Sign in to follow this  
Valdier

My "Escape from Mos Shuuta" Crawl

With the full game being out now, we are going to begin our Star Wars Campaign in a couple days.

This weekend I decided to learn After Effects yesterday (about 12 hours to learn enough) in order to create my own Star Wars for the Beginners game Adventure.

(I changed the text slightly to reflect a slight twist, Trexx shot them down as an agent of Teemo, but thought they died).

This is an MKV File and is best played in Windows Media Player with the DivX Codec's installed.

Would love to hear feedback.

(LINK MOVED TO THE NEXT POST)

(YouTube won't allow it due to the music :/)

Edited by Valdier

Ok, so I have fought the law and well... the law lost :)

YouTube allowed the audio through The Fair Rights act allowing me to use the Star Wars music for my videos.

I have this as a much higher quality DivX file using Google Docs: 
(THIS IS THE BEST LINK TO VIEW IMO)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3L3BFVdIbUpZDQ4c1dYZjhUTFk/edit

(THIS IS THE BEST LINK TO VIEW IMO)

Or on YouTube (Their conversion software leaves the intro blurry even in 1080p)

Edited by Valdier

Good job. I'm a perfectionist so I have some feedback. It looks like you ran into the same issue I did when using planet JPG's as part of the pan. Stick that JPG into Photoshop and spend some time cleaning up those artifacts (the distorted "stars" and atmosphere.) I find it easier to get rid of the atmosphere glow from the JPG and create a new one in AE - it ends up much cleaner. Lastly, the crawl is a bit too steep - here, I suggest playing one of the movies side-by-side and adjust the angle of your 3D layer until you get a close match, then place your gradient mask and fade out appropriately based on your final angle.

As mentioned, I'm a perfectionist and the feedback is just minor things I myself worked through when doing this exact same exercise - good job overall, really.

Good job. I'm a perfectionist so I have some feedback. It looks like you ran into the same issue I did when using planet JPG's as part of the pan. Stick that JPG into Photoshop and spend some time cleaning up those artifacts (the distorted "stars" and atmosphere.) I find it easier to get rid of the atmosphere glow from the JPG and create a new one in AE - it ends up much cleaner. Lastly, the crawl is a bit too steep - here, I suggest playing one of the movies side-by-side and adjust the angle of your 3D layer until you get a close match, then place your gradient mask and fade out appropriately based on your final angle.

As mentioned, I'm a perfectionist and the feedback is just minor things I myself worked through when doing this exact same exercise - good job overall, really.

I think I agree with you there on the planet artifacts, I will make sure to fix that up the next time I do a planet pan :)

I will check out the crawl in a previous movie and see if I can modify that angle slightly in my AE project. For Long Arm of the Hutt, I am using a quick pan down to some stars and then almost a "chase cam" kinda pan as I scroll a Krayt Fang image across the screen (Fading in quickly, then scaling up until if flies off the bottom of the screen, all in all, maybe 2-3 seconds on screen).

I'd capitalize GALACTIC EMPIRE.

love the pan down, too.

other than that, fantastic!

Good catch on that, Galactic Empire probably should have been Capped. Thank you :)

Edited by Valdier