Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BillyBabel

Zombies Seem Bad

5 posts in this topic

Zombies have a total of 18 health with 4 three health figures and 1 six health figure. They have a blue and yellow die. They are melee only and have a brown defense die, can do 1 extra health damage on surges and the master can grab.

On a BGG poll they were recently voted the worst monster, but they seem like even though they probably can't dish out DPS they can hold the line pretty decently. But I would be curious to hear your guys experiences with zombies and how you think they fair.

Edited by BillyBabel

seems bad. I would never choose them if I had the choise, but when I am forced to use them, I find they are good game balancers and they aren't all horible, just mostly ^.^;;

I think that they should automatically recover a heart at the start of each activation.

Edited by BillyBabel

We need diversified monsters.

Underdogs have their place within the system - but rather as imposed by a given quest than chosen by the OL.

They still can work as a nuisance (rather than an important threat), as a "wall of flesh".

In Cardinal's Plight, encounter 2, zombies are the only monsters who can harm the cardinal: that gives them an advantage over other monsters.

One can imagine, as BillyBabel suggests, some powering up: I would leave that to the special rules of a quest.

zombies are bad monster, maybe the worst ones and the one you never choose, only take if the scenario says to.

but look carrefully : zombies are often if not always condition to win, special events, and rarely pure fighters.

So, it's a choice made by FFG and assumed.