OggDude

Another Character Generator

I am having a problem with the GM Tools.  When trying to create a new adversary and it keeps hanging on me. I have tried to create a new creature three times.  Twice I had the problem when I go to the Attributes or the Characteristics page, I find that the +/- buttons are so sensitive to multi-click that if I hold the mouse down very long, it starts applying the change multiple times.  Then it eventually just hangs.   

I forgot what happened the third time. 

Anyone else facing these problems?

OK, I made some changes to shown weapons:

TwoWeapSample2.png

For this example, I've selected Deadly Accuracy for Ranged Light and Heavy, and Feral Strength.  First, all two-weapon sets are now at the end.  For weapons that can only hit once, I've added all damage together.  For weapons that can hit more than once (autofire, blast, linked, and two-weapon), I've separated out damage that can only be applied to one hit of the attack and bracketed them.

How's this look to everyone?

Perfect and awesome. Can't wait to get it in mine.

FYI there are some changes to the weapons in the latest beta release. 

Shoto hilts are now -1 damage. and double bladed lightsabers are now unwieldy 3. I think that is all you have to worry about for your program. 

Here's what I've done for update #5:

FaD Beta Update #5:
  • Changed morality options to start with 29 or 71 Morality.
  • Changed double-bladed lightsaber and hilt to have Unwieldy 3.
  • Changed shoto lightsaber and hilt to have a damage of 7, which drops to 5.
  • Changed Shadowsheath attachment so that it can be used by any weapon with encumbrance of 2 or under. Also made changes for this in the attachment editor.
  • Made cost and HP changes to crystals and emitter.

Nice...My only thing (last thing) could you put a space between the weapons in the 2 wpns so it is "Weapon A / Weapon B" instead of "Weapon A/Weapon B"  Makes it more readable. 

NICE WORK OGGY BEN SCOOBY DOOBOOBY NOOB BEN NOOBY!

TwoWeapSample2.png

For this example, I've selected Deadly Accuracy for Ranged Light and Heavy, and Feral Strength.  First, all two-weapon sets are now at the end.  For weapons that can only hit once, I've added all damage together.  For weapons that can hit more than once (autofire, blast, linked, and two-weapon), I've separated out damage that can only be applied to one hit of the attack and bracketed them.

Shoto hilts are now -1 damage. and double bladed lightsabers are now unwieldy 3. I think that is all you have to worry about for your program. 

FaD Beta Update #5:
  • Changed Shadowsheath attachment so that it can be used by any weapon with encumbrance of 2 or under. Also made changes for this in the attachment editor.

i think what they are doing is making the shoto hilts -1 damage instead of -2.  As the base crystal is an illum which has a damage of 6. None of the crystals have a damage of 7. :)

Edited by Daeglan

I'm playing around with the shown weapons and I have a question:  does a triggered Blast quality count as a separate "hit" in an attack?  I'm thinking that it does…

Yes.

And while I'm at it, Autofire and (most likely) Blast both can cause multiple hits.  Does anything else?

Two weapon combat (obviously), Linked weapons, and I would also think that weapons with an ongoing effect (like burn) might cause multiple hits.

TwoWeapSample2.png

FaD Beta Update #5:

i think what they are doing is making the shoto hilts -1 damage instead of -2.  As the base crystal is an illum which has a damage of 6. None of the crystals have a damage of 7. :)

I admit that does make more sense :)  Since they didn't mention the -2 being changed, I just changed the base damage to compensate.  They must have forgotten to errata that paragraph.

I'm playing around with the shown weapons and I have a question:  does a triggered Blast quality count as a separate "hit" in an attack?  I'm thinking that it does…

Yes.

And while I'm at it, Autofire and (most likely) Blast both can cause multiple hits.  Does anything else?

Two weapon combat (obviously), Linked weapons, and I would also think that weapons with an ongoing effect (like burn) might cause multiple hits.

I thought about Burn as well, but since it happens after the initial attack, on subsequent rounds, and since it doesn't use the base damage of the weapon, but rather the Blast quality value, I didn't deem it necessary to split out the "on one hit" damage for those weapons.  In fact, it would probably just confuse people.

So far, I have:  Auto Fire, Blast, Linked, and two-weapon.

Here's an issue that came up yesterday, one of my players has exceeded his encumbrance threshold so needs to reduce the amount of gear that he has on his person. He currently has 2 frag grenades and 2 stun grenades but only wants to carry one of each, I don't think that I am able to show this with the way things are currently set-up. Is it possible to add an option to 'hold' X of a collection of items?

Also, did the issue get resolved of grouping weapons as one player has 3 blaster rifles and each is listed separately on his character sheet, whereas it would be much tidier to have Blaster Rifles x 3. I know this was discussed ages ago but I can't remember how this was resolved.

Thanks.

Here's an issue that came up yesterday, one of my players has exceeded his encumbrance threshold so needs to reduce the amount of gear that he has on his person. He currently has 2 frag grenades and 2 stun grenades but only wants to carry one of each, I don't think that I am able to show this with the way things are currently set-up. Is it possible to add an option to 'hold' X of a collection of items?

Also, did the issue get resolved of grouping weapons as one player has 3 blaster rifles and each is listed separately on his character sheet, whereas it would be much tidier to have Blaster Rifles x 3. I know this was discussed ages ago but I can't remember how this was resolved.

Thanks.

Check out the pic above you on this page.  He made the 2 Weapon group on the bottom of the list, and if memory serves you can make multiple weapon groups of 2 Weapon wielding w/ the same or different primary weapons, and the dice pool will show accordingly.  Also isn't there a show or equip button that will show what you are carrying and what you have on you as an incidental?  I have a frag grenade as well and it is equipped but I am not holding it, so it counts towards my ENC but not as a weapon I am using.  If I unequipped it it would not count to my ENC...I cant see it now because I am at work, but I am about 90% sure Im right on this 

Sorry buddy but that doesn't really address any of my issues, I don't need to set up two weapon wielding just to show that the character owns 3 rifles that he has stashed on his ship.

And the issue with Equipping or not equipping items is that it is all or nothing, the character only wants to carry one of his grenades and leave the other one on his ship. As it is now he either has to equip both or none. I will handle this by not equipping and adding a note on the sheet so that the player doesn't forget,

So a possible feature request/bug/unintended consequence

so on a char that doesnt have a force rating to start when you select morality for them and give them bonus XP or what have you it doesnt apply that to the char, even when the ignore force rating requirement for morality option is checked off. While this makes sense from a loreish standpoint it doesnt considering we can mix and match the xp/credit bonuses from obligation and duty.

also any word on sorting skills by career/non career on the skills pane?

I found the editing tool for ships, what I want to know is how can you increase Hardpoints w/o changing all YT-1300s and only your own ship?

You'd need to duplicate the YT-1300, make a copy of that ship type which has the number of hardpoints you want.

I found the editing tool for ships, what I want to know is how can you increase Hardpoints w/o changing all YT-1300s and only your own ship?

As was said, you would have to create a new ship and copy all the YT-1300 stats and such, changing the number of HP to what you want.

What do you mean make a copy?? Step by Step plz

I'm not on my computer right now (phone), so these steps might be off a little bit, but I'm confident they're close enough to get you through...

In Data Editor, under vehicles (bottom of the left pane) > select the YT-1300 > just under the selection box, there should be several buttons, COPY should be I've of them (there should also be EDIT and a couple others). Click COPY. This will create an exact copy of the YT-1300 with the name being something like "Copy of YT-1300." Now you can make all the changes you want to this ship (including naming it something else, like "YT-1300, custom") while retaining the original YT-1300 and stats.

Edited by Trinity351

TwoWeapSample2.png

FaD Beta Update #5:

I admit that does make more sense :)  Since they didn't mention the -2 being changed, I just changed the base damage to compensate.  They must have forgotten to errata that paragraph.

confirmed this week. it is -1 damage for the Shoto hilt. 

Probably you are aware of the character sheet created by JediHamlet

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/124888-and-some-more-character-sheets/

which I find a great work of cramming a lot of character info and a big character portrait space in 2 sheets. Would it be possible for you to include that character sheet as a print option in your magnificient character generator? He has already agreed to it. I would really appreciate it as would help me character creation a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by blatamano

i gotta ask somthing.. 

this is a generator right?

so... where can you generate stuff?

this is more of a creator if you dont have the option to generate :P

I presume you are referring to a random character generator, this has never been billed as such. It is a very well programmed character generator.