Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malgio

Victory Points when Capturing Commanders

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've had a question for a while and was hoping to get an answer within the forum. As per usual, it is an interpretation issue:

In some scenarios, you get victory points for every unit you eliminate. Then, you get points for capturing enemy commanders (say 3 points). My question is the following: if you capture a commander, should you also include the 1 point for eliminating an enemy unit?

At first, my opinion was no. But then, I came across Ned Stark's ability, in which you can capture a commander without eliminating the unit. If you eliminate the unit afterwards, then you would get the extra point, which, to me, doesn't make sense. 

So, what are everyone's opinions?

Thanks!

Also... I was wondering if Ned's ability limits all damage to the commander, or if the rest of the unit can be harmed if you get enough hits on them.

although you eliminate the commander, the "Unit" as per the definition of the game hasn't been destroyed so you wouldn't get the credit until you kill the other figures in the unit.

also the card very clearly states that "All hits must be absorbed by the targeted unit's commander"

so no hits would carry over to the remaining units.

hope that helped

Edited by Gunshy