Sign in to follow this  
cosman76

has anyone had quality control issues woth the rulebook?

Just got the EotE core rulebook yesterday, and while flipping through, I void a page that was folded, and crumpled. This turned out to be a fix because the page had been incorrectly cut, and the extra folded into the book. I later CPUs that this was actually two pages rhat were mis cut, and stuck as one.....so pages 253-256 are stuck together, and folded into the book. I'm dissatisfied since this book and the dice cost me $80 at retail. Before this i was impressed with the effort F F put into their products. Not so much, now!

So one individual book had an issue, and now you aren't impressed with any of their quality books?

You would be able to return it to the retailer and get a new copy in most countries, but if not, if you e-mail FFG Customer Services, they usually send you a new copy - the few people who have had issues have said that FFG have fixed it free of charge for them.

With the disclaimer that it's possible I have not looked at every page in the book (but suspect I would have noticed what you've described), I've seen no issues of that sort with my copy.

I'd say take it back to the store, show what's wrong, and they'll no doubt give you a new one if they have stock.

So one individual book had an issue, and now you aren't impressed with any of their quality books?

You would be able to return it to the retailer and get a new copy in most countries, but if not, if you e-mail FFG Customer Services, they usually send you a new copy - the few people who have had issues have said that FFG have fixed it free of charge for them.

For the price of the book, and the fantastic quality of other FF products I've had had the chance to get my hands on I am very dissapointed! I don't have the available resources to spend freely on my hobbies, so when I can invest, I want to get what I pay for. I don't feel that the issue here is not one to be taken up with the retailer.

I don't feel that the issue here is not one to be taken up with the retailer.

Soo.. you feel that the issue here is one to be taken up with the retailer? Or did you mean that it's not an issue to be taken up with the retailer?

Certainly if you feel this impacts your perception of FFG's quality control you should contact FFG directly for feedback and replacement. That way they are aware of your individual experience and can use it in whatever way they feel necessary going forward.

And as I said, FFG tend to replace such faulty copies free of charge, so there's nothing stopping you getting a new copy. You really shouldn't let one printer error out of however many products you've bought taint your entire view of the company, especially when, from what I can see, you're one of about 3-4 people who have got a faulty copy, out of thousands of copies printed.

Edited by MILLANDSON

This is something that has happened to me on a few occasions, and is one of the reasons I prefer to get my books at the FLGS. There I can flip through the book and catch defects like this before I buy it (not that the shop would object to me returning a defective product if it slipped through my check).

My book is A-ok.

I have a small treasure trove of FFG stuff. Once I received two identical game pieces in a game while not receiving a needed third. They shipped me the replacement free of charge and quickly. Once I had a game board that arrived warped (something about the drying process screwing up). They quickly sent me replacements.

If the store doesn't do the right thing, simply send FFG a picture of what happened. I wish I had your problem, because you could end up with two copies of the core book.

Cairo, sorry for the double negatve. I meant to say the issue wasn't with the retailer. I found the full problem with the two pages bein un cut just a little while before, and it was while wanting to read up on a ship that was printed on a page i couldn't get to. As far as F F goes, sent them an e-mail, I'll wait until I find out what they say. And for clarification....I currently have just the card game core set, and the RPG day freebie adventure. I just had lofty expectations. Mistakes happen,but this should have been caught

I'd take it back to the store.  When you print a thousand books, odds are a couple are going to have problems.  They can't inspect every single one.  It's always annoying when you get the problem child.

Don't feel bad about taking it back to the store.  If I buy a tool and it doesn't work I don't hesitate to take it back to ye old hardware store.  The store won't get screwed.  They'll send it back to their distributor, who will take it up with FFG.  That's how it's supposed to work.

Before this i was impressed with the effort F F put into their products. Not so much, now!

Not to cast dispersions upon you but . . . big deal? Take the book back to wherever you got it and they'll swap it with a fresh, undamaged one.

Also, you're the odd man out here; I've bought three copies and all of them were fine.

I've never seen any mass produced item that didn't have a few bad apples. Why take this as a personal affront? Its not like FFG did this to you. You got a bad book. Take it back and get a correct one. $#!+ happens. If the problem doesn't get corrected, then you have a reason to be pissed.

• >music swells, Star Wars logo whips by, opening crawl<

Get a digital camera of some kind

GO HERE, fill out the form and upload your photo(s)

Take up knitting or kickboxing in the shipping interim

Enjoy your new undamaged book

>fin<

Edited by Callidon

Allready sent the form to customer service when I first started this thread. That was a while ago, now, I'm just waiting on a live response. I have a feeling it will be a positive one, just disappointed at getting this bad copy.

I still don't see why you don't go back to the store you bought it from. You'd have a much faster turn-around than emailing FFG, waiting for them to respond, sending your book to them and getting them to send you a book back. Several weeks versus half an hour - it baffles me.

Unless you really need that time to learn kickboxing.

Edited by Desslok

No issues with my book.

I'm not sure why the OP feels the need to slam FFG for a printing error, as this is impossible to prevent, but it will be taken care of.

They handled my CS request in under a week as well.

Printing errors happen all the time in the big ol' publishing business. Blame the printer, not FFG. I'm willing to bet the books ship from the printer directly to the retailers, not to a FFG warehouse and then on to the retailers. Even if the books did ship to FFG first, it's highly, highly unlikely they have employees tasked with flipping through every single copy of every single book they print, checking for errors. They trust the printer to get it right--that's partly what the printer is paid to do--deliver error-free product.

But errors happen. If a printer makes enough errors often enough, I imagine FFG would stop using them and find a different printer. 

Exactly.  If you get a bad print of a book, there's two ways to take care of it.

1) Return it to the seller, and exchange it for another copy.  This gives the fastest results, and the seller likely already has arrangements with the publisher (through their distributors) to return the book and get replacement stock.

2) Contact the publisher.  This is slower, but doesn't involve the seller.  FFG has a good reputation with this method, your mileage may vary with other publishers.

Probably because of Gencon - a lot of their staff is going to be there. It'll probably be next week when you hear back now.

Just bad luck you needed to contact them on the busiest week of the RPG industry's year.

Consider it a Despair. ;)