Jump to content
OggDude

Another Character Generator

Recommended Posts

I have a small UI request. Currently when you learn a lightsaber technique it will swap out brawn for that characteristic. When you own more than one technique it will only display the last one you had selected. Would it be possible, at least in the "shown weapons" block, to have your different dice pools displayed in a stack? So it shows my Brawn lightsaber check, under that it shows my pool for my cunning check and so on.

Lightsaber   Br YYY

                      Cu YGG

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jedifish said:

When I try to import the 1.8 beta, it tells me that it doesn't have a valid data set. Am I missing something?

1.8beta is not a data set. it is a upgrade. but it has some problems Ogg is still working on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 9:05 PM, CrunchyDemon said:

I'm so sorry if this is a difficult question to answer.

I'm GM'ing.  My intent is to staff a Marauder Assault Corvette with minions for the gunner positions and group the like weapons on this ship into batteries.

The Marauder Assault Corvette has:

4 Forward Mounted Twin Light Turbolasers (I'd like to group these into a battery)

4 Turret Mounted Twin Light Turbolasers (hopefully grouped into a battery)

3  Forward Mounted Light Tractor Beams (hopefully grouped into a battery)

I'm in the vehicle roster page and have added the appropriate groups of minions into the adversaries list for the encounter containing this ship.

Is there a way to do this in the GM tools to get the printout to show me the minion upgraded gunnery checks for weapon batteries?

You could try creating new weapons with the combined stats of the weapons in the data editor and set up a ship with those weapons rather than the typical loadout? Not sure if you're planning on having them all fire on a location, whether you'd want to treat them as linked, or whether individual weapons can miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ogg, any chance that you could add an option to record any lasting critical hits on the generator as I have had occasion to carry these over after updating the character sheet and it seems that I forgot to write it on the new sheet when I printed it off.  Actually inputting it and having it printed, with difficulty on the critical hits section would be really helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2017 at 10:19 PM, bradknowles said:

Opps meant to quote this one.

Q: Is it permissible to gain a Customizable Hard Point by removing a weapon from a stock ship?

A: Hello ShadoWarrior,

If you remove a stock weapon from a ship, you do not get a hard point that you can replace with anything. So in effect, that hard point is lost.
 
So its a big NO on removing an installed weapon slot to regain an HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a question for Oggdude or really anyone who may know.  Is there a way to GM grant Skills or Specializations to a player?  I regularly use these as alternate rewards and have struggled with making them work within the Character builder.  I've been using work around by either awarding items that grant the skill or enough xp to pay for the new specialization, but it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about the work arounds.

Edited by SladeWeston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SladeWeston said:

I've got a question for Oggdude or really anyone who may know.  Is there a way to GM grant Skills or Specializations to a player?  I regularly use these as alternate rewards and have struggled with making them work within the Character builder.  I've been using work around by either awarding items that grant the skill or enough xp to pay for the new specialization, but it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about the work arounds.

Under options you can activate "Allow GM Grants." This opens up a  "GM Grants" button on the "Description" tab. 

Edited by Scambler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scambler said:

Under options you can activate "Allow GM Grants." This opens up a  "GM Grants" button on the "Description" tab. 

Thank you for the reply, but as far as I know, the current options for GM Grants don't allow for either of the things I mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SladeWeston said:

Thank you for the reply, but as far as I know, the current options for GM Grants don't allow for either of the things I mentioned.

Hmmm. What version of the app are you using? I've granted, skills, skill ranks, and specializations via the GM grants function. I can't provide a screenshot of the UI while at work but can do so later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scambler said:

The GM grants dialogue screen has three main sections. The first is for specializations, the middle is for skills (and ranks), the third is for granting talents.

Wow, I'm an idiot.  I have no idea how I missed that.  Thanks a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey oggy, when you get to endless vigil can you spend a bit of time figuring out how the "pistol hilt" attachment works, e.g. is the damage the same as the lightsaber crystal (base 6) or a flat 6, and what happens when it's added to a double bladed lightsaber  (if neither  blade is ignited does the pistol hilt have linked 1?), and I don't imagine that the character generator needs to deal with one blade being ignited linked and a shoot/slash linked combo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Hey oggy, when you get to endless vigil can you spend a bit of time figuring out how the "pistol hilt" attachment works, e.g. is the damage the same as the lightsaber crystal (base 6) or a flat 6, and what happens when it's added to a double bladed lightsaber  (if neither  blade is ignited does the pistol hilt have linked 1?), and I don't imagine that the character generator needs to deal with one blade being ignited linked and a shoot/slash linked combo)

It'd be a flat six, since the built-in blaster is a separate weapon and thus unaffected by the stats of the 'saber crystal or other values of hilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

It'd be a flat six, since the built-in blaster is a separate weapon and thus unaffected by the stats of the 'saber crystal or other values of hilt.

Which is a shame, considering how the crystal could enhance the blaster shots as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tom Cruise said:

There's pretty much no canon precedent for lightsaber crystals powering blasters as far as I'm aware. Not even in Legends stuff, unless I've missed something.

Isn't that kind of the kids thing in Rebels? His lightsaber doubles as a blaster? I haven't watched anything besides the first season, and that was a while back so I'm blanking on his name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Cruise said:

There's pretty much no canon precedent for lightsaber crystals powering blasters as far as I'm aware. Not even in Legends stuff, unless I've missed something.

Depends on how strict you are.  SWTOR the MMO uses saber and blaster crystals interchangeably and of course the Deathstar used Kybers.  Also as riddler89 says, Ezra from SW: Rebels uses a saber with a blaster in the hilt.  This mod was even recreated in Endless Vigil.

 

Edited by SladeWeston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's the attachment being discussed, but nothing in the show indicates the crystal has any interaction with the blaster pistol; it seems to be its own thing. Especially considering it fires stun blasts, I imagine blaster shots funnelled through a lightsaber crystal would be similar in lethality to the lightsaber blade itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tom Cruise said:

considering it fires stun blasts, I imagine blaster shots funnelled through a lightsaber crystal would be similar in lethality to the lightsaber blade itself.

Considering that a standard blaster pistol or rifle can fire lethal or stun bolts with the flick of a switch, why couldn't Ezra's weapon also do both?

OTOH, Legends had blasters using an ionized gas (Tibanna) to create the plasma used to form blaster bolts, while the mechanics of lightsabers (plasma swords) didn't use the same internals (no Tibanna gas, for example). Not sure what the new D-canon has to say on how blasters work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, riddler89 said:

Isn't that kind of the kids thing in Rebels? His lightsaber doubles as a blaster? I haven't watched anything besides the first season, and that was a while back so I'm blanking on his name. 

Ezra was the kid's name, and given how bulky the hilt was (to the point of being compared to a staple gun), the blaster portion seems to be an entirely different function of the lightsaber blade itself, and was installed by Ezra due to his not being very good at reflecting blaster fire at the time, though Kanan was able to use it to good effect to throw the Grand Inquisitor off his game during their final match-up.  Kind of telling about how much Ezra's grown as a Jedi that his new lightsaber doesn't have the same gimmick, and is instead a more traditional style of lightsaber hilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×