Sign in to follow this  
fjw70

Rank your Star Wars Knowledge

Practically memorized the movies, Read all of the Archie Goodwin comics. Even read the Dark Horse comics. Read ALL of the novels/graphic novels published before Vector Prime came out. Listened to the ANH, and ESB radio dramas (great stuff)   Played the Dark Forces/Jedi knight games.  Played all the X-wing series video games. Have all of the WEG SW RPG books available.

Lost interest in SW EU soon the Vong invasion and after Ithor got turned into goo.  Got too stupid for me to bother

and i really DISPISE the idea of Lightsaber styles.

So anything betwean ANH and the vong invasion I would consider myself at or near 9.  Outside of that I am a 6.

really helps when I GM and I can pull facts and ancedotes out of my arse

I'd guess 8 out of 10 for me

Vong were a bit silly. but it's probably done the most for char development so I enjoyed it for that if nothing else.

Edited by Saseav

Practically memorized the movies, Read all of the Archie Goodwin comics. Even read the Dark Horse comics. Read ALL of the novels/graphic novels published before Vector Prime came out. Listened to the ANH, and ESB radio dramas (great stuff)   Played the Dark Forces/Jedi knight games.  Played all the X-wing series video games. Have all of the WEG SW RPG books available.

Lost interest in SW EU soon the Vong invasion and after Ithor got turned into goo.  Got too stupid for me to bother

and i really DISPISE the idea of Lightsaber styles.

So anything betwean ANH and the vong invasion I would consider myself at or near 9.  Outside of that I am a 6.

really helps when I GM and I can pull facts and ancedotes out of my arse

I'd guess 8 out of 10 for me

Vong were a bit silly. but it's probably done the most for char development so I enjoyed it for that if nothing else.

You're in it for Caedus and Mara Jade at that point. But, yeah... kinda cool era. The Dark Horse Tales of the Jedi and Legacy lines both get thumbs up from me.

On a side note...way out there....sorry....

I hope Mara Jade is the next Disney princess. Well, I wish she wasn't a Disney princess, mind you...but it is what it is. :)

Cheers, EU folks.

I hope Mara Jade is the next Disney princess. Well, I wish she wasn't a Disney princess, mind you...but it is what it is. :)

Cheers, EU folks.

I was interested in Jaina Solo ^^, Legacy is good if Cade's not whining :P

I'm probably a 6 or a 7. Haven't gotten much into the EU although I've been reading some novels and comics lately.

I just read Legacy vol 1 and really enjoyed it--I thought the story was fun and Jan Duursema's art is AMAZING.

What novels or comics would I read to learn about the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

Figuring out where to start from Wookieepedia, I found a little difficult.

I'm probably a 6 or a 7. Haven't gotten much into the EU although I've been reading some novels and comics lately.

I just read Legacy vol 1 and really enjoyed it--I thought the story was fun and Jan Duursema's art is AMAZING.

What novels or comics would I read to learn about the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

Figuring out where to start from Wookieepedia, I found a little difficult.

If you want the Vong stuff, well the only reliable ting to get are the New Jedi Order books, it's Star Wars longest running book series(between 19-22 with ebooks, etc[starts with Vector Prime])

there is a comic called Invasion, set in the same time period but I found it bad.

If you need a starting point, start with the Thrawn Trilogy.

Edited by Saseav

Cool, thanks!

The Thrawn Trilogy is practically required reading, really. I'm sure he's backtracked by now but at one point Lucas himself even endorsed it as a hearty episode 7-9. If you read nothing else, read the Thrawn Trilogy. There's a graphic novel version but get the books.

Cheers, EU folks.

He is a bit emo for my tastes as well. I think I was drawn to the actual desperation and decay of the setting. Not quite 40k bleak, but a different flavor as far as SW goes.

Probably 7 or so. I know the original trilogy intimately. I read a lot of the old books, Han Solo and Landon adventures, Splinter of the Minds Eye, etc. I loved the Zahn books, but rapidly grew tired of the crap being pumped out for EU. A lot of those books were just terrible, and I ignore them for our gaming universe.

I also just have a lot of bizarre Star Wars trivia picked up from 20+ years of Star Wars RPGing. How many guns on a Imperial Class Star Destroyer, size of the Death Star, that sort of thing. We once figured out how large the Death Star would be if you scaled it to a Star Wars figure.

Cool, thanks!

The Thrawn Trilogy is practically required reading, really. I'm sure he's backtracked by now but at one point Lucas himself even endorsed it as a hearty episode 7-9. If you read nothing else, read the Thrawn Trilogy. There's a graphic novel version but get the books.

pretty sure he said that of Dark Empire rather than Thrawn Trilogy, however some of what we think of mainstay Star Wars is from the Thrawn Trilogy(specifically Coruscant, before this set of books it was referred to as the Imperial center[one of the few C canon to make it to G canon, along with Aayla Secura, due to the fact that people begged the Lucas to name the Capital Coruscant, Mrs. Secura was a comic book character who Lucas found interesting]).

Dark Empire is worth looking into, and it's generally good but everything is shaded green in it.(I recommend it, as a visual treat, not so much)

Edited by Saseav

Cheers, EU folks.

He is a bit emo for my tastes as well. I think I was drawn to the actual desperation and decay of the setting. Not quite 40k bleak, but a different flavor as far as SW goes.

A friend recommended that once your done with the first set of legacy comics(ie. past War) if you ever should try reading it again to skip all the Cade parts.

he says it's more bearable that way.

I loved Legacy. Including the stuff with Cade. I thought it was interesting to see him struggle with wanting to be his own man, and the pull to become a Jedi or fall to the Dark side as is the Skywalker way.

I would say I am a 7. I know the movies well. I know the Old Republic war with the Sith Empire, and I know Legacy era. After I finish the Darth Bane trilogy, I am going to start on Thrawn. I am going to skip the Vong stuff since it isn't very interesting.

I'd say I'm about an 8. I have very little comic knowledge, and a lot of pre-Republic era is rusty.

A claim to fame that I have is one time my brother and I were waiting to get into the front of Top Thrill Dragster. It was the first weekend it was open and kept breaking down. We waited in line almost 3.5 hours while playing a Star Wars game. Basically you had to name something from the star wars universe that began with the first or last letter of the previous answer. We were still going strong when we finally got to ride. XD

I thoroughly enjoyed Legacy. Looking forward to seeing more in the second volume with the Solo descendent. It incorporated everything i enjoy into one setting; rebellion, Empire, Jedi, Sith, bounty hunters, other than Jedi (loved the Imperial Knights).

My biggest challenge with Legacy was that I felt like Morrigan Corde was drawn to appear roughly 25 years old or so, which made it tough for me to buy her as Cade Skywalker's mother. (Note that I've only read Legacy: Volume 1, the hardback collection.)

I figure Cade is supposed to be, what, 20 or 25? Which puts Morrigan at probably 45 to 50, right? 

I couldn't tell if this was just artist Jan Duursema (and the other artists) drawing a female character so she is sexy and attractive regardless of her age, or if she was intended to seem way younger than she must be.

My biggest challenge with Legacy was that I felt like Morrigan Corde was drawn to appear roughly 25 years old or so, which made it tough for me to buy her as Cade Skywalker's mother. (Note that I've only read Legacy: Volume 1, the hardback collection.)

I figure Cade is supposed to be, what, 20 or 25? Which puts Morrigan at probably 45 to 50, right? 

I couldn't tell if this was just artist Jan Duursema (and the other artists) drawing a female character so she is sexy and attractive regardless of her age, or if she was intended to seem way younger than she must be.

Cade is 14 when ossus falls, so he's between 21-23.

@Akesis I lked the idea behind Cade's character but it was poorly executed.

I'd go for a solid 6 or 7.

I once went to a Star Wars trivia night at a crowded pizza place right by LSU and won by myself.

promptly informed the entire crowded room afterwards that I was a Star Trek fan. That was a good fifty dollar tab. :lol:

Edited by BaronVonStevie

I would say 7 probably... though some of my coworkers would say 10 (LOL). I know overall plot of arcing stories across the entire timeline, but only read a handful of books. I have a pretty extensive collection of the old WEG stuff.. plus logged may hours on wookieepedia (biggest timesink ever).