Sign in to follow this  
bobafett4ever

Anyone else buy a box with a wrong card in it?

So my wife and I had just got into the game.  We bought the original starter box and Edge of Darkness box.

Keep in mind we haven't gone anywhere to play yet and only have 1 of each.

While going through the cards again last night, I realized that I had 2 'Over My Dead Body' #75(6/6) cards and was missing the #74(6/6) card.  

I was surprised, but I know errors can happen in packaging, especially since they're both a 6/6 and just one objective set different.  

I did contact FFG this morning in hopes they'll replace the missing card (I even told them I'd send back the extra one as proof if they needed it).

All this to say, has anyone else encountered this?  Have you taken a moment to actually make sure you have the correct cards?

(As a side note completely unrelated, I remember way back in the day when I played the Decipher CCG and got a blank card in a booster pack.  It had the Dark Side back, but a completely black front, lol.)

Ugh. You are going to make me check mine when I get home.  Both the #74 and #75 6/6 cards are the same card 'Over My Dead Body' so I'm guessing the issue was that they accidentally gave you 2 of one and 0 of the other.  Would be a simple mistake, and as you encountered FFG is usually very good about fixing.

I haven't noticed any errors like this before, but I also generally assume they are correct.  Obviously when swapping cards in/out of decks I check the numbers here and there since several cards are like this - Same card but different set numbers, and I havent ever seen this myself so far.

Edited by Hida77

Ugh. You are going to make me check mine when I get home.  Both the #74 and #75 6/6 cards are the same card 'Over My Dead Body' so I'm guessing the issue was that they accidentally gave you 2 of one and 0 of the other.  Would be a simple mistake, and as you encountered FFG is usually very good about fixing.

I haven't noticed any errors like this before, but I also generally assume they are correct.  Obviously when swapping cards in/out of decks I check the numbers here and there since several cards are like this - Same card but different set numbers, and I havent ever seen this myself so far.

Cool - at least now I know they both use the same 6/6 card.  Worst case I can still keep playing with it :)  I appreciate the info.  

You could run into trouble in tournament play. In competitive play, the cards cannot simply have the proper title, they need to be the exact and correct number. Would anyone notice? Probably not. But, depending on your personality type, you might now want to risk it. 

Edited by divinityofnumber

You could run into trouble in tournament play. In competitive play, the cards cannot simply have the proper title, they need to be the exact and correct number. Would anyone notice? Probably not. But, depending on your personality type, you might now want to risk it. 

True but in the interim while he's waiting for FFG to fix it, he at least can try it out, and I personally wouldn't have a problem with it as a TO if I was aware prior to the tournament, since it is the same card after all. Of course, I would likely request to verify that was the only deviation just to be safe, but I see it as a pretty minor issue.

i would think if you contacted FFG they would take care of it for you.

Yes, FFG is going to replace it for free.  That's cool and all.  Just wanted to post so others can see if they too had the same issue in their game box.  I just bought a second from the same place... will be interesting to see if the issue arises again :)

Yes, I bought a force pack that ended up having two Old Bens Spirits that were both numbered 3 of 6. FFG sent me the appropriately numbered 2 of 6 card at no charge. Their customer service was very easy to deal with and responsive.

Edited by WldKarrde