Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dashrendar

Wave 4!

170 posts in this topic

This is so cool. I can't help but think the way for these models was paved by all the kit bashers and scratch builders on this site!  Way to go guys!

I concur.  My first thought is that these are awesome. My second thought is... what is the purpose? They are big and for what reason? I hope that they are well thought out and not just shoehorned in to look pretty.

I am more excited about the Epic Tournament Rules myself...

And I'm guessing Epic format is higher point values for each side?  That would take into account the larger ships.  

EDIT:  Or the size of the playing field.

Edited by DailyRich

Does that imply a new Imperial set as well? A storm trooper transport to board those maybe? If you had some big missions based on boarding scenarios, which was a staple of the computer games, that would be pretty cool and maybe provide an incentive for more random play including things other than 100pt. tournament setups.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte

If this is true I am very, very excited and pleased.  The idea of not just a few more options for the game, but entirely new ways to play it and an expansion of the nature of the game itself is awesome.

I can't wait, and I am sure I will continue to buy a full set of everything that is released.

My poor wallet, my poor poor wallet, it just went weeping into the corner because it will BURN once those ships come out. (Since I really want my personal room huge capital ship slugfests with tons of fighters and stuff.)

Well guess I gotta go and save some serious cash, 90$ for the tantive IV and probably the same for the imperial counterpart at some point which means I will probably spend a good 400-500 on that wave 4 instead of the usual 100

KineticOperator likes this

Wow, this game is getting bigger than I ever dreamed it would. I'm so excited! Now how am I going to transport these...

This. I was already trying to figure out how to cram Wave 3 into my cases safely. My only hope is they don't make the Tantive IV so appealing that I want/"need" two.

Syleh Forge likes this

Can you elaborate on "variant X-Wing"?

Any word on Imp large ships, or just 2 Rebels this next wave?

The pic is really bad. but here are some the items.

Tantive 4

Rebel Transport

Varient X-Wing

Jek Porkins

New Epic tournament rules.

http://ow.ly/i/2TJJf/original

I generally get 4 of each ship when they come out anyway, so 1 of each capital ship will represent a savings for me on Wave 4.

Unless I need more than 1 of each ship?  Uh-oh...   :)

Look at the X-wing in that photo.  single wing on each side, rounded cowling behind the cockpit.  It looks more like a Z-95 headhunter than a X-wing.

It's an X-Wing. 

Look at the X-wing in that photo.  single wing on each side, rounded cowling behind the cockpit.  It looks more like a Z-95 headhunter than a X-wing.

Doesn't look like a single wing to me. It's blurry so I could be wrong. But it looks like the angle is "hiding" the upper wing on the starboard side and the lower wing on the port side.

drylndsurf likes this

Lol at the Jek Porkins inclusion in the original post. It would be funny but it's not in any way confirmed anywhere.

YEAH GONNA FLY A TIGHT SQUAD OF 4 CORELLIAN CORVETTES FROM NOW ON. Good luck, opponents!

Lol at the Jek Porkins inclusion in the original post. It would be funny but it's not in any way confirmed anywhere.

YEAH GONNA FLY A TIGHT SQUAD OF 4 CORELLIAN CORVETTES FROM NOW ON. Good luck, opponents!

The original place I got this info and pic mentioned it. Which is my guess what the X-wing variant means. Probably just means a re-paint with new characters.