Sign in to follow this  
Azai

Criticals: Kill a minon or entire group?

I have been rolling it that it kills the entire minion group if you get a critical on your roll.  For me an action isn't just one acti, it could be multiple shots or what have you. Though you only take "one" action

As if someone does 10 damage to a minion group I carry over the damage and it kills more than one minion.

So you'd think a critical would take out the group?  Or would it kill one minion automatically and any other damage would just kill others?

I thought it killed one minion automatically.  It seems a bit to powerful if it takes out the whole group.  If it does enough damage to kill more then one minion I might round my damage up to the next minion (if that makes sense).

ie:  You get 8  damage past the soak of a pack of stormtroopers, and get a critical.  Instead of killing just one minion and a bit more damage, I'd probably bump off two of them.

more specifically, the crit does one minion worth of damage, meaning that if one minion is close to dead (1 hp left), the remaining damage from the crit spills over.

3 minions at 5 wound thresh each = 15 wounds total.

If you score a Triumph and 3 success your total would be

weapon damage + 3 success + 5 (Triumph)

That may end up killing 2 or even all 3 dudes depending on your weapon.

Single minion per crit. A PC not criting on a minion because they know/think it is a minion is pretty serious meta gaming that I'm not a personal fan of.

imo, it's better to use crits on a minion because it does actual damage instead of a debuff (unless you get a seriously high crit roll on a nemesis).

Single minion per crit. A PC not criting on a minion because they know/think it is a minion is pretty serious meta gaming that I'm not a personal fan of.

imo, it's better to use crits on a minion because it does actual damage instead of a debuff (unless you get a seriously high crit roll on a nemesis).

For minions, which are used in groups, killing off a member of the group is effectively a debuff - unless you're killing off the last minion in the group, you're just reducing the upgrades to skills that the numbers grant.

For minions, which are used in groups, killing off a member of the group is effectively a debuff - unless you're killing off the last minion in the group, you're just reducing the upgrades to skills that the numbers grant.

Sure, but it's damage AND a debuff.  If the total threshold is 15, you're still contributing to that number, in addition to reducing their skill level.