Sign in to follow this  
Orcsmasher

Hello I'm new

OK, New to this site, not RPGs.

Just wanted to say hi. I am on the edge of wild space. No internet at home so just about an hour a day at work to get my online busisness done. Horrible cell reception. Just backwards early 20th Century living here.

Where's here? Southeast Tennessee. There's also a desolation of gamers here. ;( I have me, my wife and one other guy. When we get very lucky we might get one or two others to join us.

Anyway, I am really liking EotE. Its a lot like 7th Sea which we all love. Its waaay better than the boring Saga edition. So good job FFG! Thanks.

I have lots of questions but sadly limited time today so I will just leave you with this one:

We've played the 2 Hutt adventures (Escape from Mos Shuuta and the Long Arm of the Hutt) and the one from the DM's screen and I think one other. Basically all the puiblished stuff we can find. I'd like to find some home brew stuff. I found 3 pages here on these boards but in my limited time they didn't seem to have the nuts and bolts of the adventure. (They may have and I missed it) Can anyone point me to any.

I will eventually start making my own once I can get a pattern down. I have 2 young kids who take up a lot of time after my 11 hour workdays. I work, go home and my wife, who's a world champion black belt in Tae Kwon Do has her classes so I get to entertain the munckins. So the creative jiuces just don't flow.

I have some questions about selling goods that are rare on certain systems. Those rules confused me a bit. But I will save them for later.

Anyway, its great to be here. I hope I can add my 32 years of gaming experience to the boards. 

We've played the 2 Hutt adventures (Escape from Mos Shuuta and the Long Arm of the Hutt) and the one from the DM's screen and I think one other. Basically all the puiblished stuff we can find. I'd like to find some home brew stuff. I found 3 pages here on these boards but in my limited time they didn't seem to have the nuts and bolts of the adventure. (They may have and I missed it) Can anyone point me to any.

Well, if you dont mind a little bit of work, the old WEG adventures are A) pretty **** cool, and B) easy to adapt. You just need stats here and there - which might have been a big deal if this was D20, but for something fast and loose like the FFG engine, it's no big whoop.

Of the line up, Star Wars Classic Adventures Three and FIve are probably the strongest offerings. Tatooine Manunt and Strikeforce Shantipole are rock solid classics. Starfall is a pretty fun romp, and the rest are entertaining.

* http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Classic-Adventure-Vol/dp/0874315115/ref=pd_sim_b_2

* http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Adventures-Volume-Three-Star/dp/0874312825/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Welcome on-board!

Now, the most important question: Do you support the Rebel Scum, or are you fighting for law and order as a Stormtrooper of the Galactic Empire?

. He is apart of the rebel alliance and a traitor!

Take him away!

Enough of that silliness, poor bloke only has a limited time on the Internet, ask him something sensible.

Can you speak Bocce?

Aunt Beru asked me to ask :)

Edited by DoctorWhat

Welcome aboard!

You nearly described my gaming situation - limited players available, limited time due to family life, decades of prior game experience, praying I run into someone at Walmart wearing a FFG fan shirt.

Welcome.

This game is like 7th Sea? I am not familiar with that game but I will check it out.

Pirates.  Add a bit of mystic and a touch of crazy.

Ah so like 7th Sea in theme but not in mechanics.

Welcome to the boards good man!

I see your point of 7th Sea, while mechanically slightly different (all right, perhaps a tad more than slightly) the minion, rival and nemesis system for NPCs seems like a carbon copy of 7th Sea's Brutes, Henchmen and Villain, and that comment is meant as compliment to all involved parties. :ph34r:

There are many similarities between these systems, but of course differences too.

More pre-mades are on the way it seems and there should be some fan-mades around too.

Anyway, welcome!

Well, if you dont mind a little bit of work, the old WEG adventures are A) pretty **** cool, and B) easy to adapt. You just need stats here and there - which might have been a big deal if this was D20, but for something fast and loose like the FFG engine, it's no big whoop.

Of the line up, Star Wars Classic Adventures Three and FIve are probably the strongest offerings. Tatooine Manunt and Strikeforce Shantipole are rock solid classics. Starfall is a pretty fun romp, and the rest are entertaining.

* http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Classic-Adventure-Vol/dp/0874315115/ref=pd_sim_b_2

* http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Adventures-Volume-Three-Star/dp/0874312825/ref=pd_sim_b_2

I found this one at a book store

http://www.amazon.com/Graveyard-Alderaan-Star-Wars-RPG/dp/0874311160

Can't wait to play this story with my party. Sounds veeeery creepy :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. As a member of the United Federation of Planets you Imperials don't frighten me.

Oh great, Q dumped me into another Verse. I knew if I left Babylon 5 to hunt Reavers he would do that...

Seriously, thanks folks.