OggDude

Another Character Generator

8,571 posts in this topic

One other thing to consider adding.

For homebrew talents, the option to make it a Force-sensitive talent; i.e. you need Force Rating 1+ in order to use it.  Thus, allowing the talent to have the little explosion symbol next to the talent's name when viewing the talent tree either in the chargen itself or the character sheet.

In the GM tools, for the group sheet print out, is there a way to get it to sort the obligation from highest to lowest, per the rules?

My current group has 4 players. Two have an obligation of 20, two have an obligation of 10. The list should be:

1-20 Player 1

21-40 Player 2

41-50 Player 3

51-60 Player 4

It seems to have it reversed with the lowest obligation first.

Any idea if/when Signature Abilities will be accessible via the Character Generator? And, if they are there, how do I access them?

you have to attach them to your career tree and you have to have the opposite 5th row talents. 

Perhaps I am using the Encounter creator in an unintended way.

I'm trying to design an adventure where the players break out of prison. Since there are several paths they can take, the encounter descriptions end up rather long (I have one that fills an entire page). Though thinking about it, perhaps I should be writing my actual adventure somewhere else and just putting quick notes about the encounter there.

Anyhow, when the encounter information fills a page, there is no initiative tracker displayed. It also appears that if I were to write more than a page, it would be cut off at one page.

I'm trying to design an adventure where the players break out of prison. Since there are several paths they can take, the encounter descriptions end up rather long (I have one that fills an entire page). Though thinking about it, perhaps I should be writing my actual adventure somewhere else and just putting quick notes about the encounter there.

Anyhow, when the encounter information fills a page, there is no initiative tracker displayed. It also appears that if I were to write more than a page, it would be cut off at one page.

Break your paths into into multiple encounters along each path. So if going down path a has you meet prison guards at several points with a different number of guards at each point. Each of those points is an encounter. If the other path is guards then varying numbers of admin. each groups of admins is an encounter.

The way to think about it is in terms of if you were to do a dungeon crawl each room is an encounter. Use the same thinking. only it is not based on rooms but based on groupings that the players will encounter at one time. 

Break your paths into into multiple encounters along each path. So if going down path a has you meet prison guards at several points with a different number of guards at each point. Each of those points is an encounter. If the other path is guards then varying numbers of admin. each groups of admins is an encounter.

The way to think about it is in terms of if you were to do a dungeon crawl each room is an encounter. Use the same thinking. only it is not based on rooms but based on groupings that the players will encounter at one time.

The way it is set up, the PCs have time to explore the small prison aside from one room where the guards are. Its kind of a trap type thing. So I have descriptions of the few rooms they can explore, what can be found, etc. There are three rooms with no guards, and no risk of guards.

The other problem is, if you don't attach an adversary to the encounter, the print option gives an entirely blank page. I forgot that part. This is probably a bug? Then again, encounters are technically supposed to have adversaries.

Right now I have all three rooms attached to the final encounter when the PCs walk into the room with the waiting guards. It takes up just over 1 full page, with the last line appearing below the page number on the print out. This overlaps the initiative chart and symbol key completely.

Thankfully I am not too far into it. I am probably going to change up how I am doing things anyway. This is my first adventure and I'd like feedback, so I'm making everything fairly detailed right now. I'm sure with more practice I'll be able to go with less detail, especially if I'm not planning to share it.

Bug(ish) report.

In the skills page of character generation, the values under "Cyber" are all editable values.  As a result, any time you click one, you get an error message.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxEditingControl' to type 'System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox'.
   at SWCharGen.Form1.dataGridView1_CellClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SWCharGen
    Assembly Version: 1.3.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Paul%20Tessier/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/N543GCEX.3QD/15B7B8B1.PKM/swch..tion_de51780b26683057_0001.0003_03284381f381689a/SWCharGen.exe
----------------------------------------

Sorry if I just missed this among the previous posts, but it seems that if you check the override to allow Morality on non-Force-users, selecting +XP options from the bonus dropdown doesn't work. It works fine with Force-users.

All lightsaber damages are adding brawn if you take a hilt and add a crystal.

I'm guessing the issue is that the hilts are listed with Damage 0 and with no added damage bonus.  You don't get that issue with ranged weapons because they've all got a flat damage value and the program is probably designed for an "either/or" situation as to which Damage field to use.  Since the hilts have the flat damage entry marked as 0, the program probably defaults to the added Damage field, reading it as "+0" instead of just zero.

Errata...  Fusion Cutter (listed under weapons in character creation) says to see AoR 129.  It should be AoR 197.

Also... Not sure what this is (it's not causing any problems anywhere, but I just noticed it and am the kind of person to want to figure it out)... but if you purchase a piece of armor for a character, the scroll bar in which to select the armor to purchase makes a tiny scroll bar right next to itself (it does not appear if you just add the armor - only if you purchase it).  There doesn't seem to be any function or effect of this tiny bar, but I can slide it up and down the full length of the armor window.  If I go to any other page (weapons, gear, talents, etc) then return, it dissappears until I purchase a piece of armor again.
Again, this one isn't anything big or in need of fixing... I just noticed it and my curiosity has been piqued as to what's causing it :P

Edited by Trinity351

Feature request:

The ability to add critical injuries to PC character sheets via the character generator which then impacts various stats effect wise.

My group and I have a bad habit of forgetting crit effects, if they effected things on the character sheet then it would mean that we'd just have to follow the sheet. My groups also have a bad habbit of keeping criticals for a looong time, which gets time consuming when they print a new sheet and have to transfer the crits over.

I can't seem to change the quantity number on weapons. It's really annoying, because a player has 2 vibroknives and they are showing up twice on the stat block.

I can't seem to change the quantity number on weapons. It's really annoying, because a player has 2 vibroknives and they are showing up twice on the stat block.

Remove both. Add a Vibroknife again and increase the quantity to 2. A bit cumbersome, but it will work.

Remove both. Add a Vibroknife again and increase the quantity to 2. A bit cumbersome, but it will work.

Actually it adds the weapons one at a time. In gear it allows you to select quantity but not in weapons.

Actually it adds the weapons one at a time. In gear it allows you to select quantity but not in weapons.

It might depend on the weapon then.

Also, do you not want it to show on the bottom of the first page? Unchecked the "show" box. It will still be in the inventory page, but will not show up at the bottom under the skills.

It might depend on the weapon then.

Also, do you not want it to show on the bottom of the first page? Unchecked the "show" box. It will still be in the inventory page, but will not show up at the bottom under the skills.

I Know what it does for the character sheet. I am not talking about a character sheet. I am talking about statblocks for the players when you go into GM mode.

Is it possible for the user to increase the size of the text on the character sheet? I have a couple of players with poor eyesight and they are having difficulty reading skills and weapon information. Otherwise I love the program, great work!

Edit: I am referring to the character sheet that gets printed out. Much of the first 2 pages are taken up by blocks devoted to notes, so it seemed like I may be missing some option somewhere to increase text size to utilize that note space and make for easier reading on my 'vision impaired' players.

Edited by TheKing1nYellow
progressions likes this

How do you change the attribute to make a lightsaber agl from brn??

When you select a talent that allows it you select the stat from the top right corner of that page

Jaspor likes this

Is it possible for the user to increase the size of the text on the character sheet? I have a couple of players with poor eyesight and they are having difficulty reading skills and weapon information. Otherwise I love the program, great work!

A trick is to print in xp or one note and copy pasta into larger format on ms paint by doing a screen shot. And try ctrl+mouse wheel up I think it will zoom.

Edited by Tassedar

I was looking at Starfighters on the builder and noticed that both versions of the Delta-7, the Delta-12 and both versions of the Y-Wing are missing Astromech where it lists the number and type of crew for the craft.

Edited by zathras23