OggDude

Another Character Generator

I still don't get how to change the attribute to give Lightsaber from BRN to AGL.  Which talent changes this?? 

You have to select the Ataru Technique from the Ataru Striker specialization, and then on the talent tree itself, there will be a box in the upper right-hand corner that will let you change the Lightsaber skill from Brawn to Agility.  Same holds true for each of the LS Form specs (except Shii-Cho Knight) from Force and Destiny in regards to the Form Technique talent that allows the PC to use a Characteristic other than Brawn for the Lightsaber skill.

I wonder if as part of a future update, OggDude could revise this so that the Form Technique talents work similar to Dedication or Smooth Talker, in that when you select the talent, you get a pop-up that says something along the lines of  "Pick from this list to determine which Characteristic to use with the Lightsaber skill," with the program then checking to see which of the Form Technique talents you've got and showing the appropriate list.  So if a PC with Ataru Technique and Shien Technique later picks up Niman Technique, upon purchasing that third talent, the pop-up box would give you the choice of Brawn (the default), Agility (Ataru), Cunning (Shien), or Willpower (Niman).

I fixed the morality option thing so that you see the extra XP in the generator.  I also added a skill block to the group sheet that shows Perception, Cool, Vigilance, and Discipline (the main skills a GM would be interested in knowing if they want to do their own hidden rolls).  This skill block will show up if "Show Member Details" is selected from the print dialog.

About char choices for LS skill:  It's a little different from Dedication in that the technique talents merely give you options to select for your LS skill.  After all of your technique talents are selected, you can optionally set your LS skill characteristic to any of the ones available, or just keep it as Brawn.  It sounds like what you really want is to somehow draw attention to the button that appears so users will know where to select the characteristic.  The question is how you want this to happen.  

A popup dialog would be fine, but it could get intrusive if it shows up all of the time.  With Dedication, it only shows up when you haven't selected a characteristic.  For the technique talents, selecting a different characteristic is purely optional, and can be changed any time the user wants to in order to display different characteristics on the sheet.

If you can think of a way of drawing attention to the button in an unintrusive way, let me know.  As it is, it seems that it's not as obvious as I want it to be, and is causing some confusion.

If you can think of a way of drawing attention to the button in an unintrusive way, let me know.  As it is, it seems that it's not as obvious as I want it to be, and is causing some confusion.

I don't know how easy it would be since I'm no programmer, but it could help to just make it so every time you visit the page for a specialization in which you have a talent that allows a stat selection, the button could flash red 2-3 times to note that you have a selection that can be made. Could alternatively make it so that it does that only if you haven't selected an option (since, presumably, you know where it is if you've selected something there before).

Could even just make a checkbox inside the stat selection dialogue or in the options page to stop reminding you about stat selection. Of course, I guess you could have said checkbox in the options page and on a dialogue box that pops up to remind you. Could just be a dialogue box that comes up and there's a "don't remind me again" option on it so people only have to see it once.

Edited by Alatar1313

I still don't get how to change the attribute to give Lightsaber from BRN to AGL.  Which talent changes this?? 

Whenever you select a LS technique talent, you can select a new characteristic to use for your LS skill.  The button appears a the upper right.  This might help:

SkillChar.png

Fantastic as always Ogg.

If WotC had had someone like you on their team when they were trying to make D&D4E it might have actually worked.

Word.

OggDude,

Maybe if the "Choose Char" button was actually within the Talent's block?

Thing is, these talents exist across many trees, which would make this button really hard to access, especially since a person with one or more of these talents can choose any time which characteristic he wants to use, so I think the more universal location is appropriate. It's not completely obvious, but it's the most functional.

Since certain talents require you to make lightsaber tests with specific characteristics maybe all unlocked skill/characteristic combos should be displayed in the skill block on the printed character sheet.  Then just use the selector to change which shows up in the weapon statline.  Another good place for that button might be on the equipment page when you have a lightsaber weapon selected.

How do you post a pic here anyways??

If you're on a computer, just make sure your rich text is enabled (there's a little light switch next to your avatar when editing a post, the switch toggles rich text editor on and off), and there's a little picture right under the Smileys that says "images" when you mouse over it. Click that, and enter the image url. 

If you're on a tablet or can't otherwise access rich text capabilties, just use BBCode "img" tags. Type open bracket, "img," and then close bracket. Then enter the url of the image. Then open bracket, forward slash, "img," close bracket. Like so: 

[img=some-picture] where "some-picture" is the url of the image.

May I suggest locking it so only one resource can give you extra XP or credits, as per the latest update only one resource can give you extra XP. So you can't start at 50 morality and get 10XP and take additional Obligation and get another 10XP. However may I also suggest GM grants allows an override to this just incase?

Here's a list of things I've fixed for the next version.  If I'm missing something, please let me know:

• Lightsaber hilts that have a 0 base damage were being treated like melee/brawl weapons and having the base characteristic added to damage.  This no longer happens.
  • Clicking on a Cyber cell in the skill grid would cause an error.  This has been fixed.
  • Certain cells in the skill grid were incorrectly enabled for editing.  You can no longer change the values of these cells.
  • Comm Jammer's rarity was incorrect.  It is now rarity 3.
  • Talent editor can now set a talent as a Force talent (requiring a FR of 1+ to use).
  • The Fusion Cutter had an older page reference to the AoR beta.  It has been updated to the AoR Core Rulebook.
  • If Reflect or Parry talents are selected, their values will be displayed under "Soak" on the first page of the character sheet.
FaD Update #9:
  • Changed Control and Ranged in Heal/Harm.
  • Changed Strength upgrades and costs in Protect/Unleash.
FaD Update #10:
  • Updated Delta-12 Skysprite, Civilian Pathfinder, HT-2200, and IR-3F vehicles.
FaD Update #11:
  • Modified Electrostaff, Ancient Sword, Cortosis Shield, and Cortosis Sword.
  • Changed prices of ancient talismans.

Don't forget to add the Astromech crew slots for both Y-Wings, the Delta 6 and Delta 7 Skysprite fighters.

Also how can you put a PDF on a post?  I want to put a PDF paste on this thing

Use the print screen button on your keyboard, this will create an image of your screen and copy it to the clipboard. Then paste into MS Paint. From here you can easily crop the image, then save the final product on its own. Post.

Don't forget to add the Astromech crew slots for both Y-Wings, the Delta 6 and Delta 7 Skysprite fighters.

There's nothing in vehicles indicating an astromech.  You just want it in the crew description?

There's nothing in vehicles indicating an astromech.  You just want it in the crew description?

Yeah, just in the crew description. The movies show both the Skysprites and Y-wings with astromechs. Y-Wings in X-Wing miniatures can take them. I think nobody caught this error when the books were beta tested.

There's nothing in vehicles indicating an astromech. You just want it in the crew description?
Yeah, just in the crew description. The movies show both the Skysprites and Y-wings with astromechs. Y-Wings in X-Wing miniatures can take them. I think nobody caught this error when the books were beta tested.
In the Y-Wing stat block, look under navi-computer. The Y-Wing says none, but instead the ship has an astromech droid socket.

Is the skysprite in F&D? I don't have that, so I wouldn't be able to say if the astromech slot is mentioned there or not.

EDIT: in case I wasn't clear, I meant the Y-Wing stat block in the cote rulebook.

Edited by rowdyoctopus

There's nothing in vehicles indicating an astromech. You just want it in the crew description?
In the Y-Wing stat block, look under navi-computer. The Y-Wing says none, but instead the ship has an astromech droid socket.

Is the skysprite in F&D? I don't have that, so I wouldn't be able to say if the astromech slot is mentioned there or not.

EDIT: in case I wasn't clear, I meant the Y-Wing stat block in the cote rulebook.

For the X-Wing it states the same thing as the Y for the navi-computer but, unlike the Y, includes the Astromech as part of the crew in it's stat block. As for the Delta 6 & 7, I was in error regarding the Delta 6. It has no astromech but the Delta 7 does have one listed in it's crew.

Oh, and the Skysprite is actually named the Aethersprite (my mistake) and it is in the F&D beta.

Thank you so much for that Editor, by the way. My *ENTIRE* group has adopted it, to the point where some have stopped using paper sheets altogether and just run it on their laptop. Of all the fan-made, and even proprietary, character editors I've ever seen, this is the only one I've seen used so much. It works like a charm!

I'm loving the Generator.  Thanks for all the hard work putting it together for us.

I found a typo on the X-30 Lancer pistol.  Unless there's been an update that I can't find, it should have Pierce 2, not 1.

Hey so sorry if this has been mentioned before but 159 pages is a lot :P . Are there any plans (or would it even be possible) to release a Mac version of this? It looks awesome but unfortunately I can't run it.

Been mentioned. Oggdude can't do it as he uses windows libraries. those are not available for the mac. Newer programming software may make it possible. But who knows when Oggdude will be able to upgrade to a newer programming environment(very expensive) learn how to make programs run on mac. (likely some sort of learning curve) and get some macs to test on(again expensive) 

So for the foreseeable future not likely. Even if Oggdude was willing and able to do all of the above.