OggDude

Another Character Generator

OggDude, question for you that I posted in a previous post., I did not see a reply, so I apologize if I missed it:

Not sure if this topic has been mentioned before. I have a group of players that have created characters in a version of the character generator older than the most recent one. I have imported their files into the most recent version of the tool, their characters show that they have spent 20 more xp than they were allotted. Is this a known bug, and if so is there a fix for this?

Not sure, but it might have to do with career/non-career skills.  Older versions didn't keep track of how many ranks of a skill were purchased as non-career or career.  So, for instance, if they put ranks into non-career skills, then purchased a specialization that made those skills career skills, they'd get the difference in XP "refunded" to them.  To fix this, I added a column to the skills pane that let's you choose how many ranks of a skill were purchased as non-career.  In later versions, it keeps track of this automatically, but for older characters, you might have to adjust it by hand.

More than likely, they purchased 4 ranks-worth of non-career skills that were later turned into career skills.  To fix it, just adjust the non-career skill ranks of the skills.

OggDude, thanks for the response. Found out it was stupidity on my part. I had my players create with a GM Grant of recruit and I forgot to click the GM Grants option of my character generator. All cleared up now.

Oggy,

Thanks for finally getting Special Modifications in there!

I found some bugs/ errors already though.

Template Blaster Rifles and Blaster Pistols seem to have their accuracy doubled when you go to print the character sheet.

The light weight modification for weapons seems to only be available once.

In the description of the Optimized Energy Cell, When is misspelled Wne.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Thanks,

Dakkar

Hey Oggdude, 

I ran into an error trying to update, and tried to uninstall for a fresh slate, but ran into the same error. Any ideas would be outstanding! Disk space isn't an issue, I have 20+ GB available.

Gq1kox2.jpg

Hi Oggy,

Strange thing: after updating to 1.7.0 the Character Generator does not show any of my characters. My data is stored in a custom directory, so this is unexpected.

The Data Editor correctly shows my custom DataSet, so I assume I have things setup correctly.

I tried exporting all my characters using 1.6.3 and then importing into 1.7.0 but I get the error: "Not a valid character".

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

Oggy,

Thanks for finally getting Special Modifications in there!

I found some bugs/ errors already though.

Template Blaster Rifles and Blaster Pistols seem to have their accuracy doubled when you go to print the character sheet.

The light weight modification for weapons seems to only be available once.

In the description of the Optimized Energy Cell, When is misspelled Wne.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Thanks,

Dakkar

The templates are going away in the next release, in favor of a more robust crafting system.  I did fix the spelling error, though :)

Does the 'More Machine Than Man' Talent actually up your Cyber limit in the program?

Looks like everyone can exceed that limit now without an error message - I assume we just eyeball it, yes?  

Does the 'More Machine Than Man' Talent actually up your Cyber limit in the program?

Looks like everyone can exceed that limit now without an error message - I assume we just eyeball it, yes?  

It does keep track of your cybernetics max, but you're right, it doesn't enforce it.  Just add and equip a cybernetic and you'll see the count displayed.  And yes, "More Machine than Man" does up that max count.

I suppose I could start enforcing the max, maybe with an option to ignore it.

Thanks, that's cool, we won't cheat :)

I figured that one might be hard to implement, I have no problem with common-sense rules.

(Ah, I see the problem; we were using a self-made version of 'MMTM' and I've now corrected this to your version! Thanks Ogg!)

Edited by Maelora

Just installed the new version.... Every character I try to load gets either a "Character failed to load." error or:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SWCharGen.CharRigger.GetVehicleList()
   at SWCharGen.CharRigger.get_allVehicles()
   at SWCharGen.CharRigger.SetSigVehicleAttachments()
   at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.CharacterButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.dvgCharacters_CellDoubleClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellDoubleClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just installed the new version.... Every character I try to load gets either a "Character failed to load." error or:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SWCharGen.frmSWCharGenMain.dvgCharacters_CellDoubleClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellDoubleClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clear the cache and try again.  I put a time/date constraint in the cache list code, so it should invalidate the cached characters automatically.  I'll have to check; maybe I forgot to include characters (dopey me).

Edit:  I do fudge the date for the character loader as well, so I'm not sure why it's doing that.  Clearing the cache should fix it, at any rate.

Edit 2:  Oh, didn't see the "rigger" part.  If you send me your character, I'll check it out.  Does the character have a signature vehicle? And if so, is it part of the character?

Edited by OggDude

Clear the cache and try again.  I put a time/date constraint in the cache list code, so it should invalidate the cached characters automatically.  I'll have to check; maybe I forgot to include characters (dopey me).

Edit:  I do fudge the date for the character loader as well, so I'm not sure why it's doing that.  Clearing the cache should fix it, at any rate.

Edit 2:  Oh, didn't see the "rigger" part.  If you send me your character, I'll check it out.  Does the character have a signature vehicle? And if so, is it part of the character?

Working now.  No, that character wasn't a rigger.  Which is why I found it kind of odd...  I got it from all of my characters (including the non-riggers).

Cache clearing worked, though, so I'm cooking with grease now.  Thanks!

Hey Oggy,

So now I'm seeing another problem with lightsabers and defense.  Defense seems to be doubling what it should be.  I just took a basic lightsaber hilt and added a curved hilt to it.  When I equipped it, it showed as 2 melee defense.  When I added in a Lorrdian Gemstone with full upgrades, it became 4 ranged and 6 melee defense.

And on top of that, if I remove the Lorrdian Gemstone so it just shows as 2 melee defense, and make them Niman, when I take the first pick of Defensive training nothing changes, but when I take the second pick, the defense increases to 3.

Sorry to be such a continual hassle with this!

First off, have to say, love the tool.

Just notice a few things:

1.) Heavy Energy Rifle (Template) list at 400 credits, should be 1000

2.) having issues with melee weapons and the "Add Damage Mod", this adds damage to a Damage line not the Damage Mod line

3.) taking a heavy blaster pistol and adding 1.) Blaster Actuating Module (modded +1 damage, +1 pierce), 2.) Rapid-Recharge XCiter (modded 2x decrease inaccurate), listed still a total of 4 set back dice

4.) Vibro-Bayonet Attachment - it is adding +1 enc, (as per book this should not be the chase, does not list any additional encrumbrance value)

I have been able to use the data editor to correct a few of these issues, but just wondering where I can find the "Add Damage Mod" entries, so I can correct those.

And again, the tool is great and I appreciate all your work into it.

Edited by Tryss

Hey Oggy,

So now I'm seeing another problem with lightsabers and defense.  Defense seems to be doubling what it should be.  I just took a basic lightsaber hilt and added a curved hilt to it.  When I equipped it, it showed as 2 melee defense.  When I added in a Lorrdian Gemstone with full upgrades, it became 4 ranged and 6 melee defense.

And on top of that, if I remove the Lorrdian Gemstone so it just shows as 2 melee defense, and make them Niman, when I take the first pick of Defensive training nothing changes, but when I take the second pick, the defense increases to 3.

Sorry to be such a continual hassle with this!

Well, that was dumb.  When I fixed AllQualities to include qualities from all sources (base qualities, base mods, and attachments, as well as talent changes), I didn't remove the check for base mods and attachment mods during the attribute calculations.  So, it was getting defense from AllQualities, as well as from the attachments, which was already included in AllQualities.  Hence, it showed up twice.

I'm going to collect minor fixes like this for the next couple of days and do a bug fix release when I get enough.  Speaking of which... could you guys play around with the new reporting feature, especially the filter language?  It's brand new and hasn't been shaken out yet, so it more than likely has issues that needs fixing.

First off, thanks for getting the update to us, Oggy!

Installed the new version tonight. For some reason, out of all the custom data and descriptions I've put in, it won't read the descriptions I've added to the Talents. If I redirect to a different copy of the data, the custom descriptions return. I've tried copying the Talents.xml file into my normal location and, on one attempt, the custom descriptions showed up again. A later restart of the software lost the custom descriptions again. I've cleared the cache, with no results. Any idea what might be going on?

Installed the new version tonight. For some reason, out of all the custom data and descriptions I've put in, it won't read the descriptions I've added to the Talents. If I redirect to a different copy of the data, the custom descriptions return. I've tried copying the Talents.xml file into my normal location and, on one attempt, the custom descriptions showed up again. A later restart of the software lost the custom descriptions again. I've cleared the cache, with no results. Any idea what might be going on?

Try removing any data sets.  I bet a data set is overwriting the changes in the default custom data.

Try removing any data sets.  I bet a data set is overwriting the changes in the default custom data.

I've only got the default data set.

Also...I tried modifying the description of one item to see if it would "jump start" accessing the Talent custom data, and it completely overwrote the rest of the custom Talent file, leaving only the single updated entry, both displayed in software and in the Talent.xml file.

I think I've got it. Somehow, it appears that the </Talents> tag at the end of the file got wiped out. Once I re-entered it, the custom descriptions are back, even after a restart of the software. I'll check again tomorrow, and see if they're still there.

Edited by Nytwyng

OggDude, you're a hero.  95% of the reason I got into TTRPG is your character creator.

I do have one request - could you add some new sort options to the equipment screen?  I'd love to be able to sort by skills like Ranged (Heavy), Ranged (Light), Melee, Brawn, Gunnery, and Misc instead of the current ones.

Speaking of which... could you guys play around with the new reporting feature, especially the filter language?  It's brand new and hasn't been shaken out yet, so it more than likely has issues that needs fixing.

OK, so per your request...I started messing around with an Obligation Table and while working through it I got the following error:

System.ArgumentException: 'SourceName' is not a member of type 'SWCharGen.Obligation'
   at System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.PropertyOrField(Expression expression, String propertyOrFieldName)
   at SWCharGen.MySettings.GetPropertyValue[T](T item, String propertyExpressionString, Boolean useDisplayNameForEnums)
   at SWCharGen.PropInfo.GetValue(Object item, List`1 theChain, Int32 currentIndex)
   at SWCharGen.PropInfo.GetValueFromBaseItem(Object item)
   at SWCharGen.frmEditReport.dvgFiltProp_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_NoSelectionChangeCount(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseDown(HitTestInfo hti, Boolean isShiftDown, Boolean isControlDown)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseDown(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SWCharGenGMTools
    Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenGMTools.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SWCharGenLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenLib.DLL
SWCharGenCtlLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenCtlLib.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.Data.SqlServerCe
    Assembly Version: 3.5.1.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.5692.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/System.Data.SqlServerCe.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
SWCharGenRulesLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenRulesLib.DLL
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Speaking of which... could you guys play around with the new reporting feature, especially the filter language?  It's brand new and hasn't been shaken out yet, so it more than likely has issues that needs fixing.

OK, so per your request...I started messing around with an Obligation Table and while working through it I got the following error:

System.ArgumentException: 'SourceName' is not a member of type 'SWCharGen.Obligation'
   at System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.PropertyOrField(Expression expression, String propertyOrFieldName)
   at SWCharGen.MySettings.GetPropertyValue[T](T item, String propertyExpressionString, Boolean useDisplayNameForEnums)
   at SWCharGen.PropInfo.GetValue(Object item, List`1 theChain, Int32 currentIndex)
   at SWCharGen.PropInfo.GetValueFromBaseItem(Object item)
   at SWCharGen.frmEditReport.dvgFiltProp_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_NoSelectionChangeCount(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseDown(HitTestInfo hti, Boolean isShiftDown, Boolean isControlDown)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseDown(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

mscorlib
SWCharGenGMTools
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenGMTools.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SWCharGenLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenLib.DLL
SWCharGenCtlLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenCtlLib.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Microsoft.mshtml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.Data.SqlServerCe
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/System.Data.SqlServerCe.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
SWCharGenRulesLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lance/Desktop/Backup%20043016/Lance's%20Stuff/Games/Roleplay%20Games/SWEotE/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenRulesLib.DLL
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Do you remember what you were doing?  Were you in the filter step?  If so, what was the filter?

Do you remember what you were doing?  Were you in the filter step?  If so, what was the filter?

I was in the filter step...and I don't know if this helps..but I was modifying an already created report (playing around...seeing what I can do with it)

The original report had NAME, DESCRIPTION,Single source name, and Key...

also, I realzied i had a "no more space" issue on the spacing on the "select columns for this report"

Also the filter I was clicking was SourceName.Length

The top of the message reads:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.l If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

'SourceName' is not a member of type

'SWCharGen.BaseOfOperation'.

Edited by Greyh Seer

I was in the filter step...and I don't know if this helps..but I was modifying an already created report (playing around...seeing what I can do with it)

The original report had NAME, DESCRIPTION,Single source name, and Key...

also, I realzied i had a "no more space" issue on the spacing on the "select columns for this report"

Also the filter I was clicking was SourceName.Length

The top of the message reads:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.l If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

'SourceName' is not a member of type

'SWCharGen.BaseOfOperation'.

OK, I figured it out.  Some non-base properties were sneaking into the property list in step 2 :)  I used the wrong criteria to filter them out.  SourceName is a base property of Source, not DataItem, so it shouldn't have been in the list.  It's now being filtered properly.  And while I was at it, if a report has a bad column selected, I remove it before it's displayed.

I also noticed that the Prev button might be enabled, but not do anything.  Now, if there's an issue, the Prev button will be disabled.

Keep 'em coming!

I get an unhandled exception when trying to print any Force power trees I've added. I forget how to use the spoiler function for this sight, but here's what I'm getting.

at SWCharGen.PowerTree.FindVisibleNodes(PowerTreeNode node)
   at SWCharGen.PowerTree.CreateLines(PowerTreeNode node)
   at SWCharGen.PowerTree.GeneratePowerTree(ForcePower fpow)
   at SWCharGen.CharCtlSpecTree.Initialize(Character myChar, ForcePower fpow, Boolean bw, CharData myData, Boolean noTitle, Int32 maxHeight)
   at SWCharGen.frmPrintTrees.DoPowerTree(List`1 pages, Boolean bw)
   at SWCharGen.frmPrintTrees.GenerateCharSheet()
   at SWCharGen.frmPrintTrees.myDoc_PrintPage(Object sender, PrintPageEventArgs e)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, PrintPageEventArgs e)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.OnPrintPage(PrintPageEventArgs e)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument._OnPrintPage(PrintPageEventArgs e)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.PrintLoop(PrintDocument document)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.Print(PrintDocument document)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.Print()
   at SWCharGen.CoolPrintPreviewControl.RefreshPreview()
   at SWCharGen.CoolPrintPreviewControl.set_Document(PrintDocument value)
   at SWCharGen.CoolPrintPreviewDialog.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

mscorlib
SWCharGenGMTools
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Carson/Downloads/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenGMTools.exe
System.Core
System
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
SWCharGenLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Carson/Downloads/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenLib.DLL
SWCharGenCtlLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Carson/Downloads/SWEotECharGen/SWCharGenCtlLib.DLL
System.Configuration
System.Xml
Microsoft.mshtml
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.Data.SqlServerCe
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Carson/Downloads/SWEotECharGen/System.Data.SqlServerCe.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1082.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
System.Transactions
Accessibility
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I get an unhandled exception when trying to print any Force power trees I've added. I forget how to use the spoiler function for this sight, but here's what I'm getting.

at SWCharGen.PowerTree.FindVisibleNodes(PowerTreeNode node)

at SWCharGen.PowerTree.CreateLines(PowerTreeNode node)

at SWCharGen.PowerTree.GeneratePowerTree(ForcePower fpow)

It works fine on all of the Force trees that come with the app.  I think the problem is it's not finding a Force ability for some reason, although if you did this through the Data Editor, it should have detected if you removed an ability that was used by a tree, and warned you.

Try editing the tree in the Data Editor and see if you find a problem.