Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph_Lavode

Mythos and Gate card stacks

11 posts in this topic

Hey folks, how do you organize your Mythos and Gate cards while playing? I've got my Location cards, Items, and all the other small stacks sorted into business card holders, but my Mythos and Gate cards just sit in big awkward stacks on the board. Anyone have any thoughts on ways to keep them neat and organized but still ready to be used during a game?

Thanks!

You don't need all the Mythos cards every game. Typically you'll get through somewhere between ten and twenty-five. Just take the first inch or so and you'll be fine.

You'll need more Gate cards, but again you don't need all of them, three to four inches should be OK, or divide your deck in two (or more) so that your friends don't need to keep leaning over the table to take their gate encounters.

I use a holder which I bought from a hardware store to store my small cards - items, spells , etc. then I take them out and put them on the relevant locations (e.g. General Store for Common Items). As the width of the location cards is the length of the small cards, I find I can stand the location cards in the space vacated by the small cards.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Jez, that set is simply beautiful. Professor, those are very cool, but are they still available since the kickstarter is done? Also, a bit out of my price range, I think.

Joseph,    

Thanks for the feedback!  The short answer is "yes" they're available, but after months working with two separate firms, and my failed attempts at starting the website, I'm forced to send people to the KS site for information on the pieces.  I will start a page over on bgg which answers questions about pricing and availability.  I realize that our products are boutique and have the associated boutique price, but they're all crafted individually and not mass-produced, which greatly adds to the value and charm of each display.

Cheers,

Joe   

Edited by The Professor

Julia,

With all of the other exciting issues I've had to contend with...the website was truly at the bottom of the list.  :lol: You'll be the first Backer to know that I traveled to Philly this weekend to meet with Rob and after five hours in the shop, we managed to finish much of the additional work required to prepare the pieces for transport (so much for 8/8!).  Anyway, you'll see an update with my smiling face and several of the 225 pieces I boxed on Saturday (yes, the car was quite full ~ think mobile Crafthulhu!) for the trip to VA.

This Saturday, I'll spend a few hours at the local USPS, UPS, or FedEx location with a roll of bubble wrap; a pair of scossors and a roll of tape; letters to all of our fabulous Backers; and the pieces!  Given my OCD, I'm glad to have nearly all of the pieces (except those requiring painting) and can personally send them out...finally!

Cheers,

Joe