Jump to content
OggDude

Another Character Generator

Recommended Posts

Hey folks (not necessarily Ogg if someone else has an answer), 

I'm fairly new to the forums and system and found your character generator as everyone talks about it. Trying to use it to create a character for a game I'm playing it, but noticed you don't have the Padawan Survivor spec (or any of the specs from Dawn of Rebellion) in there. Am I missing something or is it on your list of things to do? I understand that keeping something like this going can be very time consuming, and apologize if people have already asked this. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything, but ain't nobody got time to read through 400+ pages of forum posts. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Smeeg699

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Smeeg699 said:

Hey folks (not necessarily Ogg if someone else has an answer), 

I'm fairly new to the forums and system and found your character generator as everyone talks about it. Trying to use it to create a character for a game I'm playing it, but noticed you don't have the Padawan Survivor spec (or any of the specs from Dawn of Rebellion) in there. Am I missing something or is it on your list of things to do? I understand that keeping something like this going can be very time consuming, and apologize if people have already asked this. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything, but ain't nobody got time to read through 400+ pages of forum posts. Thanks in advance!

Unlimited Power was just added. Dawn of Rebellion hasn't been added into a formal release yet however you can add any data you like with the really good Data Editor function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

Unlimited Power was just added. Dawn of Rebellion hasn't been added into a formal release yet however you can add any data you like with the really good Data Editor function.

Awesome! I'm at work now so playing around with it isn't gonna happen. I'll dig more into the tool when I get home. Thanks for the quick reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, OggDude said:
  • GM Grants now supports the Dedication talent.  When Dedication is selected, clicking "Choose" will allow you to choose one characteristic for each rank of Dedication.
  • GM Grants now supports a filter for each grid.  The filter is applied to the name of the appropriate item in the grid.
  • Two new buttons have been added on the GM Grants dialog.  Suspend will save all of your grant changes, but turn off grants temporarily.  You can turn them back on by going back into GM Grants and clicking Grant.  Reset will remove all grants and allow you to start over.  In all cases, hitting Cancel will now revert your grants back to what they were when the dialog was first opened.

First, much appreciated for the continued work.

 

Second, however, Noticed an error with GM Grants for the Secs. I opened several saved characters and saw their spent XP totals were off, so I went to the GM Grants Specs section, and low and behold, the previously granted specs were unchecked. Normally, I would just re-select them and go on, however....there lies the bug.  The section isn't allowing me to check any of the spec boxes. It clicks and highlights the Spec, but the box remains unchecked.  This was tried with both old characters and new ones. Same on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be an error with lightsabers in the crafting section.  Asides from the standard and pole lightsabers; it is listing and applying the wrong damage.  It's effectively applying the -1 damage twice and even applying it once on the double-bladed lightsaber which doesn't have it.  I thought that maybe it was something in the errata you were applying but I couldn't find anything about it.  Btw is there a section for the crafting tool in the data editor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On this page you can find all of the talent trees with descriptions, spreadsheet with all the data from the game.  Safely I think FFG/ Disney is not concerned about this product any more since it is complete with all 3 of their lines.  Their book production slowed down and they are focusing on other area.  Just my opinion on it, but I think you are good to put full details on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 10:11 AM, OggDude said:

Version 2.3.1 has been released.  Download links are in my "About Me" page.  Web installs should automatically update.  Note that the files are still copying, so give it about 10-15 min from this post.

 

Release 2.3.1.0:

New/Changed Data:

  • Added all new information from "Unlimited Power", including species, specializations, talents, equipment and vehicles, motivations, backgrounds, signature abilities, lightsaber crystals, attachments, etc.
  • Fixed a number of errors for various items and data.
  • For crafting, the Ion Drive Array engine had 1 increase speed optional mod instead of 2.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, the Distinctive Style improvement cost 1 advantage instead of 3.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, Lightly Armored Hull was misnamed and was missing its optional +1 handling.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, the airspeeder's max altitude should have been 100, not 10 km.
  • Added the "Blaster" category for the Custom Grip attachment.
  • Fixed the name of the Alter Force power's Mastery node.
  • For crafting, changed the attachments for vehicle engines and hulls to enable them to work with custom vehicle frames.  This may cause some problems with current crafted vehicles.  If so, please recreate them using the new attachments.
  • For crafting, added two new templates for Powered Melee weapons, one for a cutting-edge weapon, and another for a bludgeoning weapon.  The original entry (without either one) still exists.
  • The text for the Merr-Sonn Model 31 Palm Stunner has been updated to use Stealth, rather than Resilience, for the opposed check, as per F&D errata.
  • The Now the Master talent is now a Force talent, as per F&D errata.
  • The Ion Blaster has been changed to rarity 3 and the Ion quality, rather than Stun (Droid Only).
  • Removed Disorient quality from thermal detonators.
  • Updated many older items to use base mods and other newer features for listed effects.  This will be an ongoing task.
  • Updated many vehicles to fix minor errors in stats, weapons, etc.  This will also be an ongoing task.
  • Updated the documentation PDF to include new features descriptions for version 2.3.1.
  • Added an updated German language file.  This file should be up-to-date as of release 2.3.0, but does not have new phrases added for this release.


New Features/Enhancements:

  • For crafting, added alchemical potions and talismans from "Unlimited Power".  This includes adding Force points to the pool.  Potions and talismans only show up in the Crafting dialog if the character has a Force rating.  Force points show up in pool and in the cost count only if a potion or talisman is being created.
  • Added tinkered items to talent description.
  • All item types (gear, armor, weapons, and vehicles) now support built-in attachments.  Data editors should now support this new feature.
  • For crafting, vehicles now support a "Custom" frame.  This frame can be any vehicle supported by the system.  Custom vehicles have the option of removing the engine and hulls to gain extra hard points for customization.  When you remove an engine, besides gaining 2 hard points, it will remove the vehicle's speed, defenses, and system strain.  When you remove a hull, besides gaining 3 hard points, it will remove armor and handling will change to 0.  Unlike standard frame templates, the custom template supports the option of not including engine and/or hull attachments when you customize an existing vehicle type.
  • Support for crafting-only item descriptors.  Currently, these descriptors are "set"-type descriptors that will set certain aspects of a custom vehicle to a particular value, such as speed, handling, armor, defense zones, etc.  Crafting-only descriptors will only be displayed during crafting: in other parts of the system, their results show up in the stats, but the mods themselves won't be displayed so they don't overly-complicate vehicle descriptions.
  • The dataset import feature of the Data Editor will now support dataset ZIP archives created with programs that do not include the base directory at the top.  This includes Windows' "Send To Compressed File" and other popular ZIP archivers.
  • Added support for civilian vehicle retrofitting from "Fully Operational".  This comes as a new attachment that can be added to any vehicle (although it is meant for civilian vehicles being retrofitted to use for military purposes).  This attachment will add a hard point to the vehicle, but will also have a degrading effect on the vehicle.  The GM may choose any of the optional mods (or more than one) as an undesired consequence of the hard point upgrade.
  • Added support for civilian refit bases from "Fully Operational".  All base types, except the rebel base, can be upgraded to work as a secret rebel base.  You can optionally conceal up to three civilian refit upgrades.  If your base contains unconcealed civilian refit upgrades, the number of boosts that a character receives to detect rebel activity will be displayed on the base sheet.
  • In the Data Editor, the base upgrade dialog now supports the "Civilian Refit" flag.  Checking this makes the upgrade a refit upgrade for civilian bases.  Refit upgrades make it easier to spot rebel activity at the base, but also makes the upgrade eligible for concealment.
  • GM Grants now supports the Dedication talent.  When Dedication is selected, clicking "Choose" will allow you to choose one characteristic for each rank of Dedication.
  • GM Grants now supports a filter for each grid.  The filter is applied to the name of the appropriate item in the grid.
  • Two new buttons have been added on the GM Grants dialog.  Suspend will save all of your grant changes, but turn off grants temporarily.  You can turn them back on by going back into GM Grants and clicking Grant.  Reset will remove all grants and allow you to start over.  In all cases, hitting Cancel will now revert your grants back to what they were when the dialog was first opened.

Bug Fixes:

  • If two or more equipped pieces of gear each had a built-in weapon, and then you tried to "Show" the weapon in the Weapon grid, only one would keep the "Show" checkmark intact.  This was because the two built-in weapons had the same key.  This has been fixed.
  • If a talent modified a weapon's qualities or other mods (such as Defensive Training), they would not be applied to defense.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, selecting an integrated attachment for vehicles did not always recalculate the vehicle.  So, certain changes would not always appear after selecting at attachment.  The changes would still be there after vehicle creation, however.  Now, vehicles are always recalculated after adding attachments.
  • Made sure the crafting attatchments for vehicles do not show up as purchasable (they are for crafting only).
  • Removed the "()" in weapon descriptions.  This was caused by the new scale description for weapons.
  • Made a number of minor fixes and tweaks.
  • If an external application was used to compress a dataset file, depending on what software was used, the resulting file sometimes had issues during import.  This was due to some ZIP software including the base directory in the archive, while others did not.  Both formats should now work during import.
  • When importing datasets in the Data Editor, if a data set's archive file was created by hand (that is, not using the Data Editor), then depending on the app that was used to create it, there was a chance that it wouldn't be recognized as a dataset.  This is because different ZIP programs use slightly different formats.  This should be fixed now.  However, it's generally a better idea to just use the Data Editor to create your datasets.
  • The tool strip on the Print Preview window was always showing the default Edge of the Empire color.  It will now match the color for the chosen skin.
     

Hi,

I'm trying to add GM grants for a the talent Soresu Technique.  It's not showing up in the list.  Also, I am unable to select any specializations to add for free.  I click the box and no check mark appears.  Is there a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an interesting bug. 

If you select something and then go to options and uncheck the source for that selection it will not remove the item that was selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, damnkid3 said:

On this page you can find all of the talent trees with descriptions, spreadsheet with all the data from the game.  Safely I think FFG/ Disney is not concerned about this product any more since it is complete with all 3 of their lines.  Their book production slowed down and they are focusing on other area.  Just my opinion on it, but I think you are good to put full details on.

It's better to not risk it.  This app has been available for so long and is used by so many people because it still pushes people to purchase the material.  If you change that and force FFG to push a Cease and Desist order on it then that immediately means no more updates.  

It is time consuming to update the details but it's worth it to keep such a good tool available.  Besides I like to keep the original reference information in the details so I can quickly see what source material it comes from if there is a question during my games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As SilindeT said, your personal data is saved in a separate folder that won't be overwritten during update and all of your characters, encounters, and adversaries (GM Tools) are saved separately as well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This tool is amazing, thank you.

I have a few questions regarding the Compact print option. It seems that it only prints the dice pool for skills the character has one or more ranks in, plus Cool, Perception and Vigilance. Is it possible to get more precise control over this? I couldn't find it anywhere in the options. In addition, in Compact mode, you often won't get all talents on the sheet. I don't mind using a separate page for a talent tree, but is there an option that makes it possible to boot even the last one-two talents of the compact sheet (to make more room for, say, those skill)?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Drubbels said:

This tool is amazing, thank you.

I have a few questions regarding the Compact print option. It seems that it only prints the dice pool for skills the character has one or more ranks in, plus Cool, Perception and Vigilance. Is it possible to get more precise control over this? I couldn't find it anywhere in the options. In addition, in Compact mode, you often won't get all talents on the sheet. I don't mind using a separate page for a talent tree, but is there an option that makes it possible to boot even the last one-two talents of the compact sheet (to make more room for, say, those skill)?

Thanks

why would you need to add more skills? if you have no ranks in them, then the dice pool is just the ability associated with it in green dice. 

As for the other questions Oggdude will have to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilindeT said:

why would you need to add more skills? if you have no ranks in them, then the dice pool is just the ability associated with it in green dice. 

As for the other questions Oggdude will have to answer.

I'm planning to run a game for beginners. I think that having the available skills in sight, dice pool and all, will be a big help in reminding them of what options are available and generally ease them into the game.

As it stands, I'll probably have to use the Standard print option to achieve this, but I'd really rather not because it spreads pertinent information over an unwieldy four pages (not even counting talent trees).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Compact sheet, can we have a two page version? A double-sided sheet with space to expand the number of skills, Talents, Force Powers, and equipment shown, kind of halfway between the current truncated Compact and the full version?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FuriousGreg said:

On the Compact sheet, can we have a two page version? A double-sided sheet with space to expand the number of skills, Talents, Force Powers, and equipment shown, kind of halfway between the current truncated Compact and the full version?

 

I'd like that very much.

In general,  I like my character sheets to extensively cover all mechanical information, but I don't really want them to bother with long-form descriptions of a character's appearance, background, motivation... Those things are great to have, I just don't see why they should be on the character sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the new updated version. I noticed Unlimited Power has two entries under the Source Selection options, one is "Unlimited Power" and the other is "Unlimited Powerr". I'm not sure what affect this has or if any duplication occurs. It appears at a quick glance that "Unlimited Power" contains all the data except Species, which are contained in "Unlimited Powerr".

Edited by garrionsw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been trying to get Oggdudes Character to run in wine, and am getting this error:

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style)
   at SWCharGen.EmbeddedFonts.GetFont(String name, Single Size, Boolean Bold, Boolean Italics)
   at SWCharGen.EmbeddedFonts.TeutonNormalFont(Single Size, Boolean Bold, Boolean Italics)
   at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.SetFonts()
   at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I believe it's root cause is that I don't have the required font installed in wine. So if I understand correctly I need the teuton font installed. Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 10:11 AM, OggDude said:

Version 2.3.1 has been released.  Download links are in my "About Me" page.  Web installs should automatically update.  Note that the files are still copying, so give it about 10-15 min from this post.

 

Release 2.3.1.0:

New/Changed Data:

  • Added all new information from "Unlimited Power", including species, specializations, talents, equipment and vehicles, motivations, backgrounds, signature abilities, lightsaber crystals, attachments, etc.
  • Fixed a number of errors for various items and data.
  • For crafting, the Ion Drive Array engine had 1 increase speed optional mod instead of 2.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, the Distinctive Style improvement cost 1 advantage instead of 3.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, Lightly Armored Hull was misnamed and was missing its optional +1 handling.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, the airspeeder's max altitude should have been 100, not 10 km.
  • Added the "Blaster" category for the Custom Grip attachment.
  • Fixed the name of the Alter Force power's Mastery node.
  • For crafting, changed the attachments for vehicle engines and hulls to enable them to work with custom vehicle frames.  This may cause some problems with current crafted vehicles.  If so, please recreate them using the new attachments.
  • For crafting, added two new templates for Powered Melee weapons, one for a cutting-edge weapon, and another for a bludgeoning weapon.  The original entry (without either one) still exists.
  • The text for the Merr-Sonn Model 31 Palm Stunner has been updated to use Stealth, rather than Resilience, for the opposed check, as per F&D errata.
  • The Now the Master talent is now a Force talent, as per F&D errata.
  • The Ion Blaster has been changed to rarity 3 and the Ion quality, rather than Stun (Droid Only).
  • Removed Disorient quality from thermal detonators.
  • Updated many older items to use base mods and other newer features for listed effects.  This will be an ongoing task.
  • Updated many vehicles to fix minor errors in stats, weapons, etc.  This will also be an ongoing task.
  • Updated the documentation PDF to include new features descriptions for version 2.3.1.
  • Added an updated German language file.  This file should be up-to-date as of release 2.3.0, but does not have new phrases added for this release.


New Features/Enhancements:

  • For crafting, added alchemical potions and talismans from "Unlimited Power".  This includes adding Force points to the pool.  Potions and talismans only show up in the Crafting dialog if the character has a Force rating.  Force points show up in pool and in the cost count only if a potion or talisman is being created.
  • Added tinkered items to talent description.
  • All item types (gear, armor, weapons, and vehicles) now support built-in attachments.  Data editors should now support this new feature.
  • For crafting, vehicles now support a "Custom" frame.  This frame can be any vehicle supported by the system.  Custom vehicles have the option of removing the engine and hulls to gain extra hard points for customization.  When you remove an engine, besides gaining 2 hard points, it will remove the vehicle's speed, defenses, and system strain.  When you remove a hull, besides gaining 3 hard points, it will remove armor and handling will change to 0.  Unlike standard frame templates, the custom template supports the option of not including engine and/or hull attachments when you customize an existing vehicle type.
  • Support for crafting-only item descriptors.  Currently, these descriptors are "set"-type descriptors that will set certain aspects of a custom vehicle to a particular value, such as speed, handling, armor, defense zones, etc.  Crafting-only descriptors will only be displayed during crafting: in other parts of the system, their results show up in the stats, but the mods themselves won't be displayed so they don't overly-complicate vehicle descriptions.
  • The dataset import feature of the Data Editor will now support dataset ZIP archives created with programs that do not include the base directory at the top.  This includes Windows' "Send To Compressed File" and other popular ZIP archivers.
  • Added support for civilian vehicle retrofitting from "Fully Operational".  This comes as a new attachment that can be added to any vehicle (although it is meant for civilian vehicles being retrofitted to use for military purposes).  This attachment will add a hard point to the vehicle, but will also have a degrading effect on the vehicle.  The GM may choose any of the optional mods (or more than one) as an undesired consequence of the hard point upgrade.
  • Added support for civilian refit bases from "Fully Operational".  All base types, except the rebel base, can be upgraded to work as a secret rebel base.  You can optionally conceal up to three civilian refit upgrades.  If your base contains unconcealed civilian refit upgrades, the number of boosts that a character receives to detect rebel activity will be displayed on the base sheet.
  • In the Data Editor, the base upgrade dialog now supports the "Civilian Refit" flag.  Checking this makes the upgrade a refit upgrade for civilian bases.  Refit upgrades make it easier to spot rebel activity at the base, but also makes the upgrade eligible for concealment.
  • GM Grants now supports the Dedication talent.  When Dedication is selected, clicking "Choose" will allow you to choose one characteristic for each rank of Dedication.
  • GM Grants now supports a filter for each grid.  The filter is applied to the name of the appropriate item in the grid.
  • Two new buttons have been added on the GM Grants dialog.  Suspend will save all of your grant changes, but turn off grants temporarily.  You can turn them back on by going back into GM Grants and clicking Grant.  Reset will remove all grants and allow you to start over.  In all cases, hitting Cancel will now revert your grants back to what they were when the dialog was first opened.

Bug Fixes:

  • If two or more equipped pieces of gear each had a built-in weapon, and then you tried to "Show" the weapon in the Weapon grid, only one would keep the "Show" checkmark intact.  This was because the two built-in weapons had the same key.  This has been fixed.
  • If a talent modified a weapon's qualities or other mods (such as Defensive Training), they would not be applied to defense.  This has been fixed.
  • For crafting, selecting an integrated attachment for vehicles did not always recalculate the vehicle.  So, certain changes would not always appear after selecting at attachment.  The changes would still be there after vehicle creation, however.  Now, vehicles are always recalculated after adding attachments.
  • Made sure the crafting attatchments for vehicles do not show up as purchasable (they are for crafting only).
  • Removed the "()" in weapon descriptions.  This was caused by the new scale description for weapons.
  • Made a number of minor fixes and tweaks.
  • If an external application was used to compress a dataset file, depending on what software was used, the resulting file sometimes had issues during import.  This was due to some ZIP software including the base directory in the archive, while others did not.  Both formats should now work during import.
  • When importing datasets in the Data Editor, if a data set's archive file was created by hand (that is, not using the Data Editor), then depending on the app that was used to create it, there was a chance that it wouldn't be recognized as a dataset.  This is because different ZIP programs use slightly different formats.  This should be fixed now.  However, it's generally a better idea to just use the Data Editor to create your datasets.
  • The tool strip on the Print Preview window was always showing the default Edge of the Empire color.  It will now match the color for the chosen skin.
     

I like the new built-in attachments, but it's still adding the extra hard points for them without filling them in with the built-in attachments themselves like it used to. Not sure which way you wanted to go with that, the extra HP count already filled in, or the built-in attachments not showing as using slots and just the normal number of HP available?

I also ran into a bug where a rank 1 tinkerer wasn't applying the extra HP and every time loading the character would prompt on load to choose an item for the talent. 

Also ran into an issue where unselecting tinkerer from the spec tree would wipe all the existing attachments on an item, if it there was still an open HP slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, Gearlocke said:

There seems to be an error with lightsabers in the crafting section.  Asides from the standard and pole lightsabers; it is listing and applying the wrong damage.  It's effectively applying the -1 damage twice and even applying it once on the double-bladed lightsaber which doesn't have it.  I thought that maybe it was something in the errata you were applying but I couldn't find anything about it.  Btw is there a section for the crafting tool in the data editor?

I don't understand what the problem is.  What exactly are you trying to craft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, kkahl395 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to add GM grants for a the talent Soresu Technique.  It's not showing up in the list.  Also, I am unable to select any specializations to add for free.  I click the box and no check mark appears.  Is there a bug?

I'm not including talents that 1) change skill characteristics, 2) add HPs, or 3) chooses a vehicle for the Rigger spec.  I may add them in the future, just like I added Dedication, but not for this release.

And yes, the specialization check box thing is a bug.  It'll be fixed in the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 9:08 PM, SilindeT said:

I found an interesting bug. 

If you select something and then go to options and uncheck the source for that selection it will not remove the item that was selected.

This is by design.  Unselecting a source doesn't make the source available for future changes.  However, if you already have something selected that uses that source, it's not going to unselect it and potentially remove specs, talents, etc.  That could be rather disastrous. So yes, if you have something that uses a source, then you uncheck the source, it will still show up in your character sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 4:38 AM, Varlie said:

It's better to not risk it.  This app has been available for so long and is used by so many people because it still pushes people to purchase the material.  If you change that and force FFG to push a Cease and Desist order on it then that immediately means no more updates.  

It is time consuming to update the details but it's worth it to keep such a good tool available.  Besides I like to keep the original reference information in the details so I can quickly see what source material it comes from if there is a question during my games.

Also, people seem to have this notion that I have a secret stash of all items with all detailed descriptions from all the books.  Nope :)  When I add new items from new books, the only descriptions I have are "Please see page..." blah blah blah.  I haven't even added them for my own person data.  For that, I use a custom data set that someone put together (I own all the books, so I have no problem doing this).  I barely have enough time to do releases now and again, I really don't have the time to type in all descriptions for everything from the books.

I do appreciate the time it took others to do this, however, just as I appreciate the time it took for the original authors to add descriptions in the books.  So, make sure you own the books before adding a data set for descriptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×