Sign in to follow this  
drylndsurf

Hardest ships to find? (US)

I'm just what ships are the hardest to find right now in the US. Mostly so I can be sure to grab them when I come across them randomly.

Stopped at a shop nearby and they had a TIE Interceptor, TIE Advanded, Y wing, and X wing. Didn't know which one or two would be best to get.

I would say TIE Interceptor and A-wing for sure.

That would be confirmed at GenCon FFG had all ships except for those 2.   Something happened in production to where those 2 ships are not ready for sale yet.   Also during the FFG briefings/annual report they stated they are building the X-wing minis in full force.   They just did not anticipate this demand. 

I cant even find a Y-Wing on ebay.  Dammit.  My store here in Riverside CA has 8 A-Wings and 6 Tie Interceptors.  No one needs them I guess.

Should have picked up that Y wing too I guess. Working with limited funds means I have to pick and choose though. I'm also trying to find the elusive Target clearance core set for $12.

Interceptors and A-Wings seem to have been replenished enough that you can find them.  X-Wings, Y-Wings and Tie\ln's seem to be the hard finds right now.  I really thought I had enough of everything, then FFG went in threw in an Epic game.  I just don't think 100 pt builds are going to be enough any more.

Interceptors and A-Wings seem to have been replenished enough that you can find them.  X-Wings, Y-Wings and Tie\ln's seem to be the hard finds right now.  I really thought I had enough of everything, then FFG went in threw in an Epic game.  I just don't think 100 pt builds are going to be enough any more.

Yeah. One of the shops I stopped at this weekend had three or four squints and a wings.

Edited by jasonkw

In north Alabama one store in my area has a Firespary and Target has core, no clearance, everything else is impossible to come by. Lucked up and found two Int's through Miniature Market last week, they were obviously reprints my first one was quite blue and the two new were nearly as grey as the original Tie. I will be glad when the new reprints hit, need one Int and a couple more Y-wings and at least one more advance. My advice is if you see something you want pick it up. Held off on several wave 1 ships looking for wave 2, not a mistake i'll make again, now can't find hardly any product.

I would say TIE Interceptor and A-wing for sure.

That would be confirmed at GenCon FFG had all ships except for those 2.   Something happened in production to where those 2 ships are not ready for sale yet.   Also during the FFG briefings/annual report they stated they are building the X-wing minis in full force.   They just did not anticipate this demand. 

It was actually the Y-Wing and TIE Advanced that they didn't have at GenCon, though the TIE Interceptor did sell out by sometime on Saturday.