Sign in to follow this  
DevastazioneH88

Nigthmare Mode Epic Fail

its the German citizen who is paying for all of you and your poor economy.

What a nice fairy tale. History has only bad things to tell about Germany and history never lie.

its the German citizen who is paying for all of you and your poor economy.

What a nice fairy tale. History has only bad things to tell about Germany and history never lie.

History is History. Now is Now. I am not surprised that of all people its a Greek who responds that way. Burning our flag and calling our government nazis does not hide your financial desaster which started the european financial crisis. Without our money Greece would already be bankrupt since 2010.

Hey guys you come to far his time. I love it. At least a bit not baby talk here as usual do. 

Anyway i think they should to sell us nightmare mode in the adventure pack straight away.

Only if it won't rise the prices too much. I could afford it but no need to pay too much for something you might not need.

And please gentlemen. Let's behaive :)

If I had pictures of the cards I could make them myself for 45 cents. Let's say for the sake of argument that FFG's POD costs are 1$ packaging included (which would surprise me if it was that high). They MSRP for 7 meaning that stores should be able to buy them for about $3.50 (Its $3.61). That means they would be making a 250% profit and working on a 72% profit margin which is 32% higher than the retail stores run on.

You're right though, people can just vote with dollars and not buy them.

Edited by Corrinmana

never said this before, but i think its time the mods closed this one

Yep, the concept of fraternité gets more and more forgotten these times. But if Elves and Dwarves could get their **** together... :mellow:

(though I don't rememeber 25 percent of the dwarves being jobless)

Edit:

Woah, this forum has an auto censor mode?

booored, how do you manage that your oposts don't get censored?

Edited by leptokurt

For once I commmpletely agree with Booooored.  an American company cant sell its products at completely different prices based on another countries purchasing power.  Just goes against basic economics and business.  They wouldn't have the resources to analyze each country's purchasing power and adjust accordingly.  Should they sell to African countries at 1 cent? No.  They still make their margins and such, and for Mr. 72% margin there, PoD packs I can guarantee have slimmer margins than Adventure Packs.

Also, how has no one commented on this post being called 'Epic Fail' with the OP spelling 'Nightmare' incorrectly?  Perfect

(Skipping the flame war . . . )

The purpose of the Nightmare Mode expansions, as I see it, is to pacify the players who are constantly complaining that the game is too easy.  A secondary reason may be to quietly assess the level of interest for very hard scenarios; if they sell very few of the Nightmare Mode expansions (as I think likely), then they'll know how many players are interested in that difficulty level.

At the risk of being cynical, I don't think it will shut down the complaints.  Every relatively easy quest that is released - every single one - they complain, as if they expect every single quest to be Difficulty 11.  The idea that that may not be what all players want completely escapes them.

But at least now there is a reasonable response:  think the recent quest is too easy?  Have you beat Escape from Dol Guldur in Nightmare Mode with your solo deck yet?  No?  If what you want is difficulty, then why are you playing recent quests that you know will be less difficult than the Nightmare Mode quests?

Edited by Runix

(Skipping the flame war . . . )

The purpose of the Nightmare Mode expansions, as I see it, is to pacify the players who are constantly complaining that the game is too easy.  A secondary reason may be to quietly assess the level of interest for very hard scenarios; if they sell very few of the Nightmare Mode expansions (as I think likely), then they'll know how many players are interested in that difficulty level.

At the risk of being cynical, I don't think it will shut down the complaints.  Every relatively easy quest that is released - every single one - they complain, as if they expect every single quest to be Difficulty 11.  The idea that that may not be what all players want completely escapes them.

But at least now there is a reasonable response:  think the recent quest is too easy?  Have you beat Escape from Dol Guldur in Nightmare Mode with your solo deck yet?  No?  If what you want is difficulty, then why are you playing recent quests that you know will be less difficult than the Nightmare Mode quests?

i also think that nightmare decks keeps older quests relevant. with an ever expanding player card pool, the encounter deck has to be able to keep up, as every card game has power creep (just compare the new ithilien archer's stats and cost to the core set's silverlode archer or horseback archer, for example).

if new decks are so good they just stomp old quests - that's not fun - even if you aren't "power decking" - and it limits the quests available to really provide a good time.

at the same time, i don't think i am one that *always* complains about easy quests - but when i literally slap a sub-par deck together in 1 minute and play a quest and beat it before it begins (i'm looking at you, Amon Din) - that's a big let down and you almost feel like you wasted $15 bucks on the AP. games are supposed to present some sort of challenge or fun factor - if everything is too easy - or too ridiculously difficult - then the game isn't worth playing (for me. theme can never override whether i had to "work" for victory. this isn't an RPG).

i like to figure out the "puzzle" of the quest - what sort of deck to i need? what hero combination would work best? etc. easy quests just don't pose the same mental engagement as the moderate to difficult quests.

and i certainly think it's a balancing act that FFG has to play here. quests can't be so hard that new players can't jump in at any point but also different/unique/challenging enough that players from the beginning aren't bored and stop playing.

i don't envy FFGs task at all... ;)

Edited by Dain Ironfoot

on a side note, got my nightmare decks in today. beat passage through mirkwood (not easily) and lost journey down the anduin, didnt even attempt dol guldur.  used an outlands deck too.

some of the art on the new encounter cards is just gruesome and awesome. the crazed prisoner and forest flies in particular are great.  the new ungoliant's spawn looks far more vicious now too

on a side note, got my nightmare decks in today. beat passage through mirkwood (not easily) and lost journey down the anduin, didnt even attempt dol guldur.  used an outlands deck too.

some of the art on the new encounter cards is just gruesome and awesome. the crazed prisoner and forest flies in particular are great.  the new ungoliant's spawn looks far more vicious now too

Try PTM again. Outlands can suffer there a lot with new US.

JDTA is cool and hard but you will find the way how to beat it. But you never know chance to win or lose 50/50 even with powerful Outlands...

Dol-Guldor solo for now is impossible.....This is most difficult quest in the game now.

We beat it twice in  2 players, really hard one but also very interesting.

Try PTM again. Outlands can suffer there a lot with new US.

JDTA is cool and hard but you will find the way how to beat it. But you never know chance to win or lose 50/50 even with powerful Outlands...

Dol-Guldor solo for now is impossible.....This is most difficult quest in the game now.

We beat it twice in  2 players, really hard one but also very interesting.

i'll try mirkwood again tomorrow. its likely i could have gotten lucky on it as i only encountered a few nightmare cards.  JDTA i likely would have lost even if it wasnt nightmare since i staged into cheiftan uruk and marsh adder on turns 1 and 2; went mostly downhill from there

The new art is really cool. I always hated the original Spawn art

Actully i like the Art of old one

pffft... no accounting for taste :P

pic1734810.png

These cards have BAD ASS art!

Edited by booored

The new art is really cool. I always hated the original Spawn art

Actully i like the Art of old one

pffft... no accounting for taste :P

pic1734810.png

These cards have BAD ASS art!

Yes sure. I mean old Ungoliant spawn

played nightmare PTM again with outlands, one again but my victory was even narrower than before.  all three copies of "the spiders web" showed up which led to theodreds death pretty early on.  Balin was 1 HP away from dying.  revealed beorn's path for stage 3B which helped me avoid Ungoliants Spawn, if i had "dont leave the path" instead i likely would have lost.  The turn i even won on was a big risk.  needed all 10 progress on beorn's path with a necromancer's path in the staging area (contributing 3 threat points).  I quested every character for 15 knowing my chances were slim but revealed Ungonliant's Brood during staging which only contributes 2 threat points so i had just enough to pass and win