Nomad_Carl

Talisman - Digital Edition

Dungeon expansion is awesome.

Just played a 2P game with the Ice Queen ending.

Initially was doing well as Merchant, but got killed by Reaper.

Came back as Ogre Chieftain, ended up with Strength 12 and Craft 12 thanks to the levelling power of the Dungeon!

Dominated the Colossal Ogre, annihilated the Lord of Darkness using it, took the Wand of Dragonfire, teleported to the Ice Queen, and sprayed her with the wand five times in a row for the win. :P

Game is GREAT at 60 FPS. Runs silky smooth, spellcasting works perfectly, even with Spell Call and Gypsy ability trying to do the same thing. Keep the good work coming...

Meh I don't like the Treasure card instead of Quest reward gain option. Just makes it harder when jumping into a game to cheak if its on or off, other than that it looks faster..

I'm holding back purchacing its still seriously buggy and I know it must be hard to program etc etc but its been ages now? sigh...

Edited by Uvatha

Seriously buggy??? You must be kidding right! It runs like a dream now...

So they fixed everything no stalling fixed the rules issues? I just had one game the guys i played against said "yes" still seriously buggy it dropped out i was not pleased anyway because we were playing that silly "complete a quest get a dungeon treasure" not sure why they went with that its not even in the rules as a optional rule?

Don't worry. Treasure Rewards is an optional rule. It's a nice way to see more treasure cards in action. Nomad has been faithful to the board game and identifies house rules as such. It even ensures you choose quests freely when playing Reaper without Frostmarch! (Quite impressed by that.)

The adherence to the rules allows players to learn how to play the physical game properly. Then they can add house rules as they see fit. So I think they've done a great job in that aspect. I teach new players the digital edition without any house rules at first because it's such a great tutor in that aspect. Yeah, it means you have to check each and every online game to see if the host selected rules you like. But if you go to someone's house to play Talisman, you'll have to respect their house rules, too!

There are some bugs still, but not much, really. I think there are more "bugs" in the physical game, to be honest! Not just card interaction problems, but because we forget little subtle rules and modifiers from time to time. The digital edition, being automated, has those on lock...so you get a more accurate game, despite a few bugs..

Yeah i hear yeh Artaterxes I suppose i just want more expansions :) but there are things in game i do not like very much like the added on characters the grim reaper ending as well. Just want to have a way you can just play with the sets as are without any added "not in the game" adds i mean the promo cards are ok because its just a couple but at mo there is no way you can turn the added characters off or some of the added rules (unless you yourself host) or go into a game check the "rules" then get added to the game anyways before you had a look and decided if you want to play.

Would be better if it clearly marked the games rules up front so you can decide if you want to play or not? Because to its not fair to other players too when your stuck in a game your not happy with playing just because of timing. Other than that its great going to have a few games soon and check out how buggy it is for myself.

Edited by Uvatha

You can check the rules that are being used in a game before it starts. The game cannot be started until all players have ticked Ready. If you don't like the rules, leave that game and create your own!

On the bugs issue, there are very few bugs in the game at the moment. People tend to experience one or two and claim that the game is 'riddled with bugs', but more often than not it's a rule that they've forgotten about or an effect in the game changing things. A common one is someone having the Hag, and then claiming that they cannot cast Mesmerism and the game is therefore a buggy mess. It's partly a problem with the rules and partly us not presenting it in a way in which the players cannot forget those things. We show reminders on the left of the screen whenever something is affecting the standard rules, such as the Hag, but maybe people don't look to the left very often.

There is a rule for turning off the added characters now too.

You can check the rules that are being used in a game before it starts. The game cannot be started until all players have ticked Ready. If you don't like the rules, leave that game and create your own!

On the bugs issue, there are very few bugs in the game at the moment. People tend to experience one or two and claim that the game is 'riddled with bugs', but more often than not it's a rule that they've forgotten about or an effect in the game changing things. A common one is someone having the Hag, and then claiming that they cannot cast Mesmerism and the game is therefore a buggy mess. It's partly a problem with the rules and partly us not presenting it in a way in which the players cannot forget those things. We show reminders on the left of the screen whenever something is affecting the standard rules, such as the Hag, but maybe people don't look to the left very often.

There is a rule for turning off the added characters now too.

Oh right I saw the turning characters off option cool. And you say "The game cannot be started until all players have ticked Ready" cool thats what I wanted great stuff I tried to get a game going but it crashed on me so I will try again laters.

random disconections from other players, in every game, every game.

Its a pile of **** at the moment and players will be leaving in their droves.

Such a shame.

Edited by yyami

random disconections from other players, in every game, every game.

Its a pile of **** at the moment and players will be leaving in their droves.

Such a shame.

Yeah same here i haven't completed a game yet. Even resuming crashes.

The Dungeon expansion is now available for the PC version!

iOS and Android versions to follow very soon.

Carl

I love the Dungeon.  I just got the digital version today.  I blew through the ending of the dungeon with a 33 total attack roll.  Crown of Command, here I come!

Dungeon is working great. My feature requests would be: Making treasures drawn for completing quests actually random! I have done this a bunch an they always come in the same order!

I would also see some more customization with expansions. For example playing characters for reaper without using the reaper decks, or vice verse...

I would also like the option to simply select my ending, not rely on random hidden or revealed endings.

Thanks for the fun game as always!

For anyone who is interested, you can the base game and 2 character packs on Humble Bundle. Minimum donation is $1. I think this game is dead by now, but you can't go wrong for a dollar.

For anyone who is interested, you can the base game and 2 character packs on Humble Bundle. Minimum donation is $1. I think this game is dead by now, but you can't go wrong for a dollar.

The game was updated 3 days ago. I hardly can call it dead.

Quite the opposite!

There are more active players now than there ever has been, and cross-platform multiplayer is coming soon so it'll be even easier to find opponents. We're working on the game all day every day, fixing bugs and adding new stuff, so it certainly isn't dead.