Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fjw70

Rank your Star Wars Knowledge

53 posts in this topic

Just curious where everyone would put themselves. Rank your SW knowledge on a scale of 0 to 10 with the following guidance.

0 = no SW knowledge

5 = well versed in the movies but no significant EU knowledge

10 = know everything there is to know about SW

I would put myself at a 7.5. I know the movies well and a significant amount of he EU but I have lage gaps. I have only watched about a half a season of the Clone Wars show and there are still a lot of pre-NJO books I haven't read.

How about you?

Practically memorized the movies, Read all of the Archie Goodwin comics. Even read the Dark Horse comics. Read ALL of the novels/graphic novels published before Vector Prime came out. Listened to the ANH, and ESB radio dramas (great stuff)   Played the Dark Forces/Jedi knight games.  Played all the X-wing series video games. Have all of the WEG SW RPG books available.

Lost interest in SW EU soon the Vong invasion and after Ithor got turned into goo.  Got too stupid for me to bother

and i really DISPISE the idea of Lightsaber styles.

So anything betwean ANH and the vong invasion I would consider myself at or near 9.  Outside of that I am a 6.

really helps when I GM and I can pull facts and ancedotes out of my arse

I would probably put myself pretty firmly as a 5. The extent of my Extended Universe knowledge really only consists of the video games made by Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment, and considering how much EU stuff there is out there, that's a very small percentage.

Edited by DylanRPG

9 for anything for stuff during the Old Sith Wars or anything from Rise of the Empire era up until the Vong Invasion.

outside of that... 5ish maybe. Vong invasion really bored me and I never finished it and just kind of lost track of the EU books after that. I've read some of the Legacy era comics but not that many. And the truly ancient stuff is just a jumble of mess trying to untangle (the Rakata, Columi, etc.) And things like the New Sith Wars I haven't read much on.

Somewhere between a 4 and a 5.  I know the original trilogy pretty well, and some of the EU stuff that was written in the nineties and early 2000s (like the Timothy Zahn trilogy, the Han Solo trilogy and some of the Rogue Squadron books).  I've only watched the prequels once or twice, and don't know any of the prequel era EU stuff or the young Jedi/Vong era EU.

I rank myself a 10 on the stuff I care about and don't think is stupid and utter crap. :)

Your scale puts me at a 5, but I agree with this poster's sentiment. I care little of the EU, but know trivial stuff about the movies like who Wormie is.

Post 500!

Edited by Sturn

6 Maybe?  Have seen ANH, ESB and RotJ countless times.  I am proud to say that of PM, AotC and RotS my son only liked Attack of the Clones, so we have watched that a few times.  We watch the Clone Wars animated series together, but I only kind of pay attention to it when it is on.  He knows that crap back and forth though.  As for novels, I have read the Timothy Zhan trilogy and the Han Solo triology.  The kicker is lately I have spent way to much time on wookiepedia.

PET PEEVE: I have an irrational dislike of people choosing range values and half-values when told to select a number from one to ten. It comes from doing frequent pain assessments where I have to enter a whole number from zero to ten. Most people can't seem to stick to whole numbers and give me special snowflake answers.

Rant over, carry on.

6 Maybe? Have seen ANH, ESB and RotJ countless times. I am proud to say that of PM, AotC and RotS my son only liked Attack of the Clones, so we have watched that a few times. We watch the Clone Wars animated series together, but I only kind of pay attention to it when it is on. He knows that crap back and forth though. As for novels, I have read the Timothy Zhan trilogy and the Han Solo triology. The kicker is lately I have spent way to much time on wookiepedia.

You described my knoweldge in detail. I too watch the Clone Wars but only when my daughter happens to be watching. EU books include the original Timithy Zahn stuff, some of the old Han Solo stuff, and two others.

PET PEEVE: I have an irrational dislike of people choosing range values and half-values when told to select a number from one to ten. It comes from doing frequent pain assessments where I have to enter a whole number from zero to ten. Most people can't seem to stick to whole numbers and give me special snowflake answers.

If you reread his post, he said scale of 0 to 10 then gave EXAMPLES of scores, not set points on that scale. Even the OP stated he was a 7.5 on his scale. He didn't say please only use whole numbers and gave an example of 7.5 for his own score. It's his scale.

6 Maybe? Have seen ANH, ESB and RotJ countless times. I am proud to say that of PM, AotC and RotS my son only liked Attack of the Clones, so we have watched that a few times. We watch the Clone Wars animated series together, but I only kind of pay attention to it when it is on. He knows that crap back and forth though. As for novels, I have read the Timothy Zhan trilogy and the Han Solo triology. The kicker is lately I have spent way to much time on wookiepedia.

You described my knoweldge in detail. I too watch the Clone Wars but only when my daughter happens to be watching. EU books include the original Timithy Zahn stuff, some of the old Han Solo stuff, and two others.

If you reread his post, he said scale of 0 to 10 then gave EXAMPLES of scores, not set points on that scale. Even the OP stated he was a 7.5 on his scale. He didn't say please only use whole numbers and gave an example of 7.5 for his own score. It's his scale.

You may have taken my post far more seriously than was intended.
Sturn likes this

About a 7. Very familiar with the movies, especially the OT. Read some of the novels, but rather picky on what I read. Have a couple of reference guides. Read some of the old and new comics. Aware of a lot of things I haven't read. Played only a couple of video games. And then there's my Star Wars RPG collection.

probably 8 or 9.  There are some things I don't know about like the comics and some clone wars stuff, but I know a crap ton about most everything else.

8. I have a couple gaps like the X-Wing books but otherwise I've had a fairly consistent obsession with this universe for the last 35 years.

9 since I lack EU knowledge ( do know alot of it though ) I recall my father taking me to see the first movie opening week. I still have my first printing of the west end games roleplaying game book as well as all my other books.  My collection is here. http://imgur.com/YqnROrr

I also have acquired 2 original art pieces recently from Michael Vilardi from the Dark Stryder Campaign from weg.  http://imgur.com/p2Hknk9

so yeah im kinda into Star Wars a lil bit :)

ps my EotE corebook didn't make it in the pic due to it being on my desk for reading :)

Edited by Drathen

6 at best. What little extra-cinematic knowledge I have comes from playing D6 Star Wars waay back in the day. I skipped the d20 stuff (though I did play it once or twice and enjoyed it).

Well, quantifying knowledge is in itself a problematic endeavour, but among my friends I'd be a 10, but I realise that online communities challenge this, so I'd consider myself around a 7 or 8 perhaps... perhaps even lower. I know enough for my own purposes, so in that sense I'm a 10. I've read a lot and played a lot, but there is much I haven't read or played, but read about - this is secondary to tertiary sources, which only provide an overview and therefore is less in-depth qualitatively, but still perhaps more useful in some cases.