Sign in to follow this  
venkelos

Bodyguards?

What might a good build for this character type be? Obviously, hope for some carapace armor, someday, and have some good Toughness, but I don't remember a talent like Draw Fire or In Harm's Way, some "my body as a shield" abilities from other games, nor is one of the Advanced Specs in Hammer "Bodyguard" (that would be too easy). While these characters might not be far enough up the totem pole yet, they could some day aspire to be a bodyguard for the Company Commander, whether that be the current officer they are grouped with, as they both elevate up the ranks, or some other Commander, who hand-picks them for their skill and dedication.

If you want to be the soldier, Ogryn or Human, who makes sure the other soldiers survive to do their roles (think Jarran Kell or Nork Deddog), as well as absorb a good hit, what are some good plans to make?

Hmm...I missed/forgot that one. It's not quite the plan I was looking at, which was more a trained soldier, and not the "best of the best" trained for the worst Stormtroopers, but yes, it certainly would work. I don't usually envision a Storm trooper being ordered to bodyguard, but then I also don't usually envision one walking with a group of "regular" Guardsmen, so if I can accept one, why not both?