OggDude

Another Character Generator

Has anyone run into a bug with the Special Abilities tab in the GM Tools where the application will lock up while editing special abilities and need to be restarted? I got this with 1.3.3 and just updated to 1.3.7 and still get it. Doesn't happen all the time, but very frequently. I tried restarting my computer and clearing the cache.

Thank you so much for this invaluable resource.  I just started GMing a group last week (our first taste of the FFG system) and this made kicking off so, so much easier!

(first step flattery then comes the question/request :P) Is it possible to add pictures to the custom Vehicles?  I have added the Starlight Freighter and would like to add a picture but could not find the option for it. 

Hey Oggy....

I saw in your Wedge PC that you had stored gear of an R2 unit...How do I do that?  I created in the GM tools an R2 NPC that I want to put into my vehicle on my PC so how would I go about doing that?  Thanks in adv.

I am sure this has been addressed before, but, going through 172 pages is exhausting. I entered almost all the data (skills/weapons/talents) on an older computer. I then exported the files and tried to import them to my new computer. Although it says it is successful, all I see is all the unentered entries. What is going on?

Run the data editor on your old machine, click "Back Up", and select what data you want backed up.  On your new machine, run the data editor, click "Restore" and select the backup ZIP file created on your other machine.  You should get all of your data back.

Has anyone run into a bug with the Special Abilities tab in the GM Tools where the application will lock up while editing special abilities and need to be restarted? I got this with 1.3.3 and just updated to 1.3.7 and still get it. Doesn't happen all the time, but very frequently. I tried restarting my computer and clearing the cache.

If you tell me exactly what you're doing, I'll try to replicate it.

Thank you so much for this invaluable resource.  I just started GMing a group last week (our first taste of the FFG system) and this made kicking off so, so much easier!

(first step flattery then comes the question/request :P) Is it possible to add pictures to the custom Vehicles?  I have added the Starlight Freighter and would like to add a picture but could not find the option for it. 

You can, you just have to do it by hand.  Images for vehicles are found in your defined data folder under DataCustom\VehicleImages. For a particular data set, they're found under DataCustom\DataSet_nameofdataset\VehicleImages.  Just create a PNG file that's 196x196 pixels and name it the same as the custom vehicle's Key.

Hey Oggy....

I saw in your Wedge PC that you had stored gear of an R2 unit...How do I do that?  I created in the GM tools an R2 NPC that I want to put into my vehicle on my PC so how would I go about doing that?  Thanks in adv.

I used a new feature I added to the last version :)  Just add a generic item (I think there's 7 of them), rename it to your droid, add a note if you want, then transfer it to your vehicle.  To find generic items, go to "Gear", then filter by the "Generic" category.

I do have what I guess would be a feature request. :)

I would love to be able to do a plain text version of the character sheet that I could use to post on forums here and there. Something with BB Code bolding, etc....

You can sort of do it now.  Run GM Tools, select "Adversaries", filter on "Player Characters" category, select your character, then click in the description window, select all, and hit control-C.  This will copy the HTML that's displayed in the box.  It's not perfect, but you'll get a formatted copy of your character that you can then paste and modify.

Not so much an error (aside from a typo)...

For the HT-2200, there's a bit of an odd situation.  It shows up in the Force and Destiny Beta as noted, but the stats entered are those from page 56 of Far Horizons.

I'd suggest that if you're going to pick on version of the other, then have the page and book reference match that stat block.  So if sticking with the FH version, change the book reference accordingly.  Or if going with the FaDBeta version, then update the stat block to reflect that.

Although there is a typo in the Crew entry, listing "Onen pilot" before going on to list the rest of the crew.

Not so much an error (aside from a typo)...

For the HT-2200, there's a bit of an odd situation.  It shows up in the Force and Destiny Beta as noted, but the stats entered are those from page 56 of Far Horizons.

I'd suggest that if you're going to pick on version of the other, then have the page and book reference match that stat block.  So if sticking with the FH version, change the book reference accordingly.  Or if going with the FaDBeta version, then update the stat block to reflect that.

Although there is a typo in the Crew entry, listing "Onen pilot" before going on to list the rest of the crew.

Fixed the typo.  Since FnD is still in beta, I just removed the FnD source and will stick with the FH version for now.

I apologize if this has been covered before... My Search-Fu didn't find anything...

Is there a way to change the font or font size for Character Names in the Printed sheets? My players have longer names that are getting cut off.

I made a change so that it ensures the character name and player name will fit in the space by just making the text smaller as needed.

You can, you just have to do it by hand.  Images for vehicles are found in your defined data folder under DataCustom\VehicleImages. For a particular data set, they're found under DataCustom\DataSet_nameofdataset\VehicleImages.  Just create a PNG file that's 196x196 pixels and name it the same as the custom vehicle's Key.

Thanks for replying.  I will give that a crack later today.

Edited by DarkHorse

I have no idea how to do this...I tried but I know I goofed somewhere.

OggDude is referring to a version of his program that he has on his local system, but which he has not yet released to the world.

So, the feature you need should show up whenever he does his next release.

No, the feature is already included.  Go the the Equipment screen, click the Gear tab, select Generic from the Filter by Type dropdown.  Add whichever of these to your inventory has the appropriate encumbrance and then click the Rename button and also modify it's Notes if you want to.

No, the feature is already included.  Go the the Equipment screen, click the Gear tab, select Generic from the Filter by Type dropdown.  Add whichever of these to your inventory has the appropriate encumbrance and then click the Rename button and also modify it's Notes if you want to.

Blargh. Sorry, I mis-replied to the wrong post. I was responding to the post at http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/89135-another-character-generator/page-172#entry1422124 from DigitalChicanery, which is not the one that Lancer999 was talking about.

D’oh! ;)

Yet another dumb question my Search-Fu has failed to answer...

The Character portraits are square in the Generator, but rectangular in the printed sheet... What dimensions should we be using for character portraits in order to avoid white space in the printed sheet?

If you tell me exactly what you're doing, I'll try to replicate it.

I can't get it to consistently have the error, unfortunately, which I know is not helpful to you.

What I did most recently was copy the Gamorrean Rival, tell it to modify the copied adversary, go to Special Abilities and add an ability, go to Skills and add a skill (Coerce 1), then go back to Special Abilities and it locks up. But I've tried doing what I think is the same thing again, and it will be fine.

I'll let you know if I can figure out a replicable pattern to it.

Thanks! And thanks for the awesome tool.

Yet another dumb question my Search-Fu has failed to answer...

The Character portraits are square in the Generator, but rectangular in the printed sheet... What dimensions should we be using for character portraits in order to avoid white space in the printed sheet?

Don't ask why, but the exact size for the character portrait used in the printed character sheet is 263 x 320.

Just to assure everyone that I am, in fact, working on the next release :)  here's a few snapshots of the new base feature (homesteads and businesses from Far Horizons).

Here's what the new Bases tab looks like in the Group editor:

GroupBases.png

Here's the first tab of the Base editor:

ModifyBase.png

Finally, here's a sample of what the Base sheet will look like (using color/no-background option):

BaseSheet.png

I've been working on it for almost a week.  I finally got all of the features in it today, and I'm currently tweaking the functionality and verifying that I didn't miss something.  A lot was added for this, so there's a good chance something got away from me :)  I'll probably continue testing this for a few more days to hopefully eliminate most of the bugs.