Nomad_Carl

Talisman - Digital Edition

It also zooms in whenever someone encounters a place card that emulates another space on the board and remains zoomed in afterwards.

Yes, that is a problem too. I really hoped they can fix the messed up camera zoom. 

Any word on a fix, Carl?

Edited by MM965

The issue with the camera zooming in when you encounter certain cards and then not zooming out again afterwards is an issue and we'll take a look at that.

The problem with locking the view to the mid-level of zoom is that there are movement roll results you can have which would then be out of view. For example, if you're on the Crags space and you have the Highland expansion on, and you roll a 2, if we didn't change the camera then your Hills roll result in the Highland would be very difficult to move to because of the character information on the left of the screen.To cover all of these situations, we made it so that if any roll result allows a character to move onto the Dungeon/City/Highland then we zoom out so you can see all movement options.

We'll take a look at it to see if it can be improved, but it's possible that any changes could make some situations worse than they are now.

Carl

Edited by Nomad_Carl

Thanks for your reply, Carl. I just downloaded the new Talisman update for Android, and the automatic camera zoom appears to be somewhat better. No more constant, uncontrolled zooming in and out out when playing with the expansions. But... It still zooms out to max all the time for the Reaper's move, even if available moves are all visible at medium zoom. I appreciate you guys listening to our concerns, and I really hope you will continue to work on fixing the camera zoom problems. Thanks again.  :)

Edited by MM965

Thanks for your reply, Carl. I just downloaded the new Talisman update for Android, and the automatic camera zoom appears to be somewhat better. No more constant, uncontrolled zooming in and out out when playing with the expansions. But... It still zooms out to max all the time for the Reaper's move, even if available moves are all visible at medium zoom. I appreciate you guys listening to our concerns, and I really hope you will continue to work on fixing the camera zoom problems. Thanks again.  :)

Really? I've tried it quite a few times and I haven't seen that behaviour. I'll look into it and see when if I can repeat it.

Thanks,

Carl

Goddammit...I downloaded all available content on my phone and have played 4 times offline. So far I have died 3 out of 4 games and in the other one it crashed and I was unable to finish as it erased the game... bounty Hunter died by turn 4 in a 6 player game. Lol

So I have a question, that's more about the etiquette of players in the game vs actual game issues. I seem to run into a rampant problem in trying to join public games usually on the Europe server because the USA server is always empty. Anyways the creators of said public game will boot me out of the game, I am confused on this, why have a public game if you want certain people to play? isn't that the intent of the Private game option and is just poor etiquette on the part of these game hosts, is there a way for this to be addressed? 

Host your own room, not really a problem unique to talisman I've in into that on virtually any online game. What I find more annoying us how everyone quite when you start doing well

Host your own room, not really a problem unique to talisman I've in into that on virtually any online game. What I find more annoying us how everyone quite when you start doing well

Everyone goes "Quite" :) hehehe yeah you mean Quits. Thats the real prob with the DE. Bloody Annoying

Sorry, lots of typos there lol. I've only played a few online games, they always ended in under thirty minutes when it became me vs the npcs that had replaced all the disconnected "players". I think talisman is too long of a game to play over the internet unless it's with friends. Even then it would be easy for a game to be ruined by a momentary internet outage, dead iPad, or someone getting bored and surfing the net for a second.

Sorry, lots of typos there lol. I've only played a few online games, they always ended in under thirty minutes when it became me vs the npcs that had replaced all the disconnected "players". I think talisman is too long of a game to play over the internet unless it's with friends. Even then it would be easy for a game to be ruined by a momentary internet outage, dead iPad, or someone getting bored and surfing the net for a second.

I would be more than happy to play a game with other committed players, but I've run into the same problem that you have.  Something starts going wrong and people are quick to bail.

What I've started doing is playing a six-person local game, but I control all the characters.  I don't play with the intent of having any one character win.  I try not to allow my knowledge of what spells the other players have or what strategies one of them is plotting influence what the other players do.  (For example, I won't avoid have a character cast a spell on another character if I know that the other character has Counterspell, or something like that.)  It's worked out pretty well so far.  It's a little cumbersome having to constantly reveal the cards in each character's hand, but at least I have a competitive game, unlike when I play against the computer.

I've introduced Talisman to a number of my friends around here, and several of them now also own the D.E.  We're trying to get an online game where we all get together to play, but we're having trouble getting our schedules to line up.

Is there a season pass for android? If so where would I find it?

No. Only via Steam.

Which is a bummer.  I must admit though the game is not nearly as fun on a phone as it is in real life. 

I still do not understand the interface half the time and using spells is a pain in the butt.  Also, I have a problem with certain cards that I have to select them every turn to be used...  Overall the interface is good but could use some fine tweaking!

New guy here. Is the IOS cross platform feature working? I'm excited to stumbled on to the DE of Talisman but I'm not seeing very many open games unfortunately...

New guy here. Is the IOS cross platform feature working? I'm excited to stumbled on to the DE of Talisman but I'm not seeing very many open games unfortunately...

For the cross-platform multiplayer to work, all platforms need to be on the same version of the game. Currently, the PC and Android versions are ahead of the iOS version but that will change in the next few days. Soon there will be an update on iOS which will bring it in line with the others and then you'll see more games.

Hope this explains things!

For the cross-platform multiplayer to work, all platforms need to be on the same version of the game. Currently, the PC and Android versions are ahead of the iOS version but that will change in the next few days. Soon there will be an update on iOS which will bring it in line with the others and then you'll see more games.

Hope this explains things!

Wonderful, thank-you kindly!

With Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop splitting up, what happens to the digital edition? It is basically a digital version of Fantasy Flight's Revised 4th edition of Talisman and Nomad Games produces it for Games Workshop, so how does it work? Can Nomad still produce the expansions for the digital edition? Who holds the right to what for this game? The mechanics likely revert to Games Workshop but the art and the expansion created by Fantasy Flight Games belong to Fantasy Flight? This seems like a crazy mess.

With Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop splitting up, what happens to the digital edition? It is basically a digital version of Fantasy Flight's Revised 4th edition of Talisman and Nomad Games produces it for Games Workshop, so how does it work? Can Nomad still produce the expansions for the digital edition? Who holds the right to what for this game? The mechanics likely revert to Games Workshop but the art and the expansion created by Fantasy Flight Games belong to Fantasy Flight? This seems like a crazy mess.

There's nothing to worry about. We will be continuing to work on the expansions for Talisman: DE.