Sign in to follow this  
richsabre

If you could get ffg to 'make' your own LCG, what would it be based on?

i would quite like a world war II game as well, but not a big army vs army battle one. i would quite like a mission based one, sort of like LOTR -- with stories, characters, locations and events etc. your player deck would be made up of infantry, tanks, aircraft, navy, weapon upgrades, special forces, commanders... and you can build your deck depending on the type of mission.

each cyle could move onto a different theatre of the war -- france, germany, russia, africa, asia -- and the different "spheres" could be land, air, sea and special forces. the "races" could be the different nations -- english, french, russian, americans, aussies... it actually fits quite well in the LOTR format

thats a great idea. there is a boardgame called field commander rommel which sounds quite like that....based upon the campaign in north africa. there you obviously command armies, but its overall smaller scale than what it should be, hence greatly smoothing out the game (well, from what i have heard, i have yet got it myself)

rich

Edited by richsabre

so we all love our favourite lcg here on the lord of the rings part of ffg's site, but if you could have ffg make another, and it could be based on anything, what would you choose and why?

i think it would have to be a WW2 game, as i am pretty much obsessed with WW2 strategy games and the period in general.

it would have to be solo for me, but i would be dissapointed if they took the allies as the playable faction, as i would personally prefer playing the axis (that doesnt represent any political view by the way, i just like 'what if' historical situations), though i guess they could have both like the spheres in lotr. (though it would be impossible as one would have to be the encounter deck)

heroes would be commanders or country leaders such as Churchill, Rommel, Montgomery and so on, and i could see cards split up into infantry, aircraft, tanks and seacraft.

events could be strategic descisions, such as retreat, rout, offensive, encirclement, entrenchment

attatchments could be brigades such as in the Hearts of Iron PC game, like artilery, tank busters and so on

rich

Saw this over at cardbamedb: http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9926-world-war-ii-tcg-new-multiplatform-digital-card-game-now-on-kickstarter/

Seems like the developer has a more traditional TCG model in mind, with randomised boosters available for in-game or real-world currency.

Dune or Romance of the Three Kingdoms would be great, but they're both fairly similar to A Game of Thrones. Failing that, Sherlock Holmes could be interesting.

Uuuh Sherlock would be cool!

Hi All,

Firstly - found reading posts on this forum very helpful with understanding how to play this game - thanks to all the posters!

Secondly - only really interested in Solo/Co-Op gaming options as few friends have time to play regularly these days. So as long as FFG included a solo option I would consider it...

Stargate would probably top my list - though I'd prefer a fourth team member/Hero :)

and the previously mentioned:

Wheel of Time

Dune

Starwars (Solo/Co-OP) version

Marvel Universe

would all be very tempting.

Uhhhggghhh I want to be all like "yeah stargate!" But I just know woz or glaurung are going to softly inform me that a card game already exists.... hahaha

But seriously that one does make me raise an eyebrow

I don't know about the sherlock idea... thematically I. Think it would work. Great atmosphere and lots of action and material buuuuut artistically aside from the recent movie adaptations and the bbc series I have never...ever seen a picture of Holmes or Watson that I liked. Very artistically motivated person here. Will more likely buy a mag for a fancy cover than for the content

So far Harry Potter and Dune are my fav suggestions, though id give a WoT or Stargate lcg a chance

Btw welcome to the forum, but more importantly... welcome to the game! :)

Edited by Rainelotr