Sign in to follow this  
TinyGrimes

Summer Is Coming: Episode 23

"What really, those guys still do that podcast?" I hear you saying. The answer is yes we do and we are back! On this week's podcast, Tiny emerges from his cave and discovers a new FAQ which makes him smile. Tiny and Darknoj discuss top deck choices for Gencon in this new meta. Darknoj reveals the name of his Gencon deck. Finally, the cast crafts their podcast challenge deck. Spoiler alert it's a Lannister deck. 

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/podcasts/_/summer-is-coming/summer-is-coming-episode-23-r206

The Lannister deck is a lie. Spoiler Tiny is spreading mis information...lisen to find out what we really think the best deck is. ;)

Thank God! I'll actually listen to it now...the last thing I wanted to hear was another Lanni deck. lol ;)

That was a great pod cast guys. I laughed when you said DC isn't creative.  That is so not true, haha. Also, this tournament we all aren't playing the same deck this time! 

Looking forward to matching up against cersei's wheelhouse in the joust!

Hey, once you all run the same deck for a few years it makes the community think that you have one good deck builder and the rest have very little creativity. Of course this year we all just figure that the one deck builder built like 10 decks for all of you.... ;)

Corey really is the master deckbuilder. That doesn't mean the rest of us don't original deck ideas. If any of them turn out to be good, he takes a look at it, pulls out the bad cards, and puts in good cards. In the end, there's usually only a couple of decks that rise to the top. It's a shame I'm most likely going to have to miss the joust this year since it's looking like I will be leaving Indy Friday evening.

Downloading the podcast now, so can't comment on that yet until I listen.

not for the 2c1c eyes

I'm glad Darknoj fought to leave Free Cities Mercenaries in the deck. Only weakness (at least what I catched while listening) in the deck is its weak powergrab ability. You can get a lockdown, but it will take some turns. There is not many power icons and barely any renown (think I count only 1?) and the claim is all 0-1 which can mean timed wins/losses in the tournament setting. This is especially true if your opponent notices that your deck cannot get power without uo and even then it gains it slowly. So good that the Mercenaries were not removed as those could be quite important towards winning the game, I'm just not sure if it is enough thou.