Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjohnson111

Denver/Boulder/Ft.Collins, Colorado

165 posts in this topic

Just a reminder of two things:

This week starts X-Wing open play at Atomic Goblin Games on Wednesday evenings starting at 6. 

We currently have season 2 and 3 kits available, but we have not ironed out any details for any form of league play. My assumption is that we may get things rolling, get some people there, then start planning out how to best make use of the kits. 

Lets show the store that we are serious about getting a playgroup going there!! I will try to be there Wednesday evening but will not make it until at least 7. 

Keep in mind this will be a good way to get in practice before out Store Championship on Feb 23rd!

Also, I am assuming most people here are on Facebook, and have found the Colorado X-Wing page.  If not, I invite you to join us there for news as well : https://www.facebook.com/groups/251442054999006/

Hope to see some people there tonight! I am playing it by ear with weather and how the day goes, but the earliest I will be there myself will be 7-ish.  The owner and a few others have been interested in playing, so don't be shy and show up!

Yep, we are still there.  Typically averaging about 2-4 players per week.  I think this week at least 3 of us should be there - myself and one of the other regulars were thinking about playing a scenario or two possibly.

I normally arrive around 7ish due to work and getting home and such, this week shouldn't be any different for me.  

Hope to see you there!

I ran a "Death Race" type custom scenario at Genghis Con- 1 small ship per person on a track-like map.  I can bring that if there is any interest.  How late does Atomic usually stay open?

Hi all, I'm going to be coming out to Atomic again this Wednesday (3/26).  Let me know if others are planning to join.  I'll put my death race map in the car in case people are interested in trying it out.

Hi all, I'm going to be coming out to Atomic again this Wednesday (3/26).  Let me know if others are planning to join.  I'll put my death race map in the car in case people are interested in trying it out.

Sorry missed you this week.  This was one of the weeks I was not able to make it.  Hoping to be there next Wednesday.

Work has begun to pick up for me with spring coming around, and tonight was a good example of the summer to come, at least for the next few weeks.  We started our closing hours of 7 today, and I wasn't home until 8.  Granted, that won't happen all summer, but likely my participation will be dropping until at least August for the most part.  I will still be around and may stop in once in a while on Wednesday nights, but earliest I will be walking in will be 8 sadly.  Enough time for 1 game though maybe!

This week will not see me, nor next as I will be out of town.  Sorry!  

Jon

New X-Wing miniatures player in Northern Colorado area. Interested in regular group play in Loveland, Greeley, or Ft. Collins.  My base store is The Nerd Store in Greeley. I'm an older gamer but enjoy matches with all age groups. Also play Android: Netrunner LCG.  I've joined the Colorado X-Wing group on Facebook recently as well. Looking forward to meeting other players. - Dave

Edited by AncientWar

Hi there AncientWar. I normally play out of Broomfield, but jjon's list was pretty comprehensive for Northern CO . If you get a chance to come down to Total Escape you should, we have a good group, plus you'll know where regionals are ;) We play on Monday around 6, but I can meet for free play there too.

Ailowynn - I think I will be sojourning to the Goblin this week. I should be there around 7 as well.

If i'm playing in Western SOuth Dakota (Rapid City) would my regionals be there in Colorado? or is it more of a play where ever is closer because we just want you to show up and have fun?

I  believe regionals are open enrollment. So as many as you can make it to.

Sweet, Thanks for the info

Edited by muirman

Hi guys. Sorry I didn't make it out to Longmont last week, bit of an emergency came up. If you get a chance, come to TEG in Broomfield tonight (4/14) for a game. I'm going to go in early so I have time for some pick up games if anyone wants to get one.

Hi guys. Sorry I didn't make it out to Longmont last week, bit of an emergency came up. If you get a chance, come to TEG in Broomfield tonight (4/14) for a game. I'm going to go in early so I have time for some pick up games if anyone wants to get one.

Sorry I missed you! I think there are going to be a couple of us at the Goblin again this week. Hopefully we'll see you tjere

Anyone know when some of the Imdaar events are going to be around the area? Maybe we can get a list going like we did with Store Championships to spread the word and avoid situations like "oops it's tomorrow!" scenarios.  I can't remember if this event is supposed all take place over one weekend or not...

The Imdaar events are supposed to run through the weekend of May 30th - June 1st.  

I made a list of all the shops with contact info in the X-Wing CO Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/251442054999006/395668037243073/?notif_t=group_activity

That doesn't list when shops are planning on doing it of course. 

I can however make a few assumptions for Wizard's Chest and Atomic:

Wizards will definitely run it either Friday night or Saturday.  Typically they switch days every month, and this month is Friday, so would give me even more reason to assume Saturday.

Atomic will more than likely run theirs on Sunday.  It is the day that Jamie doesn't have Pokemon/Yi-Gi/Ponies going on.  Sunday it is quiet, and there aren't kids running around everywhere.  Friday night I imagine would be hard to do too, but we'll see.  I can update for those two stores in the next week or so as I make contact with each of them - if the regular players out of other stores want to follow up with their home base and post here I can compile all the info together into one post.

Jon

Anyone know when some of the Imdaar events are going to be around the area? Maybe we can get a list going like we did with Store Championships to spread the word and avoid situations like "oops it's tomorrow!" scenarios.  I can't remember if this event is supposed all take place over one weekend or not...

I saw that the Atomic Goblin is on the list, although I don't know what day it is. And speaking of which, I hear they might be a May 4th tourney there, as well ...?

I try to post between them both, but, as you may realize, some things may fall through the cracks.  The important stuff should land here though, so no worries.

Atomic will more than likely run theirs on Sunday.  It is the day that Jamie doesn't have Pokemon/Yi-Gi/Ponies going on.  Sunday it is quiet, and there aren't kids running around everywhere.  Friday night I imagine would be hard to do too, but we'll see.  I can update for those two stores in the next week or so as I make contact with each of them - if the regular players out of other stores want to follow up with their home base and post here I can compile all the info together into one post.

Jon

Just noticed this part of your post. It's definitely Sunday--I talked to Jamie the other day and he confirmed that.