all on page 49.

Beast-hide Armor is listed Encum 1 but is Encum 3 in book,

"Storm" charge suit is listed Encum 2 but is Encum 3 in book, 

Flak Vest is listed Encum 1 but is Encum 3 in book

Protector 1 Combat Armor is listed as Encum 2 in the builder but Encum 4 in the book

and finally "Steelskin" armor is listed as Encum 3 but is Encum 8! in book (DC pg 49)

and I'm not sure about Edge but in Age of Rebellion Padded armor is listed as Encum 3 in builder but is listed as Encum 2 (AOR pg 183)

Note: this is check against release on 02/03/2015

What if you tried outputting the OggDude stuff to a "send to OneNote" and then in one note PDF'ing it? does it have the same degradation?

I'm seeing it, too, using doPDF.  It just seems to only happen on page 2 for some reason.  I'll look into it.

So playing with the program last night for a little bit - how does one tell it to take the lightsaber skill and put it under Presence when you pick up the Makashi Duelist tree?

Ogg just answered this question for someone else on the previous page.  You need to take the Technique talent and then you get a button at the top next to "Remove" that says "Choose Skill Char".

What if you tried outputting the OggDude stuff to a "send to OneNote" and then in one note PDF'ing it? does it have the same degradation?

I'm seeing it, too, using doPDF.  It just seems to only happen on page 2 for some reason.  I'll look into it.

The problem is the same one that Brad was having.  Some pictures just get weird for some reason.  I have two in my list that adds the white artifacts and I can't figure out what makes them different.  No matter which control I display them in, or how its resized (or if it's resized), still the same thing.  Very weird.  As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with how I'm rendering the image.  I have a feeling that it might have something to do with the printer document, but I don't know.

So... if you see weird white pixels in your portrait when you go to print, just change the brightness or contrast on it a bit until it goes away.

First off thanks for the awesome character builder, my group loves it, but I also wanted to point out several errors on the Equipment from Dangerous Covenants (DC) all on page 49.

Beast-hide Armor is listed Encum 1 but is Encum 3 in book,

"Storm" charge suit is listed Encum 2 but is Encum 3 in book, 

Flak Vest is listed Encum 1 but is Encum 3 in book

Protector 1 Combat Armor is listed as Encum 2 in the builder but Encum 4 in the book

and finally "Steelskin" armor is listed as Encum 3 but is Encum 8! in book (DC pg 49)

and I'm not sure about Edge but in Age of Rebellion Padded armor is listed as Encum 3 in builder but is listed as Encum 2 (AOR pg 183)

Note: this is check against release on 02/03/2015

Wow, I really suck reading stats from books :)  All been fixed.

Is there a way to manually adjust your skills for House Rules, adding free Knowledge, without it effecting the xp ?

This would be a GM Grant, if I add it.  If I get enough people who want something like this, I'll put it in.

Is there a way to manually adjust your skills for House Rules, adding free Knowledge, without it effecting the xp ?

This would be a GM Grant, if I add it.  If I get enough people who want something like this, I'll put it in.

As a temporary solution you could create a piece of equipment with the appropriate bonus in the data editor.

Is the Hyperdrive Sled (EotE Page 255) already included somewhere?  If it is, where?  If not, any plans to do so?

Same questions for the TIE/sh and TIE/br (AoR Page 272)?

I know I could do it myself, but then only my group would benefit.  :)

Is the Hyperdrive Sled (EotE Page 255) already included somewhere?  If it is, where?  If not, any plans to do so?

I don't always catch sidebars :)  I'll add them for the next release.

Sounds like something that would fit with what my table does (Hand out free character development color skills at the start of the game). So yes, I support this!

Wouldn't it work to just add the XP used to buy the skill rank?

I have a few house rules that change how XP is spent. I or my players often goof up on our XP totals and I often have to sit down and recalculate the total XP rewarded vs XP spent on each character. Not having to worry about extra XP rewarded to compensate for a house rule would be nice.

I don't always catch sidebars :)  I'll add them for the next release.

Wow, no pictures of hyperdrive sleds anywhere.  I ended up cobbling one together.  It's actually based on the Vulcan shuttle from Star Trek, but I put some beefy engines on it :)

SYLIUREHYPER.png