Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

For geeks?

12 posts in this topic

There isn't any reviews out yet on BGG but you can read the rules here:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Black%20Sheep/BS_Rules_ENG%20FINAL.pdf

But to answer your question, there is nothing that would correlate between a hardcore game like Arkham Horror and this title.  So whether you would like it is up to you.  I play a lot of heavier games (if AH can truly be included in that category) but still like "mindless" kids' games like Los Mampfos or 'simple" games like Carcassonne.

It depends on the gamer as to if they like a game. I mean I played hardcore Yu-Gi-Oh for 7 years (since it came out in 2000) and now I play Kingdom Hearts which is just taking off the ground and really is completely different but I still like it.

But this game looks interesting, and thats all I'm saying on the matter cause I haven't come up with a definate opinion yet.

This game seems an intriguing blend of Old Maid, Hearts, and Poker played with plastic miniaturer barnyard animals.  I can see a lot of strategy in it coupled with the whimsey of the animals.  As a filler between heavier games, I think this has a lot of potential. I can imagine this geek getting a lot of fun out of it.

I don't believe that games of different complexity can be compered. Because for me - when I have time I play WoW, when I don't - Citadels. It's always fun!

that does sound kinda fun. I've always liked a quick casual game like that. Munchkins, fist of dragonstones... problem is I get bored with them after about 20 plays. You see everything in munchkins... dragonstones lasts longer because you're really playing your opponent in an almost poker like way.

Antigoth said:

Simpler games like this make great "Beer & Pretzle" Games.

Add Alcohol, and watch hijinx ensue.

amen to that :)

nothing says "arguing over nothing" better than some alcohol.

I sure have to try those sheeps

(err.. as in board game:)

For farm yard animals in a game - remember "Pass the Pigs?"

Many hours of great game play - and a sure fire winner when inebriated.

Despite the "cutesy" theme, Black Sheep is a game that adults can play.  It has a high luck factor though: if you draw the right cards at the right time you'll win - if you don't, you won't.

It is a light game but I thought it was good for kids.  It teaches them things they will use in other games when they get older. (set collecting/poker hands)