OggDude

Another Character Generator

Any ETA on the update? :) I've got a table game starting next week and I think I may need to rejigger everyone's characters a bit with all the Beta updates.

OggDude might be waiting for Stay On Target to hit the stores so he can add the info from that book to the next update.

Edited by zathras23

Hey so sorry if this has been mentioned before but 159 pages is a lot :P . Are there any plans (or would it even be possible) to release a Mac version of this? It looks awesome but unfortunately I can't run it.

Been mentioned. Oggdude can't do it as he uses windows libraries. those are not available for the mac. Newer programming software may make it possible. But who knows when Oggdude will be able to upgrade to a newer programming environment(very expensive) learn how to make programs run on mac. (likely some sort of learning curve) and get some macs to test on(again expensive) 

So for the foreseeable future not likely. Even if Oggdude was willing and able to do all of the above. 

Totally understandable, thanks.

I thought of starting this conversion to a Mac (being somewhat familiar with Mac programming), but realized it would be months and months of part-time work to replicate everything.  Not worth the effort for a few users, and I can run it (slowly) on my XP machine.

I'd like to make a suggestion please.

In your Character Generator, there is only the option for making PC characters.

Can you get a definition of the rules for creating NPC characters from scratch and add the model for making NPC characters to your program?

Thanks

Can you get a definition of the rules for creating NPC characters from scratch and add the model for making NPC characters to your program?

Thanks

When you open the launcher...there is a button called GM tools. Making adversaries is in that part. Along with making encounters and filling in the group sheet for the group.  The Data editor allows you to make new items and classes and pretty much everything for the game. including fixing typos you find. :)

Thanks

When you open the launcher...there is a button called GM tools. Making adversaries is in that part. Along with making encounters and filling in the group sheet for the group.  The Data editor allows you to make new items and classes and pretty much everything for the game. including fixing typos you find. :)

Thanks for the info!

I've played with the GM tools and still i am in need of some advice. At the moment (where i didn't know about the GM tool) i have tried making an Astromech droid NPC by consulting with my GM on what we should do and i have another thread on how we approached this.

With this GM tool, i'm confused on whether i make this NPC droid a minion/rival/nemesis (and the differences between the 3), how the "power level" relates and where i should be capping a limit for "power level" for the type of character i'm trying to create? Also should a NPC have access to traits at all? 

Below is the link to my other thread with my original attempt of creating a droid NPC by only consulting with my GM to get an result.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/128364-employable-living-droid-npc-characters-as-part-of-the-crew/

Edited by foomonkey

Follow up to my previous post as it won't let me edit for some reason?

Should i do what i tried before, in that i take the example astromech droid in the book and copy the build into the GM tool. Then once i have it completely identical, i take the "power level" number and rebuild another droid to my own taste?

I have one specific question about the Astromech Droid example. It says it has a soak of 3 but it only has a Brawn of 1 to attain 1 soak and it is a droid which gives it an additional 1 soak from the enduring trait. Where does the other remaining 1 soak come from?

Thanks

Edited by foomonkey

Should i do what i tried before, in that i take the example astromech droid in the book and copy the build into the GM tool. Then once i have it completely identical, i take the "power level" number and rebuild another droid to my own taste?

I have one specific question about the Astromech Droid example. It says it has a soak of 3 but it only has a Brawn of 1 to attain 1 soak and it is a droid which gives it an additional 1 soak from the enduring trait. Where does the other remaining 1 soak come from?

Thanks

NPCs don't follow the same rules as PCs. You can fiddle around with their soak and defense as you see fit. The NPC astromech probably has 3 soak because 2 is low, but they didn't want to give it a brawn of 2. So they left brawn at 1 and then just increased the soak.

In the Adversary section of the GM tools, you can create anything you want. Adjust all its stats freely (soak, wound threshold, strain threshold, characteristics, skills) all independent of one another. You can also give them any talents you want, regardless of the specialization it is from.

Your droid should be a rival, though it could be a Nemesis. There isn't that much different between the two aside from normally rivals do not have a strain threshold, they take strain as wounds.

Thanks

These questions should be taken to the forum under their own thread. As the GM tool will let you do whatever you want and for your purposes you need to discuss adversary creation. You should also look at the adversary creation section in the GM screen for Edge. 

Got a little something for under your tree:  the next version!

Sorry it's taken this long, especially for such a minor update, but life and all that.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Release 1.3.5.0

New/Changed Data:

• Comm Jammer's rarity was incorrect.  It is now rarity 3.
  • The Fusion Cutter had an older page reference to the AoR beta.  It has been updated to the AoR Core Rulebook.

New Features and Enhancements:

• Talent editor can now set a talent as a Force talent (requiring a FR of 1+ to use).
  • If Reflect or Parry talents are selected, their values will be displayed under "Soak" on the first page of the character sheet.

Bug Fixes:

• Lightsaber hilts that have a 0 base damage were being treated like melee/brawl weapons and having the base characteristic added to damage.  This no longer happens.
  • Clicking on a Cyber cell in the skill grid would cause an error.  This has been fixed.
  • Certain cells in the skill grid were incorrectly enabled for editing.  You can no longer change the values of these cells.
  • If a character had Morality due to the ignore Force rating option being turned on, extra XP was not being applied if that Morality option was selected.  It will now be applied.

FaD Update #9:

• Changed Control and Ranged in Heal/Harm.
  • Changed Strength upgrades and costs in Protect/Unleash.

FaD Update #10:

• Updated Delta-12 Skysprite, Civilian Pathfinder, HT-2200, and IR-3F vehicles.

FaD Update #11:

• Modified Electrostaff, Ancient Sword, Cortosis Shield, and Cortosis Sword.
  • Changed prices of ancient talismans.

Got a little something for under your tree:  the next version!

Sorry it's taken this long, especially for such a minor update, but life and all that.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Release 1.3.5.0

New/Changed Data:

• Comm Jammer's rarity was incorrect.  It is now rarity 3.
  • The Fusion Cutter had an older page reference to the AoR beta.  It has been updated to the AoR Core Rulebook.

New Features and Enhancements:

• Talent editor can now set a talent as a Force talent (requiring a FR of 1+ to use).
  • If Reflect or Parry talents are selected, their values will be displayed under "Soak" on the first page of the character sheet.

Bug Fixes:

• Lightsaber hilts that have a 0 base damage were being treated like melee/brawl weapons and having the base characteristic added to damage.  This no longer happens.
  • Clicking on a Cyber cell in the skill grid would cause an error.  This has been fixed.
  • Certain cells in the skill grid were incorrectly enabled for editing.  You can no longer change the values of these cells.
  • If a character had Morality due to the ignore Force rating option being turned on, extra XP was not being applied if that Morality option was selected.  It will now be applied.

FaD Update #9:

• Changed Control and Ranged in Heal/Harm.
  • Changed Strength upgrades and costs in Protect/Unleash.

FaD Update #10:

• Updated Delta-12 Skysprite, Civilian Pathfinder, HT-2200, and IR-3F vehicles.

FaD Update #11:

• Modified Electrostaff, Ancient Sword, Cortosis Shield, and Cortosis Sword.
  • Changed prices of ancient talismans.

The google docs version is coming up 404 page not found. Which I suspect is why my version is not doing the auto update. 

Edited by Daeglan

Could you store printer sheet preferences somehow? I always have to redo those settings everytime i upgrade. They stick between builds, but when you do a new release those settings get reset to the defaults. Maybe store the print settings in the characters. 

Hi, I've been using the generator for while and i noticed that when you create/edit a sub-specie if you check talents the character generator gives one of the talents to the character. I don't know if it's intended, but I've been trying all sort of combination and i can't get a droid sub-specie to have more than 1 talents.

Edited by benjo1122

Hi, I've been using the generator for while and i noticed that when you create/edit a sub-specie if you check talents the character generator gives one of the talents to the character. I don't know if it's intended, but I've been trying all sort of combination and i can't get a droid sub-specie to have more than 1 talents. 

Think, i got why, there's no override check box for sub-species talent, so it only show the base species ones, here i had adversary checked, but when i unchecked it no more talents at all. Either the sub-specie menu needs an override check box for talents or to check for sub-species talents if there are not any specie talent

Hi

Got a question in regards to the 1.3.5.0 version of the chargen.

I've used it without problem to generate  a few chars. Then I printed one which worked. When I tried to print a second char I got a syntax error and since then despite "reinstalling" the program again on the same machine always got the same error even with the original cahr where the printing worked.

When I open the 1.3.3.0 version instead I can print those chars without problems.

Any clue there or any known problems?

Hi

Got a question in regards to the 1.3.5.0 version of the chargen.

I've used it without problem to generate  a few chars. Then I printed one which worked. When I tried to print a second char I got a syntax error and since then despite "reinstalling" the program again on the same machine always got the same error even with the original cahr where the printing worked.

When I open the 1.3.3.0 version instead I can print those chars without problems.

Any clue there or any known problems?

you need to uninstall 1.3.3.0 and 1.3.5.0 then install 1.3.5.0. I recommend doing the webinstall as that version will update itself when a new version comes out and avoid this problem. :)

A question about the character tool. One of my players recently specced into Outlaw Tech, and wanted to use a rank in Tinkerer to add a hard point to his ship. I know there is some confusion on these forums as to whether that is acceptable within the rules. Do you have any plans to add vehicles in to the list of items that can be upgraded by the Tinkerer talent?

Think, i got why, there's no override check box for sub-species talent, so it only show the base species ones, here i had adversary checked, but when i unchecked it no more talents at all. Either the sub-specie menu needs an override check box for talents or to check for sub-species talents if there are not any specie talent

The reason was because I wasn't adding sub-species talents when they were combined with the main species.  I fixed the problem, but I just upgraded my machine to Win7 64-bit and I'm having some issues with Visual Studio, so I haven't been able to test it yet.