Nomad_Carl

Talisman - Digital Edition

Quite the opposite!

There are more active players now than there ever has been, and cross-platform multiplayer is coming soon so it'll be even easier to find opponents. We're working on the game all day every day, fixing bugs and adding new stuff, so it certainly isn't dead.

Great to hear about the cross-platform multiplayer.  That should be a real game-changer, no pun intended.

Vote for the next Talisman DE character here: http://www.talisman-game.com/character-competition/

Proceeds go to support SpecialEffect! http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

Done! and I'm not telling :).

I have not played DE for ages waiting for a new board to get back into it.

Thats what I amwaiting for . Highlands new board . When is that coming out?

For anyone who is interested, you can the base game and 2 character packs on Humble Bundle. Minimum donation is $1. I think this game is dead by now, but you can't go wrong for a dollar.

The game was updated 3 days ago. I hardly can call it dead.

Happy to be corrected on that, I might give it another go. I am waiting for the Highlands as all these extra characters from Mephisto and others don't interest me.  With cross platform multiplayer, hopefully they'll consider a Windows Phone version too :)

My daughter (6) literally jumped up and down and cheered when I told her this morning, and is playing a game as the Rogue as I write this.  I had a good game as the Warrior late last night.

...Though it seems that many Sacred Pool cards may have accidentally made it into the update, as well, at least on my phone (Android, Samsung Note 2).  The names of cards are there, but with a generic picture and text along the lines of "Text is missing/not entered."  I've had to look these up on the Talisman Wiki to figure out what I found or am fighting.  Any insights on this?

New update for the PC/Mac/Android/Kindle versions is available today, which includes - 

Highland expansion

Cross-platform multiplayer

New achievements

Shape Shifter character

Loads of bug fixes

Get alchemising!

Carl

No iOS/ iPhone? :( 

Also - My iPhone Talisman icon is just blank color black. Is this normal?

There was a problem which was causing blank cards to appear, which has since been fixed in a new update.

iOS is in Apple submission so we're not sure when it will be available, it depends on how long they take.

Yes, iOS (when released) will be able to play against Android/PC/Mac/Kindle players!

Hi Carl!

Do you guys at Nomad have plan to introduce multiple save slots? I think this is really needed.

For the example, I usually play with my son using our ipad. But at times, I wanted to play my own Talisman game. He would be upset if I continue the game without him.

I tried to play using the iphone but since the ipad and the iphone use the same AppleID, then they share the same save game, so, back at square one.

I have been playing on Android for a couple of weeks now.  I do not have facebook, or STEAM, so I am having a hard time finding games.  Very few public games seem to be posted, and when I have put some games out there, I have had no takers.

I would love to connect with some folks who would like to play every now and then.

I enjoy Talisman DE very much (apart from the odd bug here and there) but would much prefer to play with real people rather than the AI - which seems to make some crazy choices from time to time.

Please reply to this, or perhaps set up another thread if folks are interested in sharing info to play online.

Thanks

Hi Carl!

I just downloaded the new update. I could not wait to play the Highland expansion!

Unfortunately, something went wrong. When I restore the previous purchase in my ipad, the Frostmarch expansion is still listed as not purchased :(

I tried to delete-reinstall-repurchase several times but the bug is still there. Any advice?

Hi Carl!

I just downloaded the new update. I could not wait to play the Highland expansion!

Unfortunately, something went wrong. When I restore the previous purchase in my ipad, the Frostmarch expansion is still listed as not purchased :(

I tried to delete-reinstall-repurchase several times but the bug is still there. Any advice?

Hi,

This appears to be a problem with communications with the App Store. I have read that one person had to re-install the game three times before it finally recognised everything he owned and marked it all as 'purchased'. We'll look into it at our end to make sure everything is ok, but I suggest trying that even though you've already tried it.

Let me know how it goes.

Carl

I have been playing on Android for a couple of weeks now.  I do not have facebook, or STEAM, so I am having a hard time finding games.  Very few public games seem to be posted, and when I have put some games out there, I have had no takers.

I would love to connect with some folks who would like to play every now and then.

I enjoy Talisman DE very much (apart from the odd bug here and there) but would much prefer to play with real people rather than the AI - which seems to make some crazy choices from time to time.

Please reply to this, or perhaps set up another thread if folks are interested in sharing info to play online.

Thanks

There always seems to be games open when I look. Currently the Android version isn't compatible with the PC version, but that should change in the next few hours with a small update. Talisman is a very global game, and public games appear on the list at different times of the day.

Hi,

This appears to be a problem with communications with the App Store. I have read that one person had to re-install the game three times before it finally recognised everything he owned and marked it all as 'purchased'. We'll look into it at our end to make sure everything is ok, but I suggest trying that even though you've already tried it.

Let me know how it goes.

Carl

I did reinstall several times, sign out-resign in App Store etc and the Frostmarch still listed as not purchased yet. I tries to purchase it again and a pop up showed, saying that I have bought it and it would be restored for free but nothing happened.

I have contacted App Store to see if they could fix this from their end. Maybe the last resort is asking for refund and repurchase it. I'll update you. Thanks, Carl!