Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjohnson111

Denver/Boulder/Ft.Collins, Colorado

165 posts in this topic

Hi fellas. Anyone gonna be at atomic tonight? I should be there after 7 if anyone is interested in some games.

Hey! Sorry I missed you (I've been pretty busy the last couple of weeks)--I usually try to be there.

If you can make it next Wednesday, post something up here and I'll try and make it down.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that I will be at the Atomic Goblin on Wednesday at 6:45 or 7--anyone who wants tome pre-Imdaar games should come on down!

EDIT: just to avoid a triple post! I'll be at the Gobo this Wednesday as well. (And I have now realized that IA is next Sunday...*facepalm*)

Edited by Ailowynn

Alrighty guys, who's going to the Wizard's Chest tonight for some Imdaar action? I will be there, and plan on attending the Goblin's on Sunday as well. Anyone want to get together early for some funsies games?

Edit: Does anyone know when the event at Bonnie Brae is happening? Their page doesn't have it listed, and the clerk I talked to was not really sure what I was talking about  :/

Edited by Futant420

This is what I picked out from the X-Wing Facebook group:

"Assault at Imdaar Alpha X Wing Tournament will be at Bonnie Brae Hobbies, May 31st at 11am. 
Cost is $10 and you can pre-register by calling the shop or stopping by. Pre-payment isn't required, but it will lock in your spot."

Also, you need to double check with Wizard's if you haven't reserved a spot, as they have been using a Facebook event to make sure of attendance.  People have been dropping out as of last night - so there should be spots, but I would call to make sure you're on the list.

Edited by jjohnson111

"Assault at Imdaar Alpha X Wing Tournament will be at Bonnie Brae Hobbies, May 31st at 11am. 

Cost is $10 and you can pre-register by calling the shop or stopping by. Pre-payment isn't required, but it will lock in your spot."

Also, you need to double check with Wizard's if you haven't reserved a spot, as they have been using a Facebook event to make sure of attendance.  People have been dropping out as of last night - so there should be spots, but I would call to make sure you're on the list.

I guess they are full up. Guy i talked to was kinda douchey so I guess I'm glad to pass on this one. I'll try Bonnie Brae and Atomic Goblin to see if I have better luck. Thanks mang!

Edited by Futant420

I guess they are full up. Guy i talked to was kinda douchey so I guess I'm glad to pass on this one. I'll try Bonnie Brae and Atomic Goblin to see if I have better luck. Thanks mang!

I am curious who you talked to - Alan is their coordinator for games there and I haven't met anyone nicer.  As of this morning at least 3 people who were accounted for being there have dropped off - do you want me to double check with Alan for you - we would of course love to have you if you want.

Edited by jjohnson111

I am curious who you talked to - Alan is their coordinator for games there and I haven't met anyone nicer.  As of this morning at least 3 people who were accounted for being there have dropped off - do you want me to double check with Alan for you - we would of course love to have you if you want.

I guess i didn't catch the guys name...He had said that there was one spot open yesterday afternoon and it was filled. Then he was done talking to me apparently. Of course I'd like to play tonight, but I don't want any hassles for anyone. But if you can swing something let me know. Thanks again!

Also, spoke to a really nice gent at Bonnie Brae who said they only have six (6) spots left there...Apparently you just have to catch the right clerk.

Edited by Futant420

Got in contact with Alan @ Wizards.  We have one spot open after the cancellations. Do you want me to have them add you to the list? If so - PM me your name and # and I will forward it on to Alan.

Jon

Thanks for the games this weekend to everyone I was fortunate enough to face in the three Imdaar Alphas I went to. I really enjoyed the games as well as meeting some new folks.

jjon - We missed you this weekend mang! I had heard you were out of town, but when you come back around drop a word here or something and I'll come up to the Goblin for a game with ya!

As per normal I'll be at Total Escape this Monday night around six if anyone wants a game! I have some new boats to try out ;)

Alrighty gents,

A couple of the guys at total escape have been talking about getting together for an epic/team epic match. I am excited to use my gr-75 for something other than the x-wing pilots! Is anyone interested in some hot 300 point action?

Futant420, I can meet you at the Atomic Goblin tomorrow (Wednesday) around 6:30 for some Epic Play/Wave 4 play if you want (can't wait to try out my E-Wing and Transport!).

Sorry mang, can't make it this week. Maybe next week depending on life and all that. I think that Dan and Alec were talking about something closer to Denver as a meet site, and as this is kinda their idea I will let them make the call. I am just trying to get some wingers together for some epic awesomeness. Would it be possible for you to make it down here Wed.? Probably something Broomfield-y or maybe in Thornton? I can play Wed, it's just that I work pretty late and wouldn't be able to make it up to Atomic Goblin (takes me about 50 mins) in time to play any games. I know Monday's are tough for you, how does your Thursday look if Wednesday doesn't work for you?

edit: You haven't played your E-wing yet? My condolences. I have brought my Defender to no less than 3 games and have managed to get it on the table for a grand total of about 45 seconds. I haven't even tried to add that Headhunter to a list yet. Just can't figure a good use for it in the squad types I like. I'm still investigating, but early returns are not good for the z-95  :(

Edited by Futant420

I could probably make it to TEG or somewhere, assuming I could find the place. I actually have to work this Thursday, but tomorrow I'm free.

And yeah, I haven't played my E-Wing. Nobody's been coming down for X-Wing night anymore. Since the Transport came out, the only game I've played was in Imdaar (and we only had three people for that).

(Best Obi Wan voice)

I know who won your Imdaar -- it was me!

So It looks like we are on for tomorrow if you want to come down. Still working out a location but barring any problems it'll be TEG. Bring your transport and we'll do mission 8. SUPER AWESOME FUN TIME

Awww...man, I just realized...I think we have tickets to the Rockies game tomorrow...sports!!! :angry: I'll have to check to be sure, but...dammit! I might be able to weasel out of it, though. Aside from, that, I have to work Thursday night, and Sat and Sun...Friday, perhaps?

I'll keep you posted. Really hope it works out, I'd really like to get a game in with you.

(Best Obi Wan voice)

I know who won your Imdaar -- it was me!

Dots connecting...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, hey man!  :D  :P  :lol:

Hi fellas! Anyone going to be at Atomic Goblin tomorrow? I have a rare Wednesday off, and need to play some prep for regionals lol. Also I need another E and they are sold out down here.

Hey guys, not from your area but Im wondering if any of you have a link to anything dealing with the upcoming regional in CO? Im looking to drive in but am wondering if they have a  pre reg page or anything similar. Thanks.

RoosterOnAWire likes this