OggDude

Another Character Generator

8,992 posts in this topic

My current wish-list for the generator includes a way to sort the items/ships/whatever by rarity (and maybe silhouette for ships too). For the items, I normally only use alphabetical or price (Though I see how the other options for the items are useful).

For ships I end up wanting to search by Alphabetical > Rarity > Price > Silhouette and I don't get 2 of those, and the category/type are filters that eliminate the usefulness (for me) as sorting methods.

This is just something I would find useful and it in no way is required/demanded just a "this would be cool" kind of thing.

The problem there is a matter of real estate.  If I keep adding columns to the grid, it'll be too wide and unwieldy.  As for size, you can filter by category and type, so if you want only larger ships, set the category to Capital Ships, or maybe filter by type, such as freighters or starfighters.

In the combined weapon line for two weapon fighting. If you have deadly accuracy it adds the damage to both weapons. It should only be added to one of them. Deadly accuracy only applies to one hit of a successful attack. DA also adds damage to things like glop grenades. It probably shouldn't apply to them?

I know this is a bit of a stretch to ask, but any way you could include LibrarianNPCs ships in your generator the same way you did the Unofficial Species pdf?

also a more reasonable request, any way in the PC generator we could sort skills by career/non career. i can do it by every other factor but that one.

thanks, i appreciate all the work

Tell you what:  if you enter them all in (however many hundreds there are now), and supply images and silhouettes for them, sure, I'll add them as an optional source :)

I just took a look at one of the PDFs and my eyes glazed over :)  That's a lot of work!

Kerfuffin925 and Lancer999 like this

Yeah, just so that the 2 weapons have its own distinction so it is easy to identify is all :)

Two weapon sets are displayed directly below the primary weapon's row, assuming that it's "Shown" setting is checked.    So there is an order to it :)

Can that be moved down?  Because if it is under the primary wpn row, you will get...

Weapon A (Primary)

2 Weapon "Weapon A/Weapon B"

Weapon 2

Weapon 3 etc.

(All weapons are shown)

Could it be...

2 Weapon Group "Weapon A / Weapon B" <-- With a space btw the /

Weapon A (Primary)

Weapon B

Weapon C etc.

That way we can see the Grouping w/o other distraction and it stands out?? (Or the 2 weapon group below the other weapons)

In the combined weapon line for two weapon fighting. If you have deadly accuracy it adds the damage to both weapons. It should only be added to one of them. Deadly accuracy only applies to one hit of a successful attack. DA also adds damage to things like glop grenades. It probably shouldn't apply to them?

But how do you determine which hit it goes to, as far as showing it in the list?  That's the problem.

Yeah, just so that the 2 weapons have its own distinction so it is easy to identify is all :)

Two weapon sets are displayed directly below the primary weapon's row, assuming that it's "Shown" setting is checked.    So there is an order to it :)

Can that be moved down?  Because if it is under the primary wpn row, you will get...

Weapon A (Primary)

Weapon 2

Weapon 3 etc.

(All weapons are shown)

Could it be...

Weapon A (Primary)

Weapon B

Weapon C etc.

That way we can see the Grouping w/o other distraction and it stands out?? (Or the 2 weapon group below the other weapons)

Doesn't the two-pistol icon make it stand out?

I'd rather not segregate them since it would complicate the code :)

Lancer999 likes this

Weapon A (Primary)

Weapon 2

Weapon 3 etc.

(All weapons are shown)

Could it be...

Weapon A (Primary)

Weapon B

Weapon C etc.

Doesn't the two-pistol icon make it stand out?

I'd rather not segregate them since it would complicate the code :)

I would just want it moved to the top or bottom of the list instead of being in the middle. :) And I think that is all he is asking for as well. Duel weilding ends up in the middle of the list and top or bottom would be better :)

Lancer999 likes this

But how do you determine which hit it goes to, as far as showing it in the list?  That's the problem.

I would just pick one of the numbers and add the damage to it. OR add a DA column to the current chart and put the +dmg in that column, OR add it to the TWF menu you created and let the player pick the weapon that gets the damage. Currently what I do is put DA on the lightsaber skill and write in +4 next to my weapons. 

I don't think its important what number you pick to add the damage to its the reminder that's important.

Edited by Rogue7

Dude.  You seriously need a new thread.  Just lock this one, with your next update and start another.

148 pages?  You wins the internet for today.

Dude.  You seriously need a new thread.  Just lock this one, with your next update and start another.

148 pages?  You wins the internet for today.

If only he had that power.

I'm playing around with the shown weapons and I have a question:  does a triggered Blast quality count as a separate "hit" in an attack?  I'm thinking that it does...

And while I'm at it, Autofire and (most likely) Blast both can cause multiple hits.  Does anything else?

Here's a question, and maybe someone has already asked it before -- using the GM tools and the encounter creator, I've written up multiple paragraphs. Tried copying and pasting but it all shows up as one block of text. Right now it's easier for me to say 'refer to page# in adventure', which works out just fine for me right now since I'm writing my own anyway, but I was wondering if there's a way around that that you know of

I'm playing around with the shown weapons and I have a question:  does a triggered Blast quality count as a separate "hit" in an attack?  I'm thinking that it does...

And while I'm at it, Autofire and (most likely) Blast both can cause multiple hits.  Does anything else?

Linked.

Linked.

Excellent!  I knew I was going to forget one :)

awayputurwpn likes this

Here's a question, and maybe someone has already asked it before -- using the GM tools and the encounter creator, I've written up multiple paragraphs. Tried copying and pasting but it all shows up as one block of text. Right now it's easier for me to say 'refer to page# in adventure', which works out just fine for me right now since I'm writing my own anyway, but I was wondering if there's a way around that that you know of

Add a [P] for a paragraph (with a line in between) or a [bR] to just go to the next line.

Add a [P] for a paragraph (with a line in between) or a [bR] to just go to the next line.

Aha! Thank you - I hadn't even thought of trying that, and for some reason I forgot there's actually help documentation where I could have probably found that a lot more easily. Appreciated :)

Aha! Thank you - I hadn't even thought of trying that, and for some reason I forgot there's actually help documentation where I could have probably found that a lot more easily. Appreciated :)

No problem.  There should be a list of common tags in the help text on the right in the data editor window.

Yes, the triggered blast quality counts as a separate hit. You can activate it without the initial attack hitting and it deals it's own level of damage, and so can be soaked separately.

As I read it, Blast cannot be triggered multiple times. It's a one-time trigger thing (like how criticals cannot be triggered multiple times for the same hit).

Auto-fire does specifically state that it can be activated multiple times with enough advantage though (and I didn't check linked).

Yes, the triggered blast quality counts as a separate hit. You can activate it without the initial attack hitting and it deals it's own level of damage, and so can be soaked separately.

As I read it, Blast cannot be triggered multiple times. It's a one-time trigger thing (like how criticals cannot be triggered multiple times for the same hit).

Auto-fire does specifically state that it can be activated multiple times with enough advantage though (and I didn't check linked).

True, but for the purposes of what I'm doing, I need to know if a weapon can hit more than once.  So for Blast, you can hit with the primary attack, then spend 2 advantage to activate the Blast and hit again.

The point of this is for talents, like Deadly Accuracy and Feral Strength, who's extra damage can only be applied to one hit of an attack.

OK, I made some changes to shown weapons:

TwoWeapSample2.png

For this example, I've selected Deadly Accuracy for Ranged Light and Heavy, and Feral Strength.  First, all two-weapon sets are now at the end.  For weapons that can only hit once, I've added all damage together.  For weapons that can hit more than once (autofire, blast, linked, and two-weapon), I've separated out damage that can only be applied to one hit of the attack and bracketed them.

How's this look to everyone?

januswhiteknight and Ziro like this

Forgive my ignorance but where does the +3 and +2 come from on the damage for the Heavy Blaster Rifle and the Frag Grenade?

I'm not clear on how Auto Fire results in a +3 and Blast 6 results in a +2.

Edited by progressions

Forgive my ignorance but where does the +3 and +2 come from on the damage for the Heavy Blaster Rifle and the Frag Grenade?

It doesn't.  The +3 and +2 comes from Deadly Accuracy for Ranged Heavy and Light.  Because those weapons can hit more than once, and because the +dam is only applied to one hit, I've separated them out.  So, for instance, you can apply the +3 to the primary hit of the heavy blaster rifle (for a total of 13), but not to subsequent autofire hits (which is only the base 10).

TwoWeapSample2.png

For this example, I've selected Deadly Accuracy for Ranged Light and Heavy, and Feral Strength.  First, all two-weapon sets are now at the end.  For weapons that can only hit once, I've added all damage together.  For weapons that can hit more than once (autofire, blast, linked, and two-weapon), I've separated out damage that can only be applied to one hit of the attack and bracketed them.

Perfect and awesome. Can't wait to get it in mine.

FYI there are some changes to the weapons in the latest beta release. 

Shoto hilts are now -1 damage. and double bladed lightsabers are now unwieldy 3. I think that is all you have to worry about for your program. 

It doesn't.  The +3 and +2 comes from Deadly Accuracy for Ranged Heavy and Light.  Because those weapons can hit more than once, and because the +dam is only applied to one hit, I've separated them out.  So, for instance, you can apply the +3 to the primary hit of the heavy blaster rifle (for a total of 13), but not to subsequent autofire hits (which is only the base 10).

Very nice!

TwoWeapSample2.png

Perfect and awesome. Can't wait to get it in mine.

FYI there are some changes to the weapons in the latest beta release. 

Shoto hilts are now -1 damage. and double bladed lightsabers are now unwieldy 3. I think that is all you have to worry about for your program. 

Here's what I've done for update #5:

FaD Beta Update #5:
  • Changed morality options to start with 29 or 71 Morality.
  • Changed double-bladed lightsaber and hilt to have Unwieldy 3.
  • Changed shoto lightsaber and hilt to have a damage of 7, which drops to 5.
  • Changed Shadowsheath attachment so that it can be used by any weapon with encumbrance of 2 or under. Also made changes for this in the attachment editor.
  • Made cost and HP changes to crystals and emitter.
progressions likes this