Sign in to follow this  
Nashable

Starship Repair Rules for GMs to use

Hi all,

The rules for Ship repair outside of combat are a little vague. Combining the information given in the Core rule-book (pages 111, 150, 245 and 308) with some of my own ideas, I posted a suggestion for any GM out there on how to allow repairs to be a good economic balance for your player group but also allow character skills to be rewarded.

http://nashable.net/?p=260

If you’re looking for something more streamlined then check out the simple rules I posted: http://nashable.net/?p=314

I hope it helps and let me know I'd you have any feedback.

I have to agree with the sentiment towards the streamlined rules.  They are quite well done.

Those best fit the EotE rules as they currently exist.  The others seem quite detailed and logical, but don't really fit the rest of the system.  I suspect that eventually there will be a lot of house rules similar to your full set by those more interested in detail and minutia.

Thanks for this - I will give our resident wookiee mechanic the option of using the simple or complex rules.  

Any suggestions regarding the cost of repairing critical hits/injuries to starships?  I didn't see what additional cost (and perhaps there is none!) repairing a critical hit might task the party with.  Given page 243's section on critical hits, and the mention that the ship counts as being Critically Hit until it is repaired, I was assuming that there would be extra cost to repair it.

Nothing like a bit of thread necromancy to start your Friday! So as of a month or two ago these links were good, but when I clicked them today to check something they're dead. I thought they were pretty good and would like to use them (never copied them down, just referenced the link). The wayback machine doesn't seem to have anything, anyone have this hanging around their harddrive (preferably the detailed)?

Edited by Hinklemar

Nothing like a bit of thread necromancy to start your Friday! So as of a month or two ago these links were good, but when I clicked them today to check something they're dead. I thought they were pretty good and would like to use them (never copied them down, just referenced the link). The wayback machine doesn't seem to have anything, anyone have this hanging around their harddrive (preferably the detailed)?

The guy who posted them hasn't been around for about a year and it looks like this was hosted on his personal website...maybe someone copied them down? I would like to see the simple rules as well.

The guy who posted them hasn't been around for about a year and it looks like this was hosted on his personal website...maybe someone copied them down? I would like to see the simple rules as well.

I pinged him elsewhere and he said he's looking into it.

I’ve got later versions of Nashable’s Starship Repair Rules at https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2fldukjqenz4hn/Starship%20Repair%20Rules%20Version%201.1.pdf?dl=0 (version 1.1) and https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnhfzyer3jhw1jo/SRR%20v%201.4.pdf?dl=0 (version 1.4).

However, I don’t know if these would qualify as the “simple” version or not.

Edited by bradknowles

Hello everyone, it seems I have a major issue with my web host and in the near future I believe my website is gone. Thankfully Brad has done an awesome job of incorporating my rule set into that fantastic looking PDF.

The "simplified" version is actually the alternative repair rules on page 7 of the PDF (v1.4) the goal of which is to create a single roll for groups who don't want to play out the detailed mechanics.

Hey Nashable! I've been working on my own house rules (inspired by yours) regarding repairs for a bit. Can I get your permission to grab some of your work and use it? Most notably the flaws and common services costs. I will of course give credit if I make it available for others.

Hello everyone, it seems I have a major issue with my web host and in the near future I believe my website is gone. Thankfully Brad has done an awesome job of incorporating my rule set into that fantastic looking PDF.

To be fair, I didn’t create the PDFs in question. I just snagged a copy of them when I saw the postings, in case I might need them again in the future.

And then there’s always the case that the originals might go offline at some point. ;)

The "simplified" version is actually the alternative repair rules on page 7 of the PDF (v1.4) the goal of which is to create a single roll for groups who don't want to play out the detailed mechanics.

Cool. Thanks for that clarification!